XIM Community

I hate my Xim Apex for Overwatch, and I don't like the moderators anymore.  (Read 2723 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
mist confirmed the generic translator in Overwatch and the first position on the curve handles the deadzone of the game. We will release it (and 4 other generic translators with different deadzone shapes) along with H1Z1 this week. The translator those here are interested in for Overwatch Linear aim technique will be called Generic Alpha and will show up on the end of the games list when you create a new Config.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
mist confirmed the generic translator in Overwatch and the first position on the curve handles the deadzone of the game. We will release it (and 4 other generic translators with different deadzone shapes) along with H1Z1 this week. The translator those here are interested in for Overwatch Linear aim technique will be called Generic Alpha and will show up on the end of the games list when you create a new Config.

Any chance of one day being able to add our own cover art? :)
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
That would be a pretty complicated change piiwii. :/

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
I play Overwatch casually have both XIM4 and XIM APEX, IMO, Exp ramp with sync off felts better overall than CCC linear XIM4. I'm not saying those players that allegedly said XIM4 CCC linear is better are wrong, maybe they have very used to those settings (and 125Hz rr), I mean who doesn't if is your main game and played for almost 2 years.

Drop that false believe of there is a godly settings, there is not; only commitment, discipline and consistency.

I understand why devs trying to avoid two ST's it is confusing, 4 of 10 fellas that reach me asking for help to setup Fortnite were using the wrong ST.

Anyways a lot of bs and exaggeration to draw attention.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire" so maybe they know something, might worth to check out, this wasn't the correct manner to asking for support delivering strong facts and evidence will be a better way.

I get why hesitate to fulfill this request, having experience on software development and product management I can say right now: if devs deliver the alternative ST, the same people who are claiming this will not be happy and will insist that XIM4 CCC Linear 125Hz is better. There is no way to please this type of neurotic people.
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Turbo Instant-Build Script @ Titan Two Forum

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
That would be a pretty complicated change piiwii. :/

All good, never hurts to ask:)
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
To avoid confusion among customers the 4 new generic translators should mention in the pop-up that comes up when you create the config that those configs are primarily designed for games without official support. The regular text in the pop-up that links to the additional ingame settings topic is not needed there anyway :)

a short "Warning - use this config only for unsupported games" should already do it
the shorter the better, reduces the possibility of the customer skipping the message
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Online Kik

• View Profile
Thanks Obsiv and Mist ! Looking forward to try the generic alpha for overwatch as soon as possible 😉

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Hey Od1n, agreed. For now due to lead times to update the app, we will put notes into http://xim.tech/settings and link the translators in the app to there.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
Hey Od1n, agreed. For now due to lead times to update the app, we will put notes into http://xim.tech/settings and link the translators in the app to there.

i am not impossible to please, and i like to admit when I am wrong.  make this translator and prove me wrong. i really really really would like that. I, and many others, have tried asking you nicely, and you ignore us over and over and over. Notice how there is no one here saying "Bro I use the Xim apex and its an obvious upgrade. youre just bad"

Its all, "This guy is right, hes just an @#$%" or "Go back to your xim4 like i did and shut up"

as developers, does that not even bother you? Does it not bother you that almost every single post here is in my defense, despite the fact that i raged like a bafoon???

You guys had no problem selling us a device and telling everyone over HUNDREDS of posts that Apex is an easy, obvious upgrade for overwatch. There are posts specifically asking, "Is it worth to get the Apex for overwatch when you have a xim4", and you say Yes.

That clearly is NOT the case. And you don't want to address KUS_Swat, still, who obviously has a personal/close relationship with someone on your staff. Shame on him for lying about his configurations to the general public, and if you guys honestly knew hew was lying, shame on you guys too.... All I want is for everyone who has a xim apex to have a chance to utilize it to its fullest advantage.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
I play Overwatch casually have both XIM4 and XIM APEX, IMO, Exp ramp with sync off felts better overall than CCC linear XIM4. I'm not saying those players that allegedly said XIM4 CCC linear is better are wrong, maybe they have very used to those settings (and 125Hz rr), I mean who doesn't if is your main game and played for almost 2 years.

Drop that false believe of there is a godly settings, there is not; only commitment, discipline and consistency.

I understand why devs trying to avoid two ST's it is confusing, 4 of 10 fellas that reach me asking for help to setup Fortnite were using the wrong ST.

Anyways a lot of bs and exaggeration to draw attention.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire" so maybe they know something, might worth to check out, this wasn't the correct manner to asking for support delivering strong facts and evidence will be a better way.

I get why hesitate to fulfill this request, having experience on software development and product management I can say right now: if devs deliver the alternative ST, the same people who are claiming this will not be happy and will insist that XIM4 CCC Linear 125Hz is better. There is no way to please this type of neurotic people.

