XIM Community

Any plans to relook at pubg's ST - ETA is end of week  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Qilc

• View Profile
Pubg's ST was made early on with aim acceleration turned on. Any plans to revisit pubg with aim acceleration turned off?
« Last Edit: Today at 01:06 PM by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Any plans to relook at pubg's ST
« Reply #1 on: 12:09 PM - 06/29/18 »
The aim acceleration setting is applied when the stick is pegged, it didn't otherwise effect the look mechanic. Have there been other changes that change the way aiming feels?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:28 PM - 06/29/18 »
Yeah lots of changes since release and the st training.

The aim acceleration has changed. Aim accel slider rates were modified. .

The timing at which aim accel kicks in has changed.

Hip and ads now have different aim accel rates.

Turn speed is different now since release.

It seems like pad users stopped complaining on the forum. Seems these might be the look mechanics locked in for a while.

It would be cool to get it retrained.

I think everyone prefers aim accel setting of 1. Aim accel 0 seems too slow

Also on Aim Accel 0 there is still Aim Accel on hip, so it would be better to retrain it on Aim Accel 1 IMO.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:30 PM - 06/29/18 »
I looked at the game when the acceleration patch released and support wasn't broken. About Hip and ADS, the game is trained with Hip only due to the nature of training and the game. I'm not be able to train ADS. If ADS feels off this will need to be adjusted on the user side using a ballistics curve. I can take another look at the game and check for changes after this weekend.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:34 PM - 06/29/18 »
Sweet that would be cool if you could check it out for changes.

Some people are saying that the 10 Aim Accel setting is the new best setting with the highest turn speed now and that it might be best for everyone if itís trained on that.

Also pubg said the dead zone is bugged. It resets to 10 when you enter the map. So you have to change it to 20 and hit save every time you are in a game FYI

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:55 PM - 06/29/18 »
People's preferences will be all over the place.

I think aim accel 0 is the best. It would be nice if max speed was a little faster for hip, when looting. Other than that it is plenty fast enough for everything else.

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:14 PM - 06/29/18 »
I like Aim accel 0 but it always gets me killed. If you get in a fight with someone who’s strafing you but out of hip fire range you have to yank your whole arm off the desk trying to track them with ads. You are just getting crippled by the turn speed limit in close fights with aa0.
« Last Edit: 03:26 PM - 06/29/18 by BeastModeJ »

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:25 PM - 06/29/18 »
Hopefully ads off and super slow sensitivity speed is a bug. If the ST is retrained, I hope it is retrained with AA off even though I use AA on 1 now because of the increase in speed.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:45 PM - 06/29/18 »
Sweet that would be cool if you could check it out for changes.

Some people are saying that the 10 Aim Accel setting is the new best setting with the highest turn speed now and that it might be best for everyone if itís trained on that.

Also pubg said the dead zone is bugged. It resets to 10 when you enter the map. So you have to change it to 20 and hit save every time you are in a game FYI

Adding acceleration is a terrible idea. You will not be able to build muscle memory. Ideally, 0 acceleration is best. If 0 acceleration is getting you killed all the time then you need to change how you move across the map. Sounds like people are always getting the jump on you and the panic flick shots are saving you right now.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:39 PM - 06/29/18 »
Doesnít the st cancel out/smooth out the aim accel. Someone said rainbow 6 has lots of aa but the st smoothes it out. Idc Aa0 aa1 aa10 Iím sure the st will be fine.

Are you saying that everyone should play so that we never have to get in close quarter ads fights or need to flick shot?

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:41 PM - 06/29/18 »
I like Aim accel 0 but it always gets me killed. If you get in a fight with someone whoís strafing you but out of hip fire range you have to yank your whole arm off the desk trying to track them with ads. You are just getting crippled by the turn speed limit in close fights with aa0.
Like I said people's play styles and preferences will be all over the place.

I'm a wrist aimer, I personally don't run into this situation very often at all. I never really have trouble with players 'outstrafing' my aim.

I did try aim accel 1 a few weeks back and it is definitely better when you are running through houses spinning around all the time looting. But I would over/under aim when tracking players running across the screen. I find aim accel 0 wayy more consistent.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:57 PM - 06/29/18 »
Doesnít the st cancel out/smooth out the aim accel. Someone said rainbow 6 has lots of aa but the st smoothes it out. Idc Aa0 aa1 aa10 Iím sure the st will be fine.

Are you saying that everyone should play so that we never have to get in close quarter ads fights or need to flick shot?

I wish a XIM could change the look speed mechanic or acceleration in game but it can't. That stuff is hard coded into the game. There are ways to kinda combat it but it takes more tweaking, and it messes with your muscle memory.

AA in PUBG is rather strong. Use a curve, change the polling rate, or DPI of your mouse to combat this.

You mentioned R6S as well. That game has no aim assist in PVP. Even with the option in the "on" position you DO NOT have aim assist in multiplayer. It only works in T-Hunt. Therefore you don't need a curve. Unless you want acceleration.

I never said don't ever get into close quarters fights. I said try to change the way you move across the map so you can deal with the slow turn speed a little.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:32 PM - 06/29/18 »
Retrain it at 1 AA. 0 AA is unplayable right now, it's so slow you won't shoot anyone out of a moving car and good luck with close quarters
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:46 PM - 06/29/18 »
Retrain at 0. 0 is plenty useable, consistent and linear.  :D

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:01 PM - 06/29/18 »
Retrain at 0. 0 is plenty useable, consistent and linear.  :D

I agree. A curve can help the guy above you.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X