XIM Community

Overwatch is Screwed atm  (Read 1558 times)

Offline in_and_out

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: assaissn
Re: Overwatch is Screwed atm
« Reply #15 on: 03:47 PM - 07/08/18 »
Hey folks, if you're experiencing 'floaty' aim and other issues, i'd like to invite you to use the Off sync. I personally don't get floaty aim on the off sync, except for occasional aim assist bug but, a game restart usually fixes that temporarily.

I'd highly recommend atleast trying out Off. I'm honestly kinda chillin right now on it.
1000Hz (both)
Off Sync
0 Smoothing
0 X/Y Ratio
No Curve

Side note: If you cant play with jitter, you could use smoothing but keep in mind that adds a slight delay and a decrease in aiming consistency. :)

0 x/y ratio ? never seen that before but will give it a try and see how i go.

Offline A62341223456678312

• A ghost emits the combat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:51 PM - 07/08/18 »
Hey folks, if you're experiencing 'floaty' aim and other issues, i'd like to invite you to use the Off sync. I personally don't get floaty aim on the off sync, except for occasional aim assist bug but, a game restart usually fixes that temporarily.

I'd highly recommend atleast trying out Off. I'm honestly kinda chillin right now on it.
1000Hz (both)
Off Sync
0 Smoothing
0 X/Y Ratio
No Curve

Side note: If you cant play with jitter, you could use smoothing but keep in mind that adds a slight delay and a decrease in aiming consistency. :)

0 x/y ratio ? never seen that before but will give it a try and see how i go.

Ahh, I meant default. Apologies. I guess it would be 1.00

Disregard.
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #17 on: 10:02 PM - 07/09/18 »

1000Hz (both)
Off Sync
0 Smoothing
1.00 X/Y Ratio (Default)
No Curve

Thank you for recommending sync off! It feels so much better!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:54 AM - 07/10/18 »

1000Hz (both)
Off Sync
0 Smoothing
1.00 X/Y Ratio (Default)
No Curve

Thank you for recommending sync off! It feels so much better!

I'm glad you are experiencing success with it on Off, I feel like its way more responsive. Common is way too floaty in my opinion.
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

Offline oLAcidEyz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ol acid eyz
« Reply #19 on: 05:56 PM - 07/10/18 »
I had a pretty good day yestersay with sync off played at 1000hz 3200 dpi 7 smoothing and 90 to 105 sens AA strength 100 AAW 10 to 30 only played a few games but it did feel like i wasnt having the weird aim problem
Today tried to play Ana...felt so bad. Like worse than ever
Guess im just gonna go back to common idk really what to do...OW is the only game i really enjoy playing and this if very frustrating
Is there gonna be a new st made or are we at the mercy of blizzard to fix their game on console
Also i am on Xbox

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #20 on: 06:31 PM - 07/10/18 »
I had a pretty good day yestersay with sync off played at 1000hz 3200 dpi 7 smoothing and 90 to 105 sens AA strength 100 AAW 10 to 30 only played a few games but it did feel like i wasnt having the weird aim problem
Guess im just gonna go back to common idk really what to do...OW is the only game i really enjoy playing and this if very frustrating
Is there gonna be a new st made or are we at the mercy of blizzard to fix their game on console
Also i am on Xbox

they (the mods) dont play OW. They dont care. its so obvious

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:23 PM - 07/10/18 »
We do care about performance in all games. Overwatch support was looked at last week and there have been no changes. The current ST supports the current look mechanic. I actually see reports about things changing a lot across all of the top games and more often then not there are no look mechanic changes. There are other causes that could affect performance like weapon handling changes, aim assist changes, network performance, game performance, as well as who you're playing against and how well you're doing that day.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
« Reply #22 on: 11:30 PM - 07/10/18 »
Mist suggested doing a power cycle to the xbox in another post. Almost entirely fixed the floaty aim assist problem for me. It only happens very rarely now.
« Last Edit: 11:40 PM - 07/10/18 by matthewtas »

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:17 AM - 07/11/18 »
Mist suggested doing a power cycle to the xbox in another post. Almost entirely fixed the floaty aim assist problem for me. It only happens very rarely now.

What’s a power cycle?

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
« Reply #24 on: 12:35 AM - 07/11/18 »

What’s a power cycle?
It is where you hold the xbox button on the console until it shuts off. Then unplug the power cable cable and wait atleast 10 seconds. Then plug it back in and start it. Here is a link to the xbox support page for doing a power cycle. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:24 AM - 07/11/18 »
Also i am on Xbox

I'm sorry that happened to you, I want to inform you that as of a recent update with Ana, they added Aim Assist bubbles to friendly teamates, the culmination of both enemy and friendly aim assist bubbles fighting for your mouses cursor can cause the problem, indefinitely. I'd recommend going into your Ana control settings and changing values on enemy aim assist, i'd recommend Aim Assist Strength : 60 / Aim Assist Window: 5-10 / On top of that i'd also recommend turning down friendly aim assist, if its effecting you negatively as well. Ana is an on and off hero with XIM, especially after the friendly AA buff/nerf.

You can try Common sync but I still believe the XIM on Overwatch is more Responsive, Less floaty and less prone to the Aim problem. I don't need to power cycle to fix the aiming problem, usually its just restarting the game.

Off Sync > Common Sync

IMO

Offline Wappyslack

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05:36 AM - 07/11/18 »
If you set aim assist at 0 wouldnt that solve the aimassist bubble? Or is this a stupid question :P

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05:45 AM - 07/11/18 »
If you set aim assist at 0 wouldnt that solve the aimassist bubble? Or is this a stupid question :P

Yes, but because of the delay of using an Adapter including some performance draw-backs. Not using AA on some games would be outright impossible with some exceptions.

If XIM was 100% 1:1 i'd like to think people would turn off Aim Assist, but some people like being absolutely overpowered so when they turn off their crutch they would perform sub-par.

Offline oLAcidEyz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ol acid eyz
« Reply #28 on: 04:44 PM - 07/11/18 »
Power cycling does nothing...This is very frustrating.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05:33 PM - 07/11/18 »
Power cycling does nothing...This is very frustrating.

Because it's an Overwatch problem. As in the developers need to do something about it. That is the only thing that will solve the issue. If you are frustrated by it, post on the console overwatch subreddit or the official Blizzard forums and share your frustration. Otherwise nothing will be done to fix it.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge