XIM Community

IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System  (Read 3067 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
IT IS Something OFF with Fortnite aiming System
« on: 09:22 PM - 07/04/18 »
Hello fellas.

Now with the Playground mode I was focusing on tune up my sensitivity.

While doing the "360 degree turn drill", I notice something:

If you place your mouse on a startup point A on your mouse pad (e.g. left edge), cross-hair in-game pointing to a reference point in the wall, then you move the mouse in a straight line, constant medium velocity until you do a full 360 turn, getting back to the same starting point of reference on screen.

At your mouse pad you travel from point A to point B. If you get back from point B to A (doing the turn in another direction). When you get back to the starting point of reference on screen: you are not back to the same spot (A) at the mouse pad. I'm about 2 cm off.

In another games like Battlefield 1, EA Battlefront 2015 and 2; if you do a full 360 turn and then get back, you will return to the same starting point at your mouse pad, not in Fornite BR.

I don't know if is only me or the game look mechanics, but that doesn't look like 1:1 movement.

I asking for you guys to try out.

Mouse Sensitivity: 12000 dpi / 1KHz pr
XIM Apex:  Sync  = Common / 1KHz rr
HIP Sense: 2
« Last Edit: 02:07 PM - 07/07/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Fortnite: Battle Royale - Turbo Instant-Build Script @ Titan Two Forum

Offline Leotigano

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Leotigano
Re: Is something off with latest Fortnite ST? [Ftnt-Hip-P4.4]
« Reply #1 on: 09:27 PM - 07/04/18 »
Hello fellas.

Now with the Playground mode I was focusing on tune up my sensitivity.

While doing the "360 degree turn drill", I notice something:

If you place your mouse on a startup point A on your mouse pad (e.g. left edge), cross-hair in-game pointing to a reference point in the wall, then you move the mouse in a straight line, constant medium velocity until you do a full 360 turn, getting back to the same starting point of reference on screen.

At your mouse pad you travel from point A to point B. If you get back from point B to A (doing the turn in another direction). When you get back to the starting point of reference on screen: you are not back to the same spot (A) at the mouse pad. I'm about 2 cm off.

In another games like Battlefield 1, EA Battlefront 2015 and 2; if you do a full 360 turn and then get back, you will return to the same starting point at your mouse pad, not in Fornite BR.

I don't know if is only me or the game look mechanics, but that doesn't look like 1:1 movement.

I asking for you guys to try out.

Mouse Sensitivity: 12000 dpi / 1KHz pr
XIM Apex:  Sync  = Common / 1KHz rr
HIP Sense: 2

Wow that is interesting... following up!
since I cant test right now :(

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:57 PM - 07/04/18 »
OK I try with three different mouse, G Pro, G403 and G402 same behavior.

I did exactly the same drill in the same spot on PC, and the cross-hair got back to exact the same spot every.single.time, turning to the right then back to the left, it should there is not acceleration via mouse or OS.

So yeah...

I mean, this drill on other games you get back to the same point... ish maybe some few millimeters off but that's great for a Mouse translation, but in this case is about 2 or 3 cm off, way off.

I wish I had my lego servo railing to show you with a video, but try yourself.
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:16 PM - 07/04/18 »
Yep, tried 500Hz sync common and OFF ( sens x 8 ) same, about 3 cm off.
« Last Edit: 01:27 AM - 07/05/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:35 PM - 07/04/18 »
All right... shoots fired!, if you are a fanboy skip the next line.

I tried Titan Two Mouse Translator: is off for only about 5mm to 8mm... vs 30mm in XIM Apex, Titan Two mouse translators are working better than XIM Apex.

So yeah... there something definitely off on the ST.

UPDATE:
Tried Fortnite Native Mouse and Keyboard, is the best of the three LOL, is about 3 or 6 mm off.

UPDATE 2:
Yeah, native M&KB is actually pretty darn close to PC.
« Last Edit: 01:27 AM - 07/05/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
Cant we just get a retrain in playgroung I test this to yea its off

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
I just tried this on 1.3 as I still have it and its closer than .4

Offline Die_Hard

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aalsarram
Thatís why our aim is weird in this game  :)

Offline Euperios

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Euperios
« Reply #8 on: 04:54 AM - 07/05/18 »
All right... shoots fired!, if you are a fanboy skip the next line.

I tried Titan Two Mouse Translator: is off for only about 5mm to 8mm... vs 30mm in XIM Apex, Titan Two mouse translators are working better than XIM Apex.

So yeah... there something definitely off on the ST.

UPDATE:
Tried Fortnite Native Mouse and Keyboard, is the best of the three LOL, is about 3 or 6 mm off.

UPDATE 2:
Yeah, native M&KB is actually pretty darn close to PC.

When using native mouse and keyboard do we have the same key binds as people have on pc? like pressing one button for walls and then just left clicking mouse? Or is the setting similar to ps4 controller layout

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
Hopefully Mist can shed some light on this. 3 cm is way off and will most certainly ruin muscle memory.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
My kd has gone from 3-5 with the new 1.4 trainer but when messing around in playground I can deff feel a lot wrong with the trainer currently

Offline elementcs13

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ScreeeeeeeaM
Yeah, I was messing with my sensitivity in playground and noticed that it felt very weird. Movement were just strange.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I can't remember if Fortnite has time-based acceleration (which would explain it), but, how slow are you moving your mouse? Are you making sure you are nowhere near hitting maximum turn speed during these tests?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:01 AM - 07/05/18 »
When using native mouse and keyboard do we have the same key binds as people have on pc? like pressing one button for walls and then just left clicking mouse? Or is the setting similar to ps4 controller layout
Yes, all the key binds as PC. Keys for build pieces and direct slot selection. No Aim Assist of course, which is a blessing for me. Another thing: Snipers and scope weapons deadzone are dead-on.
XIM APEX

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:17 AM - 07/05/18 »
Yes, all the key binds as PC. Keys for build pieces and direct slot selection. No Aim Assist of course, which is a blessing for me. Another thing: Snipers and scope weapons deadzone are dead-on.
you still gets aim assist but it so low that you can't tell