XIM Community

Overwatch is Screwed atm  (Read 1700 times)

Offline A62341223456678312

• A ghost emits the combat...
    • View Profile
Overwatch is Screwed atm
« on: 05:15 AM - 07/02/18 »
Not sure whats going on, but theres some weird performance issue with Overwatch. Every person I know has experienced it, basically mouse movements are wonky and inconsistent. Its not my hardware because it just started happening after recent patch. Id like to invite some of the MVPs or Admins to try it out and see their opinion on the problem.
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

Offline Ink splitter

• View Profile
Re: Overwatch is Screwed atm
« Reply #1 on: 07:52 AM - 07/02/18 »
Yep the game is currently uncontrolable with mouse and keyboard, I suggest that you either play with a controller or play on PC.  :( Blizzard stated months ago that they wanted to do something against mouse and keyboard on console due to
the community complaining on their forums. Maybe this is what is happening right now  or this could be a mistake that might be changed in the next update. Iím not pessimist but I kind of doubt that theyíll change anything because the game seems to work the same way as before with a controller after testing one hour on quickplay. The Summer event or the Torb rework update is coming soon perhaps BZ will rectify the AA mechanic so be patient until then.  ;D

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:26 AM - 07/02/18 »
What happens, could someone share a video? I actually checked OW yesterday and the look mechanic hasn't changed since the last time support was updated.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
« Reply #3 on: 09:54 AM - 07/02/18 »
the game is good for me, the aim isn't shaky and everything is fine but it could be sync related problem, i'm using off sync with little smoothing.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:48 AM - 07/02/18 »
Yep the game is currently uncontrolable with mouse and keyboard, I suggest that you either play with a controller or play on PC.  :( Blizzard stated months ago that they wanted to do something against mouse and keyboard on console due to
the community complaining on their forums. Maybe this is what is happening right now  or this could be a mistake that might be changed in the next update. Iím not pessimist but I kind of doubt that theyíll change anything because the game seems to work the same way as before with a controller after testing one hour on quickplay. The Summer event or the Torb rework update is coming soon perhaps BZ will rectify the AA mechanic so be patient until then.  ;D

It has nothing to do with them combating people that use the XIM. Controller users are reporting the same issues.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:54 AM - 07/02/18 »
What happens, could someone share a video? I actually checked OW yesterday and the look mechanic hasn't changed since the last time support was updated.

The only way I can describe it is they made the aim assist bubbles around each enemy larger. And when two enemies are grouped together you now have a giant aim assist bubble pulling you any possible direction. There are also new performance issues introduced in the recent patch that is definitely not helping anything. I have my own theories as to why there are aiming issues now but it's all on Blizzard's end and only stuff they can optimize.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Benjamin720

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:43 PM - 07/02/18 »
Yeah, I honestly donít notice any of this stuff. I even tried to see the issue with aim assist window/hitbox by going into a custom match with 6 Ana bots and didnít notice my aim being grabbed around. It functions as if thereís one giant slowdown window, and not around individual targets.( I play on 100).

Offline eyric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:21 PM - 07/02/18 »
No problem for me. Smooth af. Love the Xim Apex! Maybe it's just your settings? Or mouse. I use 1000hz, common sync without any smoothing.

Offline jor4president

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:24 PM - 07/02/18 »
I mentioned this before. I was hoping a new ST could've been a potential solution but so such luck. There are two separate issues. One is the aim assist that now has become sticky. The controller users hate it as well as it's hard to aim for specific targets when the enemy team is bunched up. I've lowered strenght to 35 which is ok'ish... The second issue is that the turn speed has been lowered. Now you can't move your mouse as fast as before without hitting the red light of death slow turn speed.

This compounds the problem for Xim users as you try to compensate the sticky aim by moving your arm faster. As the red light starts blinking while you're swinging your arm all over the place and sticking to every bubble and swinging back again the other way it feels like your aim is going haywire. Once everyone adjusts their settings the aim assist won't be as bad. The turn speed however is hell as I've been a bit spoiled by the Apex. People that move their mouse very controlled and slowly as was needed on OW with the Xim4 probably won't have an issue.

It has nothing to do with them combating people that use the XIM. Controller users are reporting the same issues.

It does. There is no good reason to lower turn the maximum turn speed. It just one of those things that ruins it for everyone. The only thing it does however is make the PC-like feel more impossible to achieve. It won't stop people from using the Xim as an advantage as people can easily just create a fast sensitivity for movement and a slower one for abusing the sticky aim. This will probably be an even bigger advantage for Xim users as can switch between sensitivities on the fly. The losers are the people that want that pc mouse feel and the people that wanted m&k users to have less of an advantage.

I'm about to break down and cry now.

edit: thank you for checking it out mist4fun. I was hoping that my gut was wrong in this.
« Last Edit: 03:36 PM - 07/02/18 by jor4president »

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:23 PM - 07/02/18 »
I could try and capture video but its super inconsistent. Sometimes you get it every 30 minutes sometimes you get it every 5 minutes, and sometimes you just get @#$% aiming, (Floaty) which is playable but will obviously effect your performance.

I've been playing Overwatch with XIM since March and while, yes I have experienced some difficulty it was never this prominent and at this point, controllers are able to beat me haha.
CORSAIR K70 LUX RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse (12k Max DPI) | XIM APEX | Xbox One S | PC Gamer | BenQ XL2411 144hz Gaming Monitor |

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:34 PM - 07/02/18 »
No problem for me. Smooth af. Love the Xim Apex! Maybe it's just your settings? Or mouse. I use 1000hz, common sync without any smoothing.

What is your Hardware? Xbox One X? PS4 Pro? This issue could be related to system/game performance. I'm on Xbox but i've heard playstation players having the same issue. But the X and Pro could cause a more smooth experience.

Offline rueric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:48 PM - 07/03/18 »
Wanted to chime in.. I am also experiencing this issue..
Seems like an issue with the hitbox bubble.. my aim assist window has traditionally been at 30 and aim assist at 99 or 100.
Hopefully we can find a solution to this sooner than later. This issue can really negatively impact the game.

Offline Giggity

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Giggity_01
« Reply #12 on: 12:04 AM - 07/05/18 »
I too have this problem. I have 79% accuracy on widow and has been using xim apex since its release back when there was no schronization but right now im using common synchronization and has been perfect for me ever since. Im in masters because of and the new update seems odd. Ive been popping heads before the update but right now something seems wrong so I played for 3 hours straight and compared it to my older videos and seems like its the aim assist window.

Offline in_and_out

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: assaissn
« Reply #13 on: 03:01 AM - 07/08/18 »
has anyone had any news on this? since the meta is hanzo haven't played much widow lately and i though i would give her ago tonight and i don't know whats going on but everything just feels floty as hell ..

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:42 PM - 07/08/18 »
Hey folks, if you're experiencing 'floaty' aim and other issues, i'd like to invite you to use the Off sync. I personally don't get floaty aim on the off sync, except for occasional aim assist bug but, a game restart usually fixes that temporarily.

I'd highly recommend atleast trying out Off. I'm honestly kinda chillin right now on it.
1000Hz (both)
Off Sync
0 Smoothing
1.00 X/Y Ratio (Default)
No Curve

Side note: If you cant play with jitter, you could use smoothing but keep in mind that adds a slight delay and a decrease in aiming consistency. :)
« Last Edit: 03:52 PM - 07/08/18 by A62341223456678312 »