"I play overwatch casually"

"I don't really play overwatch"

"I never got into overwatch"

things i hear over and over and over from the MVPs and the Mods.   A lot of us do, so if you have the majority of the people deciding that one thing is clearly better than the other... and then if the public starts deriving statistics from their gameplay, and have empirical evidence to show that the CCC gave them positive gains, then I think we are allowed to voice our opinion.

I've never met anyone on this forum go, "I'm a GM in overwatch, heres my PSN, this is my settings"   Its always posts from people who claim to be GM. Maybe 1 out of 1000 settings posts are people who are master or higher and can prove it

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
And you don't want to address KUS_Swat

Whats the problem with KUS_SWAT?
hes a friend of me with which i sometimes play Overwatch or or other games, if he does or does not hide is xim settings then how exactly is that problem?
Why am i not allowed to host is videos on the XIMGameplay channel, a youtube channel that focuses on showing xim gameplay from different ximmers?
That doesnt make sense to me.

Notice how there is no one here saying "Bro I use the Xim apex and its an obvious upgrade."

weird, i could swear RML said exactly that, who happenes to be one of our most experienced config tweaker...
but luckily you like to admit when you are wrong

While we are at it, you might want to look up the creator of the linear CCC fix named A Big Ol Bully
its a 30 paged topic with the final verdict that CCC is inferior to exponential ramp, a lot of GMs and top500 people chimed in there
« Last Edit: 02:17 AM - 07/12/18 by Od1n »
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Ok, let's just boil this back to the core issue - is it possible to offer generic profiles like the Xim4 CCC?

That's really all this is about. I vaguely recall some prior discussion but nothing came of it.

A bit of a tangent, but I've always wished there was a way to create a generic one with custom art, for games that aren't supported by XIM.
It is a separate tangent, but I've always wanted this too. Maybe start a separate thread to discuss?
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
And you don't want to address KUS_Swat

Whats the problem with KUS_SWAT?
hes a friend of me with which i sometimes play Overwatch or or other games, if he does or does not hide is xim settings then how exactly is that problem?
Why am i not allowed to host is videos on the XIMGameplay channel, a youtube channel that focuses on showing xim gameplay from different ximmers?
That doesnt make sense to me.

Notice how there is no one here saying "Bro I use the Xim apex and its an obvious upgrade."

weird, i could swear RML said exactly that, who happenes to be one of our most experienced config tweaker...
but luckily you like to admit when you are wrong

While we are at it, you might want to look up the creator of the linear CCC fix named A Big Ol Bully
its a 30 paged topic with the final verdict that CCC is inferior to exponential ramp, a lot of GMs and top500 people chimed in there

Your friend is a Xim youtube Streamer, who is friends with you, someone who works for Xim. You dont think its morally irresponsible for him to be giving out false settings with the sole purpose of tricking people??? And you guys are promoting his channel? What message are you trying to send? If hes your close friend, why cant he give us his real settings????? He is playing at a high level. You keep saying that Sync Common is the way to go, but the videos hes making hes using Sync Off.   Do you get the obvious disconnects?

And yes i read all of those posts, and there are a good number of xim4 users that use exponential ramp, that have never opened their manager since the day they set it up, and just kept the same settings forever. Why would they want to change if they got used to it? They just got used to something inefficient. And again, I dont necessarily trust the source, seeing as you are such great friends with Kus Swat.

I was in a match a few weeks back that's average was 4400 SR. I dont like to admit to accoutn sharing, but my friend didnt want to decay. I spoke to many, many people who I could tell were obviously ximming, and they were all Xim4 users. Please scroll up and read all the comments from other people.. Im not alone in having this experience

I dont need to ask these supposed top 500 users or GM wannabees. I followed that thread you were talking about, and maybe 2-3 people who were posting actually had legitimate top 500 PSN id's associated with their forum account

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
again though, another case of "the million of u are wrong and i am right"

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Your friend is a Xim youtube Streamer, who is friends with you, someone who works for Xim. You dont think its morally irresponsible for him to be giving out false settings with the sole purpose of tricking people??? And you guys are promoting his channel? What message are you trying to send? If hes your close friend, why cant he give us his real settings????? He is playing at a high level.

Does that mean Trump should take responsibility for a friend who was infolved in tax evasion and made inaccurate statements on his taxes?
i guess not
i fail to see why SWATs config is matter here, on top of that he actually uploaded his correct config (at that time!) but you do not want to believe that
i do not know what his current settings are as i havent played Overwatch with him for quite a while, but he lately created a forum account so just send him a pm if you want is up to date settings :)

You keep saying that Sync Common is the way to go, but the videos hes making hes using Sync Off.   Do you get the obvious disconnects?

but my Overwatch tutorial is a sync off config
in most other games yes, sync common is the way to go (eg Overwatch and Fortnite are two exceptions)