XIM Community

Question regarding keyboard compatibility on ps4  (Read 72 times)

Offline Dtau1994

• View Profile
Question regarding keyboard compatibility on ps4
« on: 03:59 PM - 06/11/18 »
Hey everyone not sure if this is the right place to ask this but Iíll try my luck anyway, so I just bought the alloy FPS pro keyboard knowing it only requires USB port and the game I run fortnite supports keyboard and mouse on the PS4 so I plugged it into the PS4 the keyboard lights up and gets recognized but nothing happened the keyboard just wonít work and it does work on my pc, after reading here a bit I heard thereís a power usb hub u can connect it to to get it to work but those who asked said they also connect it to the xim4 or apex, so my question is can I get the hyperx alloy FPS pro to work on my PS4 with just a power hub or is the keyboard not compatible with the PS4? (No xim or apex)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding keyboard compatibility on ps4
« Reply #1 on: 04:09 PM - 06/11/18 »
It may work, you'll need to try a USB hub to figure it out. Any powered USB 2.0 hub should work.

I used to have to do the same thing to get a G25 steering wheel working on PS3 - even though it was compatible it drew too much power.

Offline Dtau1994

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:31 PM - 06/11/18 »
Ty for the reply so any 2.0 power usb should work? Cause I want to know what to buy tomorrow for the shop

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:54 PM - 06/11/18 »
Ty for the reply so any 2.0 power usb should work? Cause I want to know what to buy tomorrow for the shop
Yep. Keyboards are USB 2.0 devices, so 3.0 is overkill. Some 3.0 hubs don't play well with USB 2.0 despite backwards-compatibility, so best to stick to a 2.0 hub.