XIM Community

Console Controller Crossover Curve adjust?  (Read 445 times)

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
Console Controller Crossover Curve adjust?
« on: 11:19 PM - 06/22/18 »
Is there any news on when the Console Controller Crossover profile will get the update to how it was on the XIM4? You used to be able to adjust a curve on it and adjust sensitivities etc like any other profile, but on the APEX is extremely limited in options.

I used it with an adjusted curve for overwatch on the XIM4 and it worked for me much better than expo. I would like to use it with the apex but can not with the limitations in options.

Thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Console Controller Crossover Curve adjust?
« Reply #1 on: 09:59 AM - 06/23/18 »
Console crossover on XIM4 (like XIM APEX) never let you adjust curves or sensitivities on the controller. Those setting applied to mice only (if you happen to have one plugged in).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:34 PM - 06/23/18 »
Console crossover on XIM4 (like XIM APEX) never let you adjust curves or sensitivities on the controller. Those setting applied to mice only (if you happen to have one plugged in).

Yeah, i had my XIM4 set up like normal with the mouse, keyboard and controller all plugged in. Used console crossover to create a slightly adjusted linear curve to bypass the deadzone issue with linear ramp in overwatch. Me and a bunch of other people were using it. It was a very popular config to use. Is there any way we can get that again on the XIM APEX?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 06:28 PM - 06/23/18 »
Oh I see. You can't accomplish that with the existing Overwatch translator an a ballistic curve?

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:51 PM - 06/23/18 »
Oh I see. You can't accomplish that with the existing Overwatch translator an a ballistic curve?

Unfortunately, no. Overwatch has different aim mechanic schemes that you can choose in game: exponential, linear, and dual zone. The Overwatch translator is derived from specifically the exponential aim mechanic scheme in overwatch, it wont work with either dual zone or linear. The linear setting in overwatch only worked with the console controller crossover profile because it was just a linear curve so they matched perfectly (with a tiny adjustment to the curve to bypass the dead zone). I really wish there was a way for you guys to have the console controller curve profile on the APEX the same was it was on the XIM4 (fully customize-able), that way we could play with the linear setting in overwatch. It felt much cleaner, more responsive, and more direct compared to the overwatch profile with expo. I know many others agreed with me.

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
« Reply #5 on: 12:37 AM - 06/24/18 »
I would love to see this return, I never owned a Xim4 but seeing how many people liked using the setup, I really want to give it a try.

It also would be great for games that donít have an ST yet, so we could sort of make custom STís for each game with curves.
| Logitech G502 | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 3200 DPI |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:13 AM - 06/24/18 »
Are you sure Overwatch's Linear option is truly Linear?

Also, please remind me again why people like to use Linear for Overwatch since XIM's translator converts Overwatch's default Exponential to linear with a smaller deadzone?

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:55 PM - 06/24/18 »
Are you sure Overwatch's Linear option is truly Linear?

Also, please remind me again why people like to use Linear for Overwatch since XIM's translator converts Overwatch's default Exponential to linear with a smaller deadzone?

100% linear. Just has a little deadzone issue when converting to XIM. I understand what youre saying, and theoretically they should feel the same, but many people among myself felt that the linear with console controller crossover felt much better and truer to 1:1 than expo with overwatch config. My guess is that overwatch's expo setting is so funky that although XIM converts it to "linear", its a sloppy feeling linear when compared to true linear. I wouldnt be going through the hassle of trying to get the console controller crossover back unless it truly made a difference before, which it did.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 06:28 PM - 06/24/18 »
There was a reason we went with exponential over linear. Exponential was chosen because it had some properties that were better than the game's aiming system with linear. I'd like mist4fun to remind me what that was.

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:30 PM - 06/24/18 »
There was a reason we went with exponential over linear. Exponential was chosen because it had some properties that were better than the game's aiming system with linear. I'd like mist4fun to remind me what that was.

expo was out way before linear. Linear was the last to come out, so the original overwatch profile on the XIM was derived from expo, which is probably why it was kept that way.

Linear in overwatch is literally a linear line with a slight deadzone issue, where expo is steps of varying sensitivities that all had to be converted to a linear curve for the XIM. Therefore, I disagree that the crazy expo aim scheme that overwatch provided would feel closer to linear after it was interpolated as such for the XIM compared to just a linear line from the beginning. Maybe there is more to it, but i know that plenty of people had the linear aim scheme working properly with linear console crossover and agreed that it felt more linear and 1:1 than the expo overwatch profile. I wish at the very least we could get the console crossover working like it did on the XIM4 so linear would still be an option on overwatch.

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:02 PM - 07/10/18 »
Any answer?

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:34 PM - 07/10/18 »
Funny I think no? ☺️

I'm sure there are good reasons for these being removed but these are questions for Obsiv.

So now can we have a professional answer and not playing ping pong?

Thanks!

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:07 PM - 07/10/18 »
To be totally honest I didn't buy the apex to get rekt by the xim 4 users who can have this config. They are using a curve in the console controller crossover, currently not possible on the apex. The loss of accuracy is about 5 to 10%. Can you do something about it ? Maybe just an easy manager update since it was already available on the xim 4 ?

Offline Da_Devil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:14 AM - 07/11/18 »
Piggly and others that used CCC on xim4 with linear for overwatch, what curve did you guys use on ps4 with xim4?

If you can link me to the curve I can try it on the xim4 and compare it to my apex to see any differences, thanks for your time

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #14 on: 01:26 AM - 07/11/18 »

its the fact that expo never felt good to begin with. it has nothing to do with turn speeds, the ST used with expo does not mesh well with the AA in overwatch at all.  furthermore expo does NOT provide linear 1:1 movements, or at least it does not feel like PC, when attempting flicks or quick moving shots.

It was 1000000% easier to play widowmaker with linear. Everytime now I play another xim user who stomps me, they tell me they are using x4 with CCC.  So I'm getting stomped by people for upgrading my technology