XIM Community

Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 175 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Cyberpunk 2077
« on: 12:38 PM - 06/11/18 »
I was watching this E3 with a great sense of ennui. Lately, I have been disaffected by mainstream gaming and have had moments questioning whether I'm still truly into AAA games and if I should just give it up all together. EA's conference was the embodiment of "so we know you like this sort of thing, now you get to do it again for the thousandth time only slightly bigger and prettier with even more soul stripped out so it's not too offensive." The majority of E3 was like that and the best response it could get out of me is "eh, this looks decent enough to try on sale a year after release."

Even though I loved the Witcher 3, I wasn't really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. Mostly because there was no real concrete info about it. The reveal and the game itself however was everything that I needed to jolt me back into being in love with gaming. The reveal was a surprise and unexcpected. The game... this is the kind of thing I would have expected from R* when they used to be at the top of their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: 05:34 PM - 06/11/18 »
The reveal and the game itself however was everything that I needed to jolt me back into being in love with gaming.

I've heard others talk about looking forward to this one more than any other. It was interesting to me how they knew that this game could give that feeling to people given that they saved it for the final "surprise" in Xbox's E3 conference.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:07 PM - 06/11/18 »
This is the big one for me too. I'm glad to hear it's finally been announced. I've been fanging for it since the teaser video three years or so ago...

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #3 on: 02:52 AM - 06/12/18 »
Cyberpunk 2077 and Anthem are the two games I'm looking forward to, but I get your sense of concern: although both are new IPs, they look like iterative improvements on previous games. They look great and I really hope that they'll be awesome, but I'm yet to be convinced that either will deliver something new (and exciting).
« Last Edit: 08:08 AM - 06/12/18 by ceebs »
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:36 AM - 06/12/18 »
Been waiting on more info about this game like forever now! The trailer looks so good
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:49 AM - 06/12/18 »
Yeah, game looks promising. Big fan of the Dev team.

Looks like for the second straight year I won't be buying a COD game.

BFV, RDR, PUBG, F76 and 2077 all are > COD!
« Last Edit: 07:10 AM - 06/12/18 by RML »
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:10 PM - 06/12/18 »
I've heard others talk about looking forward to this one more than any other. It was interesting to me how they knew that this game could give that feeling to people given that they saved it for the final "surprise" in Xbox's E3 conference.

Yeah, it's a far cry from a COD, Assassin's Creed, Fifa/Madden Xbox conference of 2013.

If I'm honest, the announcement that it's a first person game has me a bit concerned. Hopefully they'll reconsider working in a 3rd person view before release or maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, game looks promising. Big fan of the Dev team.

Looks like for the second straight year I won't be buying a COD game.

BFV, RDR, PUBG, F76 and 2077 all are > COD!

Yeah, the situation with BO4 is really disappointing. The more about it is announced the more obvious it becomes that the rumors of it being scrapped and reworked back in January might be true.