XIM Community

I hate my Xim Apex for Overwatch, and I don't like the moderators anymore.  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Oscob

• View Profile

Toxic forums? What planet are you on? I don't play Overwatch, but my daughter does and she is a top-500 player (using Exponential, by the way). I don't play CoD or BF either -- does that make me unqualified to build XIM?

As a long time pc gamer, I can say what you guys did with bf1 is the real deal.  Never thought Iíd be snapping on heads in a console game ever.  Pubg feels a lot better since the last game update as well.

Iíve been lurking the forums recently as I sit on the fence deciding on overwatch though.  Not seeing a lot of positive feedback.

Offline Kik

• View Profile
Obsiv we are not saying it is not working right now. Of course you can perform well BUT xim 4 users have a better settings in linear due to the ccc (ballistic, boost, steady aim,...) which allow them a better accuracy. It is a combination of factors that make it broken... this is all we are saying and we just want to give it a try with apex. What do you risk to create a new ccc adapt for overwatch, same as the xim 4 for apex? Up to the people to choose whatever they like at the end and I donít think people are going to be confused.

To be honest look at how many posts of people asking for it and how many xim 4 were saying it was completely crazy.

Thanks.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Kik, Boost doesn't exist anymore and neither does Steady Aim. The current ST for Overwatch produces a linear response with best micro-aim. What we are seeing here is people wanting to keep AA on but manipulating the translator (ballistics, boost, steady aim) to make it non-linear to the point where it works well enough for them to avoid shutting AA off. This is why I'm skeptical of adding an additional Overwatch "Linear" ST since I don't believe that will be enough.

Awhile ago I asked mist to build several "Generic" STs with various configurations that roughly matched trends of aiming systems out there. He came up with around 5 of them (one of them was the CCC ST). But I didn't release them because of, again, confusing new users. I'm leaning on releasing them and only showing them if you have Expert enabled. But, since Boost doesn't exist, you will need to use the first position of the curve to skip over the deadzone. This is advanced, but, I assume the crowd that is interested in this will understand how to use it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Kik

• View Profile
Yes Obsiv, I agree about everything you are saying and I know boost and steady aim doesnít exist anymore and I understand very well why you are skeptical. (Because of not being able to offer those options by choice thinking it is better which is probably true according to your running test on the apex)
At the end we must find a way to be as efficient as xim 4 users (on overwatch) with a better product offer by the apex (I fully think it is better)

If you can release them on expert enabled it might be a good start and we could all give it a try. Perhaps it is going to be the solution and the community at least will be thankful for you trying something :)

Thanks.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
Ever since H1Z1 came out on console I've been asking for a blank config, that isn't specific for any game, that has a linear ST for me to adjust as needed. The game had a linear look mechanic, and many times I asked which config is perfectly linear so that I could just adjust the deadzone and work. I was let down.

You guys add configs all the time. You log data from the game and create the config with that data. You don't even need to train or log data for this, just make the config perfectly linear and let the community use it to create settings that work the best.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline Kik

• View Profile
Yes it might also be a good idea MRog40

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
If you can release them on expert enabled it might be a good start and we could all give it a try. Perhaps it is going to be the solution and the community at least will be thankful for you trying something :)

Thanks Kik. Mist and I are discussing the idea of releasing these "Generic" STs along with planned release of H1Z1 this week.

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
Is there any possibility to use off sync without smoothing ? Because common sync isnít the best for overwatch ! Iím using Benq 60hz 24 inch gaming monitor and common is really bad for overwatch, off is the best but smoothing required due to jitter :(

Online Vezaeer

• View Profile
Dear moderators,

Just played a widow game for fun. The game was almost full of xim users. I sent a message to the one who finished first with a crazy score (40-3 while I was struggling at 25 as a widow main) to ask him his xim apex settings.
I will simply quote his answers : "apex sucks" "im back to xim4 sorry"
You guys are not crazy, the xim apex is not working as well as the xim 4 for overwatch and the fact that so many people are saying they got back to the xim 4 totally discourages me.
I am not a rookie, almost GM either with controller or xim, but I know the xim 4 users will always have a HUGE advantage over me even if I work tons of hours on my aim.
I know you guys are working to fix this problem, just wanted to make sure you properly realize what's going on.

Thanks for reading, can't wait to play on the new ST :')
« Last Edit: 04:51 PM - 07/11/18 by Vezaeer »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Of course, answer like that isn't helpful. What would have been great if they told you their XIM4 settings.

We will be testing out our first "Generic" translator today (which is just the CCC translator). The first position on the curve controls the deadzone (which people used Boost for before). In theory, if this works, you'll be better off with a XIM APEX over a XIM4 since it's curves are much higher resolution.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
You guys are half tempting me to buy this POS game just to create a config on APEX that proves it is the superior product. XIM4 simply sounds like a comfort zone to me. If Aim Assist is your biggest problem then there's no way XIM4 trumps APEX. APEX is a god send when it comes to manipulating AA. A good start would be to turn sync off though. Any game with heavy AA does not need sync unless you want even heavier AA.

BTW - My daughter loves this game too and is a top 100 player (using a controller). I hate the game almost as much as Fortnite... but, I'm feeling tempted here because this thread is straight up BS!!

The one silver lining is... I am glad to see the generics getting another chance (wonder where that idea came from?  :P). However, I'm stoked for that due to unsupported games such as Witcher, etc. Not supported games made by dip @#$% with misdirected priorities.

You guys need to put the Studebaker back in the garage and learn how to tune up your Ferrari! 
« Last Edit: 05:38 PM - 07/11/18 by RML »
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Of course, answer like that isn't helpful. What would have been great if they told you their XIM4 settings.

We will be testing out our first "Generic" translator today (which is just the CCC translator). The first position on the curve controls the deadzone (which people used Boost for before). In theory, if this works, you'll be better off with a XIM APEX over a XIM4 since it's curves are much higher resolution.

That's great to hear.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Online Vezaeer

• View Profile
Are you sure you don't like the moderators anymore ?  8)
Nice to see a company that cares about the customers feedback.
And OBsIV, of course I really enjoy the high frequency and velocity of the APEX, just need this small adjustment and I think it will be perfect !
Thank you guys!

Offline PookieLove

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PookLove
I always liked the idea of a blank config. Maybe some options like the Xim2? Like offering different deadzone sizes/shapes, and a deadzone finder.

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----

Plz the off sync on the apex is so great, itís much better than the xim4 when playing at 1000hz for overwatch, i tried the apex since the first firmware whichís 20171010 where thereís only ďoffĒ sync to use, the only issue here is people are using  common for overwatch just because itís recommended but itís not the best ! Off is always the best, people now complaining about the sticky aim assist, this isnít exsist when playing at 1000hz and ďoffĒ sync, as  off sync player, i hope i can use off sync with low sensitivity values and no smoothing at all.