XIM Community

Is Razer REALLY that bad for a Xim?  (Read 184 times)

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
Is Razer REALLY that bad for a Xim?
« on: 04:24 PM - 06/14/18 »
I’ve been told that Razer mice aren’t great for Xim gaming as they have problems when not connected to a PC.

However, I just received my recently bought Razer Basilisk in the mail. And I have to say, using this mouse after using my G502, it feels so much better and weighs less so I can arm aim much better than I could with my G502.

I also don’t notice any sensor smoothing at 3200-4000 DPI and it feels even snappier than the G502, not saying the Basilisk is better, as this is personal preference, but I MUST recommend trying this mouse if you use a G502 and are wanting a less weighty mouse with the same feel as a G502.

With all that being said, I don’t really understand why more people don’t use them for Xim’s.
Razer Basilisk | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 1600 DPI |

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Is Razer REALLY that bad for a Xim?
« Reply #1 on: 04:28 PM - 06/14/18 »
Some razer keyboards are known to have poor rollover support meaning that when pressing multiple keys simultaneously some of those keys are ignored. They also tend to not carry over custom lighting profiles or macros. These aren't a problem when playing on PC because the Synapse software takes care of these issues but we can't use this with XIM as XIM is not a PC. Logitech arguably uses the best sensors available currently and if not logitech, there are other companies using these sensors as well but razer is not one of them. If you like your mouse and it performs well for you that's all that matters.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
« Reply #2 on: 05:14 PM - 06/14/18 »
I’ve been told that Razer mice aren’t great for Xim gaming as they have problems when not connected to a PC.
They got that fame in general with poor choices like the laser mamba. Newer mice of Razer are excellent, both in quality and sensors. They are moving in the right direction, but Logitech is a head of the curve.

However, I just received my recently bought Razer Basilisk in the mail. And I have to say, using this mouse after using my G502, it feels so much better and weighs less so I can arm aim much better than I could with my G502.
Awesome, maybe Basilisk in general is a better fit for your hand, but one thing that I can say for sure is... lighter, playing a lighter mouse is always better.

I also don’t notice any sensor smoothing at 3200-4000 DPI and it feels even snappier than the G502,
The all smoothing input lag is an over-exaggeration and marketing argument from users that don't even understand how the image processing works on newer mice. They just read it on a internetz forum and their minds buy the idea.

Finally, I will say a there is a mouse that is best than G502 and is gives you lightweight feeling your are now experience with Basilisk, that mouse is the G402 from Logitech. The AM010 sensor and Fusion Engine have the best chemistry with XIM Translators I have ever tested, and its dpi range (2000-4000) is like this mouse was made for XIM. I wish it was shorter like Basilisk, but yeah both definitely better lighter option than G502.

Now, if you want a G502 same quantity of buttons, button layout, shorter, lighter better macro and programming support... Ventus Z is what you are looking for IMO
« Last Edit: 05:37 PM - 06/14/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
PS4 ProASUS VG245H 24"Astro A40 TR MixAmpRazer OrbweaverTt Ventus RHyper XL
[Fortnite] XIM+TitanTwo: Turbo InstantBuild ScriptPC Build like Hotkeys Script

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
« Reply #3 on: 06:38 PM - 06/14/18 »
I just tried 16K DPI and I could feel the smoothing, but it wasnít bad like everyone says it is, I agree it is over exaggerated, in fact I think it helped me hit more flick shots ;D

I tried 1600-1800 DPI as there was no smoothing in that area and it felt like I was using 3200 with no stutter or jitter on Default Sync. Very happy with this mouse, might not be the best but it definitely works great.

Iíll be sure to look at the other mice too, though I wonít be buying anymore any time soon.
Razer Basilisk | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 1600 DPI |

Offline Anonn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:14 PM - 06/14/18 »
All I've ever used is the Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition and when I first got it I used 16000 DPI, noticed the smoothing, dropped it to 4000, couldn't notice it anymore.

Most people recommend that range of DPI anyway. Not to mention the fact that most large mouse pads consist of cloth material which is best used with low DPI's like 3000-4000.

As an arm aimer, the size of your mouse pad is the most important thing in your set of peripherals in my opinion.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:55 AM - 06/15/18 »
The most recent Razer mice with Pixart sensors and full on-board memory are leaps and bounds better than their old gear.

But that's only a few devices from dozens out there and the rest are just plain bad when decoupled from Synapse.

Online ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #6 on: 01:14 AM - 06/15/18 »
The latest Razer mice with variations of the Pixart PMW3360 sensor and on-board memory get plenty of love from Apex users on this forum. The problem is, older Razer mice have no on-board memory and incorporated poor and/or laser sensors, so did not play well with XIM.

Razer also insisted on naming their newest mice by the same name as their older ones so any recommendations for the newer versions needed detailed specs included in order that the buyer bought the version that would cause no problems with the Apex/4.

The G502 is not the best mouse for the XIM; there are plenty of lighter, smaller, wireless, ambidextrous, more configurable mice out there that work flawlessly with our adapter, but it is a good all-rounder that is easy to recommend to forum users that are new to KB&M.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline MRog40

• Buy me AWP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #7 on: 10:15 AM - 06/15/18 »
The G502 is not the best mouse for the XIM; there are plenty of lighter, smaller, wireless, ambidextrous, more configurable mice out there that work flawlessly with our adapter, but it is a good all-rounder that is easy to recommend to forum users that are new to KB&M.

I agree that there is no such thing as a "best" mouse, but the G502 isn't just a beginner all-arounder mouse. A lot of big time PC players use the G502, lightweight isn't always better. AFAIK Ninja still uses a G502, at least I know he did throughout his H1Z1 career.
PS4 | i5-6500, 1060 6GB | Samsung C24FG70 | Steelseries QcK XXL | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | Astro A40 TR | Logitech G502 Spectrum | Fortnite One Key Building Script

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #8 on: 02:34 PM - 06/17/18 »
Iíve used every Logitech mouse Iíve hated razer mice, but I purchased a basilisk and itís the best mouse Iíve used ever

Online ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:23 AM »
I agree that there is no such thing as a "best" mouse, but the G502 isn't just a beginner all-arounder mouse. A lot of big time PC players use the G502, lightweight isn't always better. AFAIK Ninja still uses a G502, at least I know he did throughout his H1Z1 career.
I wasn't suggesting that it is a beginner's mouse, but it is a good all-rounder. It good for most gaming styles, but not the best for any. And anyway, my point was that newbies (to KB&M) are going to get on pretty well with it. I used it for nearly two years before moving on to a mouse that more closely suited how I like to play.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!