XIM Community

A few questions  (Read 131 times)

Offline Skyaz

• View Profile
A few questions
« on: 11:54 AM - 06/13/18 »
Hi,
I am a PC gamer, but not so much PC literate.
I'm looking to play on the Xbox One with some family, primarily FPS and Overwatch and use my mouse & keyboard instead of a joystick.

I was told I needed the Xim, or similar device, but I honestly don't understand a few key aspects.

What's the difference between Xim Apex, Titan 2, CronusMax Plus and other devices?

Why do some people buy both the Xim Apex & Titan 2 for example?

Will only buying the Xim Apex allow me to benefit from K/M on Overwatch?

Will I still benefit from the console aim assist with Apex and is it hard to set up or requires additional hardware?

Has anyone who has played Overwatch with any of the devices give me some advice as to what I should buy & why? What is the best product(s) to buy to have the best accuracy / advantage?

Thanks in advance

Offline Crumblebee

• View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: 12:02 PM - 06/13/18 »
The Xim apex is the best m/kb device period also people buy the titan 2 so that they can use scripts with the xim

Offline Skyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:07 PM - 06/13/18 »
The Xim apex is the best m/kb device period also people buy the titan 2 so that they can use scripts with the xim

I see, thanks for the help.
Do I need such scripts? Specifically what is useful in regards to the scripts to help my game play, in a short rough sense?
Do I actually need the additional hardware? Does it provide a much bigger advantage for games like Overwatch or?

Offline Crumblebee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:12 PM - 06/13/18 »
No you don't need a titan 2 at all people mostly used it for fornite to help them for building and little things

Offline Skyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:46 AM - 06/14/18 »
No you don't need a titan 2 at all people mostly used it for fornite to help them for building and little things

Ah thank you, so I assume there's not much benefit of buying it with Overwatch if you only have 2-3 abilities I assume?

Would you happen to know if you have the console aim assist with k/b mouse on Overwatch & other games?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:30 AM - 06/14/18 »
Titan Two allows for more PC-like controls using a Xim (e.g binding weapon wheels to buttons) as well as macros.

A T2 can be helpful in Overwatch for things like automatically dropping a biotic field and disabling rapid-fire when using 76's ultimate. Rapid-fire, or more accurately burst-fire, can assist with reticle bloom for 76 to keep more shots on target at range, but it does come at the cost of raw DPS. Likewise, it can automate 76's somewhat tricky rocket-jump (tricky for me at least).

Another example is triggering McCree's alt-fire, applying recoil control, automatically followed by a stun, then a slide to reload and finally a second alt-fire, all by simply tapping alt-fire once. It's realistically only saving a few button presses, but it does show you the power of automation.

The downside of automation is locking your controls into a pre-defined pattern, which can detrimentally affect your ability to react on-the-fly, so it's swings and roundabouts.

And yes, you get console aim assist with a Xim, but that's a double-edged sword as you can get stuck just outside the hitbox and pulled off-target at times. Using max mouse DPI tends to combat AA and allow for greater cut-through. Conversely, if you want more AA, reduce DPI and play around with lower sensitivity values, Sync and Smoothing settings.

Offline Skyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:43 AM - 06/14/18 »
Titan Two allows for more PC-like controls using a Xim (e.g binding weapon wheels to buttons) as well as macros.

A T2 can be helpful in Overwatch for things like automatically dropping a biotic field and disabling rapid-fire when using 76's ultimate. Rapid-fire, or more accurately burst-fire, can assist with reticle bloom for 76 to keep more shots on target at range, but it does come at the cost of raw DPS. Likewise, it can automate 76's somewhat tricky rocket-jump (tricky for me at least).

Another example is triggering McCree's alt-fire, applying recoil control, automatically followed by a stun, then a slide to reload and finally a second alt-fire, all by simply tapping alt-fire once. It's realistically only saving a few button presses, but it does show you the power of automation.

The downside of automation is locking your controls into a pre-defined pattern, which can detrimentally affect your ability to react on-the-fly, so it's swings and roundabouts.

And yes, you get console aim assist with a Xim, but that's a double-edged sword as you can get stuck just outside the hitbox and pulled off-target at times. Using max mouse DPI tends to combat AA and allow for greater cut-through. Conversely, if you want more AA, reduce DPI and play around with lower sensitivity values, Sync and Smoothing settings.

Wow that's a very detailed post - thanks a lot for the help.

I usually prefer Sombra, even though she's in a bad place, it's possible to bind translocator to E (For example) with only the Xim Apex? Have you tried Sombra personally? Do you feel AA benefits her more than super high DPI on console?

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
« Reply #7 on: 05:04 AM - 06/14/18 »

I usually prefer Sombra, even though she's in a bad place, it's possible to bind translocator to E (For example) with only the Xim Apex? Have you tried Sombra personally? Do you feel AA benefits her more than super high DPI on console?

You can set custom bindings with Xim, meaning you can bind any action in the game to any key press on your keyboard or mouse buttons.

As for the Aim Assist with different heroes, that just depends on what you like. I play what the team needs most times so I have an idea on my personal settings.

Tanks for me usually use really high sensitivities with high DPI so I can turn around quickly, or just flail my hammer with Rein as aim isnít really need with him.

Aim heroes such as Widow and McCree on the otherhand for me usually use low sensitivities with low DPI so I get a lot of Aim Assist for micro movements.

Just test different things out and find what you like, everyone is different.
Razer Basilisk | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 1600 DPI |

Offline Skyaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:09 AM - 06/14/18 »

You can set custom bindings with Xim, meaning you can bind any action in the game to any key press on your keyboard or mouse buttons.

As for the Aim Assist with different heroes, that just depends on what you like. I play what the team needs most times so I have an idea on my personal settings.

Tanks for me usually use really high sensitivities with high DPI so I can turn around quickly, or just flail my hammer with Rein as aim isnít really need with him.

Aim heroes such as Widow and McCree on the otherhand for me usually use low sensitivities with low DPI so I get a lot of Aim Assist for micro movements.

Just test different things out and find what you like, everyone is different.

Thanks a bunch for the really helpful and detailed responses, I appreciate it.