XIM Community

Xim apex overwatch best settings / Moderators thanks for helping  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Kik

• View Profile
Hello Xim community,
I am writing this post for all overwatch players high rank because I need help to find the best settings for overwatch with the xim apex.
I have been trying all sync, sens, dpi, even change option inside the game with smoothing (which I noticed a nice difference), change hz, try curves, AAW 20/30/70100, ...
I can see differences in aiming by changing parameters but at the end I am never satisfied.
Please do not tell me there are no options completely broken because I can see people with stats like crazy (e.g: more than 55% accuracy with mcree or damage done average per 10 minutes around 15000 with more than one characters). So yes maybe they are good but I am a decent player so for sure some settings are better than others.

All overwatch players please help the community.

Any top 500 players who would like to share their settings as follow:
- dpi?
- sync?
- HZ?
- smoothing?
- y/x?
- auxiliary?
- curves?

Inside game option: (beside the recommended parameters)
- AA?
- AAW?
- smoothing?
- Aim ease in?
- expo? Linear?

Thanks in advance and please do not refer to posts on the xim community because I already try it out. I am asking high ranked players for support.
« Last Edit: 07:55 PM - 07/06/18 by Kik »

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
Re: Xim apex overwatch best settings top 500 players
« Reply #1 on: 06:29 PM - 06/20/18 »
Iíve almost hit T500 before playing only Widow (Peak was 4092) and I have a T500 friend who mains Widow with a Xim4, heís nuts, hits 3k-4ks almost every qp game and just destroys people.

I tried his settings and did horrible at every turn, when people say theres no settings for every player they mean it.

The Widows and Crees you see that do this good and just destroy people arenít because of settings, you have to consider how long theyíve been using M&K, how long theyíve used the settings they use, and how much practice they put into getting where they are now.

Trust me, popping on a godlike playerís settings arenít going to turn you into a god like them, you just have to get used to a certain sensitivity and config and practice with it, that is the ONLY way you will ever get that good.

Theres no shortcut to becoming the top .5% of players in the world, itís just skill, nothing more.
| Logitech G502 | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 3200 DPI |

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:55 PM - 06/20/18 »
Theres no shortcut to becoming the top .5% of players in the world, itís just skill, nothing more.

This needs to be on a banner on the front page. Great reply btw.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:03 PM - 06/20/18 »
Thanks for replying.
I agree and I do not pretend to climb top 500!! I am asking settings because yes I do believe you have better settings than others when you are at the top.
If you do not think so then I think you never look closely at all options offered by xim apex. Furthermore on the xim 4 you had curves which makes it easier to aim like henryís Curve or others. (Just an example).
Why do you think so many people posted their settings with 4000dpi/8000/12000/even 800/400,... using 125hz,500hz,1000hz...

I am just asking for settings coming from top 500 or gm or even high masters... your post doesnít help at all.

Each game need particulier settings and I do not think to be wrong by saying this.

Last but not the least, yes sensitivity belongs to each player and of course I am not going to copy it! But main settings for a particular game are important and the base to perform well.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:07 PM - 06/20/18 »
Thanks for replying.
I agree and I do not pretend to climb top 500!! I am asking settings because yes I do believe you have better settings than others when you are at the top.
If you do not think so then I think you never look closely at all options offered by xim apex. Furthermore on the xim 4 you had curves which makes it easier to aim like henryís Curve or others. (Just an example).
Why do you think so many people posted their settings with 4000dpi/8000/12000/even 800/400,... using 125hz,500hz,1000hz...

I am just asking for settings coming from top 500 or gm or even high masters... your post doesnít help at all.

Each game need particulier settings and I do not think to be wrong by saying this.

Last but not the least, yes sensitivity belongs to each player and of course I am not going to copy it! But main settings for a particular game are important and the base to perform well.

I don't own the game but the only thing I can suggest is use the search function. Hopefully you find some settings that work with the characters you want to use.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:23 PM - 06/20/18 »
I already searched and all the settings feel the same to me. Whether you aim better but you have the bubble screwing everything or you do not have enough aim or it is not smooth enough,... believe me I tried a lot! So again for overwatch would be nice to have the perfect settings (not talking about sensitivity!)
At the end no major improvements but maybe you can share your settings with all of us??
This might help instead of not really replying to my simple question 😊

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:40 PM - 06/20/18 »
I am struggling to find decent settings for Overwatch since there are too many parameters inside the Xim apex or the game itself
According to official posts about Overwatch we should maximise the dpi, play in common, set ingame aim smoothing to 0, and set apex smoothing to the level we like.
However it seems that I get a better aim when I lower the dpi and set ingame aim smoothing to 100 ; even playing with sync off instead of common

The only way to get the proper settings is to share what we experiment so I hope more people and possibly highly ranked people will share their apex settings like it was done in the past for the xim 4

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:04 AM - 06/21/18 »
Thanks for sharing Vezaeer !
Hope others will follow :)

It seems that overwatch is a competitive game and people are not willing to share their setup and especially the high ranked players. Thatís too bad.

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:18 AM - 06/21/18 »
Thanks for sharing Vezaeer !
Hope others will follow :)

It seems that overwatch is a competitive game and people are not willing to share their setup and especially the high ranked players. Thatís too bad.

That is simply not true at all. There are entire websites dedicated to posting streamer's Overwatch settings and other popular games like Fortnite Battle Royale. They are publicly available. Stop misrepresenting information.

yes I do believe you have better settings than others when you are at the top.
Again, not true. The best settings are the settings that work best for you. Professionals (yes, people that play Overwatch for a $50k/year salary) play on what I would consider ridiculously low DPI. I am a wrist aimer and would never be able to adjust to arm aiming.

There are no secret, hidden settings that will magically make you a Grandmaster at Overwatch. FPS take thousands of hours to become an expert. The people that are T500 spend 10k+ hours playing the game. Shooting and aiming is a small component - game sense, team comp, and overall team play are a hell of a lot more important. How do you think controller users get to grandmaster? Their aim is no better than someone using a M+K.

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:24 AM - 06/21/18 »
Again someone talking and talking but not giving any setup !!! Thatís crazy...
All top 500 players use kbm just wake up man and bring something interesting to this post !

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:26 AM - 06/21/18 »
And for your information I have been high master with a controler so I think I know about what I am talking about !

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:28 AM - 06/21/18 »
The XIM developers have a list of settings recommended for every game. This is explained in the instruction manual and tutorial videos when first starting up your XIM device. If you don't want to follow those settings, more power to you.

Again someone talking and talking but not giving any setup !!! Thatís crazy...
All top 500 players use kbm just wake up man and bring something interesting to this post !
And people like you are the reason I quit Overwatch. Best of luck!

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:36 AM - 06/21/18 »
I followed videos .... and if you are really careful the fuy change is mind all the time advising once low dpi sometime and sometimes high dpi, playing common and after in the next vid explaining to play off, put smoothing and then no smoothing, change hz for 1000 in the first vid and then back to 500,... do you want me to continue???

I thought people in this forum will be sharing more than blaming!!!

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:11 AM - 06/21/18 »
I definitely like APEX at 500hz for Overwatch. Makes the aim assist for sticky.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #14 on: 12:14 PM - 06/21/18 »
There are no "best settings" and there are no settings that will make a player capable of being one of the best.

Pick settings you're comfortable with, and practice, and stop changing settings chasing something you'll never obtain without refining your skills.

I've played with KBM for a long time, and know what works for me, and try to make every game feel like that. I don't use other people's settings, I make my own. You should too.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL