XIM Community

What dpi is best for the xim?? Honestly  (Read 362 times)

Offline Neotralize

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NEOTRALIZE
What dpi is best for the xim?? Honestly
« on: 02:21 PM - 07/10/18 »
Yes I know it's all preference, but there's always the right way to do things. I know some experienced users use 3200-4k on cloth, and others 12k on hard pad.

I been using 3k for a while now and I noticed it's harder to make smaller adjustments. Going to change my dpi In 2 days for the next season of fortnite. Might go up to 4k. I'm on a cloth mat.

Scientifically what is best for the xim??

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
Re: What dpi is best for the xim?? Honestly
« Reply #1 on: 03:11 PM - 07/10/18 »
Objectively speaking, any mice sensor on the market nowadays will performe worse as you increase DPI. People can tell you "oh but 3366 is the same at any DPI", no it isnīt. If you increase DPI you are using more strain on the sensor. The chance of imperfections increase a lot.

Lower DPI = better consistency sensor wise. I prefer to use higher sens on the Xim itself than making my sensor lose its best qualities (adding smoothing, accel, interpolation, losing dps, etc).

Thatīs why people then need over complicated setups/configs and curves. Basically they are trying to correct their incosistent sensor behaviour.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:25 PM - 07/10/18 »
Officially: Higher dpi your mouse can get with a small delta value (XIM sensitivity) for a close PC feeling and precision (apply to all games).

Unofficially: The range of 3 - 4K used for most veteran users is mostly due influence Aim Assist behavior (doesn't apply to all games).

Choose.
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #3 on: 02:22 AM - 07/11/18 »
Yes I know it's all preference
Yes, it really is.
but there's always the right way to do things
Not when it comes to DPI there isn't.
If we were all identical people, playing the same game, using the same equipment, then we'd all use the same DPI. But we aren't. What matters is what feels right to you.
Emanuel's right, and alanmcgregor's right, even though they are saying different things. I'll tell you that 3200 is right, but we are all different people, with different set-ups in different games. Ask the questions, read the responses, understand the technicalities, debate the points of view, and then go set up with what feels right for you! ;)
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:02 AM - 07/11/18 »

i discussed this in the following tutorial, less dpi is better for the xim unless you have certain mousepad types

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65749.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:31 AM - 07/11/18 »
Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe for the 3360 a value of 2k or lower is technically best for that sensor. Above that jitter reduction kicks in adding additional processing. I think steel series managed to get that number up to 3.5k

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:15 PM - 07/11/18 »
Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe for the 3360 a value of 2k or lower is technically best for that sensor. Above that jitter reduction kicks in adding additional processing. I think steel series managed to get that number up to 3.5k

this may need a further analysis then of where the optimum is between the sensor jitter from higher dpi and the xim jitter from low dpi
the optimum may still be at around 3000 dpi if eg the xim stutter is too strong with 2000 dpi
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:47 PM - 07/11/18 »
4k dpi feels more responsive but it seems to have more aim acceleration in games with aim accel. The slight stuttering or higher cpi of 12k dpi seems to cut through aim accel. it's feels much easier to snipe and get headshots with 12k on certain games imo