XIM Community

Moving my mouse too fast (which isn't that fast) causes my movement to jitter  (Read 127 times)

Offline daviru02

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bobarun
Hi everyone.

I like to play COD WWII on the XBOX One. I set my "in game" sensitivity to 14 (the highest) and then set my XIM sensitivity to 300 or so. I'm still experimenting, but I think between 250 and 300 is a good feel for me. However, when I try to move the mouse and spin 180 degrees to quickly kill somebody behind me, it appears I'm moving the mouse too fast as my movement will be jittery. I just want to do a quick turnaround and shoot somebody, but it appears to be a limitation somewhere.

Can anyone help me get rid of this jitter?

Thanks.

Dave

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
What is your mouse DPI? 200-300 sensitivity is very high, I could see jitter occurring using this high of a sensitivity.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline daviru02

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bobarun
I'm just using a regular old Dell optical mouse on a mouse pad.
Do you know why it's doing this? I coulda put the $150 to a new GFX card for my PC instead of the XIM if I woulda known it had limitations like this.

What's the point of selling the experience of a mouse and keyboard if it still has limitations like a controller?

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hey a decent entry level mouse first. G203 is a good start.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Hi everyone.

I like to play COD WWII on the XBOX One. I set my "in game" sensitivity to 14 (the highest) and then set my XIM sensitivity to 300 or so. I'm still experimenting, but I think between 250 and 300 is a good feel for me. However, when I try to move the mouse and spin 180 degrees to quickly kill somebody behind me, it appears I'm moving the mouse too fast as my movement will be jittery. I just want to do a quick turnaround and shoot somebody, but it appears to be a limitation somewhere.

Can anyone help me get rid of this jitter?

Thanks.

Dave
Your sensitivity is too high. Set Sync to Common and reduce your sensitivity accordingly.
« Last Edit: 03:41 AM - 07/09/18 by ceebs »
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
I'm just using a regular old Dell optical mouse on a mouse pad.
You probably need to upgrade to a mouse with a gaming grade sensor. Do a 180 flick with your mouse. Any stuttering? If so you need a new mouse.

Cloth mouse pads are great for control, but don't like high DPI. What's your set at?
I coulda put the $150 to a new GFX card for my PC instead of the XIM if I woulda known it had limitations like this.

What's the point of selling the experience of a mouse and keyboard if it still has limitations like a controller?
Your expectations are too high. You are getting the experience of a mouse and keyboard on console. And the Apex is the ultimate tool for using M&KB, but you're still limited by the mechanics and software of the controller, the console and the developers.

The only way to get the precision of mouse on PC is to play with a mouse on PC. If you want to use it on your Xbox, then you need to make adjustments based on the fact that your turn speed will always be limited due to the fact that a controller's sticks only move a couple of mil whereas a mouse's movement is unlimited. The Apex is sublime, but it can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!