XIM Community

Any plans to relook at pubg's ST  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Qilc

• View Profile
Re: Any plans to relook at pubg's ST
« Reply #15 on: 08:27 PM - 06/29/18 »
Its probably impractical, but maybe train it with AA set to 0 and train it again with AA set to 1. I think most people use either 0 or 1. I know a guy above said he uses AA set to 10, but I think he might be an outlier. Who knows, maybe the game doesn't need to be retrained, heh.

What I don't fully understand is the blinking red lights on the apex. If you set the in game general sentivity to 10 and you use a controller you can spin around in a circle at a ridiculous speed, but if you barely touch the mouse the lights flash. It doesn't feel like I'm approaching the turn speed limit at all, but the apex still flashes.
« Last Edit: 08:37 PM - 06/29/18 by Qilc »

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:50 PM - 06/29/18 »
Aim Accel 0 is broken though. Aim Accel 0 setting in game features slight aim accel on hip and zero aim accel on ADS. And mist can only train the ST on hip. We would end up with a inconsistent/non linear ADS config on the ST.

The Aim Accel 1 setting would be a better candidate for a proper ST. It features slight aim accel on hip and ads. So the ST would be more consistent across both hip and ADS

This is all assuming I know how the ST trainer works. And assuming that the trainer adds some kind of anti aim accel properties. But I actually have no idea how the trainer works haha
« Last Edit: 08:57 PM - 06/29/18 by BeastModeJ »

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:03 PM - 06/29/18 »
Aim Accel 0 is broken though. Aim Accel 0 setting in game features slight aim accel on hip and zero aim accel on ADS. And mist can only train the ST on hip. We would end up with a inconsistent/non linear ADS config on the ST.

Is it really like this? Maybe that's what throwing everyone off and why they keep going back and forth between 1 & 0 for aim acceleration. Why do devs make things unnecessarily complicated?
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #18 on: 02:11 AM - 06/30/18 »
The AA0 Vs AA1 argument seams a bit premature to me. How can anyone know how a new ST is going to feel at either setting when we are basing how we think it will feel on the old ST that was trained with a different look mechanic. In Mist we trust.
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #19 on: 02:15 AM - 06/30/18 »
Oh and while we're on about the PUBG look mechanic, does the deadzone bug still affect the game?,...... because maybe training the game on Deadzone zero would fix the slow ADS speed, who knows?
« Last Edit: 04:17 AM - 06/30/18 by PingThing »
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:20 AM - 06/30/18 »
I think AA off is really off now. It just has really slow capped turned speed compared to with it on. Hopefully this is a bug.

Offline Qilc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:07 PM - 06/30/18 »

Is it really like this? Maybe that's what throwing everyone off and why they keep going back and forth between 1 & 0 for aim acceleration. Why do devs make things unnecessarily complicated?

He is correct. Setting aim acceleration to 0 only affects ads. There is still acceleration when hip firing when you move the thumb stick about 50% of its max distance from center.

Offline SB27

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:32 PM - 06/30/18 »
I just gave up on ADS at CQC and leaning towards HIP and have much more success, the other problem even with AA at 1 still struggle with people in cars cz its too slow.

Offline PookieLove

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PookLove
« Reply #23 on: 01:21 AM - 07/01/18 »
If you retrain the ST is there anyway to train it using the default deadzone size? I think this would improve the response in aiming.. If the deadzone size ultimately doesn't matter then what's the harm in using the default size instead of 20? :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:01 AM - 07/01/18 »
Welcome to the community. There was a technical reason for this and I think it was because at the time of support the deadzone changed when editing game options in the menu. The 20 deadzone value matches the deadzone value before going into the menu and after. In some cases the deadzone value that is picked to support doesn't matter as the ST removes the deadzone.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:17 PM - 07/02/18 »
I had the trainer take a look at the game and the look mechanic is still the same. Aim Acceleration off vs 1 is the same as well, this only activates when the stick is pegged which doesn't affect the ST.

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05:10 PM - 07/02/18 »
Sweet. Thanks!

People were wondering if running a lower deadzone would give us more movement before aim accel kicks in while aiming. Not even sure if that’s a thing haha.

Is 20 deadzone still the best setup for the game?

Edit I guess you kinda answered it in the post above. The deadzone doesn’t really matter?
« Last Edit: 05:26 PM - 07/02/18 by BeastModeJ »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:16 AM - 07/03/18 »
In some cases it can allow for a larger look mechanic, in other cases the look mechanic size scales with the deadzone size. In terms of aiming at targets the deadzone used to support the game shouldn't matter as the ST removes the deadzone. Because PUBG support is very involved and not typical it will be updated if the look mechanic changes or if a new aim system alternative is superior to what is available now.

Offline norcal3737

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:41 PM - 07/06/18 »
The pubg ST is perfectly fine.

Ranked #18 with a LITHE decel curve, AA1.
My duo partner is top 20, avg's 7k, no curves, AA1.

The only gains to be had is if Bluehole increased the turn speed cap, as it can sometimes bite you in the butt if you try to snap turn on someone and hit the limiter.
G502, PS Nav
PUBG - Top 50 duo TPP, Top 100 duo FPP
Lithe Decel Curve

Offline hyperliite

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: The PUBG
« Reply #29 on: 04:55 PM - 07/10/18 »
Currently Ranked #1 TPP Squads. RML's curve aa1