XIM Community

Xim apex overwatch best settings / Moderators thanks for helping  (Read 2452 times)

Online Vezaeer

• View Profile
Would be nice to see an update of the apex manager, at least for creating curve in the CCC. At the moment the xim 4 is better for Overwatch whereas the xim apex is allegedly "the best mkb system of the market"
It's right though just need an update for Overwatch

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Overwatch support was checked last week and there have been no look mechanic changes.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online Kik

• View Profile
Mist stop avoiding the question... we are asking to get the possibility of having a console crossover ST giving us the possibility to include curves and boost for instance which is not the case now... why you couldnít do this?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I don't have an answer about removed settings, this is a question for Obsiv. I can look into adding support for linear ramp.

Online Kik

• View Profile
Mist I am not sure to understand. I am not asking to remove anything.
I will try to explain.
When you are in the xim manager and you want to set up everything for a new game then you have to select your game. What I am asking is not to select overwatch game but instead the console controler crossover ST. Then you will see thatís not possible as before in the xim 4 to add curve, boost and so on.

The point is that if you canít do it then you canít put your game in linear without having bad performances.

Vezaeer post ďreply #29Ē is very clear so please have a look.

Thanks.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Vezaeer had asked about why boost, ballistics on CCC, and steady aim were removed. I thought this was the same question, sorry. I don't have answers to these questions.

To answer your question, if CCC configs allowed for curve adjustments there is still no way of changing the deadzone of the config because boost is not available.

I think the end goal is to use linear in Overwatch correct? I can look into adding support for this, I'll talk with Obsiv in the morning.

Online Kik

• View Profile
Thanks Mist and yes. At least thatís a good first step if we can access linear without troubles and hope the fact not having exactly the same options through the ccc (compare to the new ST system) such as boost, ďballisticĒ and steady aim wonít be an issue because it was all a setup allowing good performances on linear. (On overwatch)

Really thanks Mist for making this effort and trying to trust the point of view of the community.
Hope we can access it fast because I think I can say we are all looking forward ☺️

Online Kik

• View Profile
Hello Mist,

How was the discussion with Obsiv this morning? Can you give a try to linear? Or perhaps just adjust the ccc to offer more possibilities such as ballistic curves?

Just let us know the feedback and what can be done.

Thanks !

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
Hello Mist,

How was the discussion with Obsiv this morning? Can you give a try to linear? Or perhaps just adjust the ccc to offer more possibilities such as ballistic curves?

Just let us know the feedback and what can be done.

Thanks !

Notice how they ignored ur question all night but defended themselves on my post calling themselves top 100 and stuff like that lol. They will defend their settings to the day that they die. I tried asking and requesting the same way you did before and it took me no where. 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Notice how they ignored ur question all night but defended themselves on my post calling themselves top 100 and stuff like that lol. They will defend their settings to the day that they die. I tried asking and requesting the same way you did before and it took me no where. 

stop your subliminal hostility or you get a warning, no one is trying to ignore you or anyone else here
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Online Kik

• View Profile
I am sorry Saltywatch but Obsiv actually replied to my question on the topic you created so I understand why they are not replying here. Just calm down a little bit because mods are trying right now to offer an alternative for overwatch.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
I am sorry Saltywatch but Obsiv actually replied to my question on the topic you created so I understand why they are not replying here. Just calm down a little bit because mods are trying right now to offer an alternative for overwatch.

They seem to be backing off the idea slightly, but i will admit throughout all of this that they are at least talking about listening to our requests.

I dont care about anything else. I want my product to work. If it doesnt work, I want to be able to use the workaround that the community discovered. Please do not forget that I and many others have been asking for this for months, and it was not revealed to us when we purchased this product that they would not have CCC

Offline bartraygun

• View Profile
I know some XIM 4 users and they are not reporting any issues. I'm now convinced that the problem comes from the Apex, maybe due to the new synchronization system, and the lack of some options like boost and curve inside the Console Controller ST.
Maybe need to have an access to the old application to be able to make a choice between the new Apex ST and the Xim4 ST.

Yeah man i know, i just tried the xim4 with overwatch, itís better than the apex even when you change the polling rate on the apex, the aim is more stable, accurate at least for a game like overwatch ..

Agreed. Just went back to my XIM4. Tried both my linear and expo profiles. Way more direct and stable than the apex with the same settings as the XIM4 expo, specifically when aim assist is involved. The apex becomes very floaty and inaccurate when it deals with the aim assist in overwatch sometimes. It seems like it just has a mind of its own and the crosshair wonders off completely separated from my mouse.

I don't play Overwatch, only Destiny 2 and I have experienced the same phenomenon with the apex. Horrible float and inaccuracy with the apex after thinking I had it relatively dialed in.  Yesterday I logged on to play some pvp and the apex inexplicably perfomed horribly as you described after having been very solid (not amazing) the day just prior.  I have spent a ton of time experimenting and fine-tuning my settings since March.  Very disappointing to have this happen like this and it isn't the first time.  Don't have any answers unfortunately. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
If you are having day to day changes in performance and you aren't seeing your XIM APEX display purple lights, that means your XIM APEX isn't experiencing any timing issues. So, it is concevable that the variance is coming from the game itself (framerate instability, network latency, etc).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline walou213

• View Profile
Xim is not going to make your mouse behave like a mouse on a pc, i think some people on this thread missed that point.

To the guy asking for linear ramp on xim apex, i can assure you it's nowhere as good as exponential even after fine tuning the boost, curve. exponential is obviously not 1:1, but even linear isn't because of the camera rotation speed way too low on ow.