XIM Community

Q/A Xim4 - compatability (Razer)  (Read 156 times)

Offline pbrane3000

• View Profile
Q/A Xim4 - compatability (Razer)
« on: 02:07 PM - 06/29/18 »
Hi! I have a Xim 4 but never managed to get it working with my Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma (v2) and Razer Mamba Wireless Pro. Neither of these are explicitly listed on the compatible / incompatible list.

I am not looking for troubleshooting as I have tried everything listed on these forums a couple of times. My question is: has anyone managed to get either of these two items working with either Xim4 or Apex?

Appreciate any positive confirmation (and if you did, were there any tweaks u needed to make it work).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 02:31 PM - 06/29/18 by pbrane3000 »

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Q/A Xim4 - compatability (Razer)
« Reply #1 on: 04:04 PM - 06/29/18 »
Razer gear is very power-hungry, which is likely the problem. Both are compatible with Xim and the solution is typically simple.

Connect your mouse and keyboard to a powered USB hub. Connect the USB hub to Xim4. Ensure the controller remains connected direct to Xim4. Done.

If you want Chroma lighting effects, use SandhawC and a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable to connect your Xim4 to PC. Leave m/kb on PC. Refer to the Xim4 > Commander sub-forum for more info - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=83.0

Offline pbrane3000

• View Profile
Re: Q/A Xim4 - compatability (Razer)
« Reply #2 on: 11:20 PM - 06/29/18 »
Thanks for your reply.

Iíve tried a powered USB (2.0 and a 3.0) and still had trouble, which is why I was asking if anyone had got these specific items to work. Iím trying to work out if itís user error or incompatible hardware.

It sounds like if the main issue with Razer is power, and USB hub should fix that, then in theory these should work. Iíll give it another try this morning.

I really want to get this to work as holding a controller has started hurting my hands after half an hour, whereas M&K when I play PC does not. If I canít get Xim to work Iím going to have to leave my PS4 friends behind, and Iíve built that list up over more than a decade.

If I do get it working Iíll repost so the compatability list can be updated if the right person sees this.