XIM Community

Overwatch is Screwed atm  (Read 1701 times)

Offline oLAcidEyz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ol acid eyz
Re: Overwatch is Screwed atm
« Reply #30 on: 07:12 PM - 07/11/18 »
Power cycling does nothing...This is very frustrating.

Because it's an Overwatch problem. As in the developers need to do something about it. That is the only thing that will solve the issue. If you are frustrated by it, post on the console overwatch subreddit or the official Blizzard forums and share your frustration. Otherwise nothing will be done to fix it.
I know i did yesterday
Hasnt had much attention.. feels bad

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:49 PM - 07/11/18 »
Blizzard usually doesnt respond to console bugs, but they are very quick in addressing them via patches
therefore every post matters to raise the awareness :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:38 PM - 07/11/18 »
Hey folks, if you're experiencing 'floaty' aim and other issues, i'd like to invite you to use the Off sync. I personally don't get floaty aim on the off sync, except for occasional aim assist bug but, a game restart usually fixes that temporarily.

I'd highly recommend atleast trying out Off. I'm honestly kinda chillin right now on it.
1000Hz (both)
Off Sync
0 Smoothing
1.00 X/Y Ratio (Default)
No Curve

Side note: If you cant play with jitter, you could use smoothing but keep in mind that adds a slight delay and a decrease in aiming consistency. :)

I agree that was my setup.

1000Hz, Sync Off, no curve. I do use 2 smoothing doesn't hurt.

I use a laser sensor that has a peculiar behavior: if accelerate too quickly the mouse slows down, it seems like an anti-acceleration trait to compensate for any hardware acceleration of the laser sensor. Due the quirky aim look of OW seems to work pretty well.
XIM APEX
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline gruszkad

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07:26 AM - 07/12/18 »
Yeah, it is 100% a result of this last patch. I got the XIM APEX about 1.5 seasons ago and it was working beautifully, not a single problem until this last patch around the beginning of July. I have been doing rigorous testing to figure out what causes it and it seems to be when frame rates drop, closely packed levels or something. It is an intermittent problem. But yeah the aim gets all erratic and floaty, it doesn't map correctly. I could attempt to take a video and send to you guys.

I even bought another mouse, tried each polling rate, various DPIs, AA on, AA fully off, sync on, sync off, hard reset of Xbox. I have been testing continuously the past week, no luck. It still happens randomly, some times worse than others.

Let me know or feel free to privately reach out to me if you are a moderator, would love to help you guys understand this issue because it without a doubt makes the APEX unusable with Overwatch.

Offline gruszkad

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:34 PM - 07/14/18 »
Bumping this thread in hopes that a moderator will care.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:36 PM - 07/14/18 »
Bumping this thread in hopes that a moderator will care.

Will care about what? It's an Overwatch problem and has nothing to do with the XIM.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline gruszkad

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:38 PM - 07/14/18 »
I tried the exact settings that Alan posted above as well, no luck. I also tried a number of variations. My next test will be the new generic linear curves that they spoke about in other threads. I'm not sure that is a solution to this problem because it is definitely something new as I stated Apex was working fine for the past 2 seasons. Maybe it will work temporarily until Blizz releases a new patch? Or until XIM makes a fix.

Offline gruszkad

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02:39 PM - 07/14/18 »
Will care about what? It's an Overwatch problem and has nothing to do with the XIM.

Do you have proof of this? I'm not getting much acknowledgement that this is the case, I'm making that assumption as the Apex had been working fine but no one seems to have any proof that Blizzard changed something. In other posts the moderators claimed the look mechanic hasn't changed so nothing is wrong.

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
« Reply #38 on: 02:51 PM - 07/14/18 »

Do you have proof of this? I'm not getting much acknowledgement that this is the case, I'm making that assumption as the Apex had been working fine but no one seems to have any proof that Blizzard changed something. In other posts the moderators claimed the look mechanic hasn't changed so nothing is wrong.

This is entirely Blizzards fault not Ximís. My Apex was working perfectly before the Sym rework hit live and now my mouse becomes uncontrollably jerky at random points.

It happens only when the frames drop, which, Sym oddly enough spawns and enormous barrier that goes to the skybox and covers half the map, donít you think thatís going to cause some issues?

Wait until Hammond gets released, if itís not patched then you can go ask Blizzard about it, controller users are having similar problems as well so it isnít just Xims having issues.
| Logitech G502 | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 3200 DPI |

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03:11 PM - 07/14/18 »

Consider expanding your search to other websites such as the console overwatch subreddit or the official Blizzard forums. If you tried that you would realize controller users are experiencing the same issues that XIM users are.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline hallda12

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06:32 AM - 07/15/18 »
Seems to be working fine for me. Played about 10 racked games last night and all fine. I did however get problems about a month back where the aim was all over the place.

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06:35 PM - 07/15/18 »
It's not fine, they lowered the max turn speed limit. Even my controller user friend noticed it.
« Last Edit: 12:11 AM - 07/16/18 by MercyOneTrick »
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition

Offline Benjamin720

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:17 PM - 07/15/18 »
I haven't noticed a reduce in turn. Nor the aim floating issue. Playing with 12k 6 sense Default.

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:01 AM - 07/16/18 »
Yeah thatís because youíre a low sens player, you wouldnít notice it because youíre already used to slower turn speed. I doubt you ever even hit max turn speed anyway with a sens of 6. If you had been playing on a higher sens (20) like I have been all along then youíd definitely notice it. Blizzard lowered the max turn speed limit on PS4 and Xbox to try and sabotage mouse & keyboarders on console
« Last Edit: 12:10 AM - 07/16/18 by MercyOneTrick »
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition

Offline hallda12

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01:27 AM - 07/16/18 »
Yeah thatís because youíre a low sens player, you wouldnít notice it because youíre already used to slower turn speed. I doubt you ever even hit max turn speed anyway with a sens of 6. If you had been playing on a higher sens (20) like I have been all along then youíd definitely notice it. Blizzard lowered the max turn speed limit on PS4 and Xbox to try and sabotage mouse & keyboarders on console

Cant say ive noticed a slow turn speed. Even on heroes that don't require aim so i jack the speed up. I was however getting an issue about a month ago where the aim just wouldn't stay in one place. Like someone else was taking over my mouse. I had that for about a week so stopped playing for a month and now seems to be back to normal.

I cant really see how reducing the turn speed sabotages Xim because getting the best out of the aim assist requires a medium sens anyway. As long as you can still do a 180 turn without having to swipe your arm into the next room i dont see any point in going higher.