XIM Community

Is XB1X heat damaging my apex  (Read 313 times)

Offline Tierney

• View Profile
Is XB1X heat damaging my apex
« on: 05:14 AM - 06/13/18 »
I havnt seen anybody talk about this and im concerned  about the amount of heat my xbox putting out while playing pubg. I have my apex pluged into back of xbox

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
Re: Is XB1X heat damaging my apex
« Reply #1 on: 05:48 AM - 06/13/18 »
I wouldnít think a little warmth would hurt the little thing, but just for safe measures you could plug it in the side if you have an old Xbox, Iím not too sure about the other models as Iíve never owned one before (I have a old Halo Edition).

Unless your Xbox is hot enough to cook cold plastic, I donít think it will harm it.
| Logitech G Pro | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 3200 DPI |

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:23 AM - 06/13/18 »
Xims are stress-tested for heat, the XB1X won't damage it.

If you're concerned about it, use a USB extension cable to move the Apex away from the back of the console.

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #3 on: 06:41 AM - 06/13/18 »
I havnt seen anybody talk about this and im concerned  about the amount of heat my xbox putting out while playing pubg. I have my apex pluged into back of xbox

Is there a specific reason you're not using the front USB port?

Online Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:00 AM - 06/13/18 »

If he's on an OG xbox1 it only has a side port, or back ports, no front.

I have an OG and don't use the side port because it sits on my desk and starts getting in the way of my mouse space. I plug it into the back and it sits on top of the xbox, haven't had any heat related issues yet.

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #5 on: 12:13 PM - 06/13/18 »

If he's on an OG xbox1 it only has a side port, or back ports, no front.

I have an OG and don't use the side port because it sits on my desk and starts getting in the way of my mouse space. I plug it into the back and it sits on top of the xbox, haven't had any heat related issues yet.

Thread title says XB1X. Which has a front port.

Offline mikel81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:38 PM - 06/13/18 »
The back of the 1 X pumps out some heat. I checked mine the other day with an infrared thermometer and it was like 130įf and mine is out in the open. If it is in an entertainment center with low air flow it could get really hot. Mine is on a usb extension not only so it doesn't get broken off but so the lights are visible and I can unplug to reboot it. If you think it is getting too hot it couldn't hurt to get a cable to move it away from the console.