XIM Community

Fortnite update 4.4 needs a retraining? Y axis tweak.  (Read 5799 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite update 4.4 needs a new training...
« Reply #30 on: 02:25 PM - 06/11/18 »
How can i lowering my dpi ony in y axis?

Is it enough to turn down the ingame y axis?

You mouse must support it, Logitech and Zowies don't, but lowering your in-game Y should be more than enough and practical.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:29 PM - 06/11/18 »
The problem is, right now the Y axis is a bit broken which is really annoying, actually I was going to be used to the new aiming mechanics although I didn't play as great as before BUT.

If we're waiting 2 weeks for the next major update, and they found another thing, retrain will be delayed and so on, I know it's a pain in the @#$%, but if we wait, we don't know how many times we are going to play with this broken Y axis, and then be used to and just wreck muscle memory as performing badly.

To me, from now, as deadzone is fixed, XY ratio is fixed, they are just going to smooth all the aiming mechanics, which is if we are trusting them, are just impacting the aiming mechanics only with Aim Assist OFF, but I could be wrong, english not my native language so maybe I misunderstood something and I have the feeling even them don't know exactly...

Finally, and to be honest, after a dozen games, it was less difficult to fight but it's not as accurate as it should be, it's not unplayble, but nor as enjoyable as before. I'm praying every day if only they should revert all trashies fixes they made for 3 weeks now...
« Last Edit: 02:40 PM - 06/11/18 by Mjölnir »

Offline Silktouch

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02:42 PM - 06/11/18 »
The problem is, right now the Y axis is a bit broken which is really annoying, actually I was going to be used to the new aiming mechanics although I didn't play as great as before BUT.

If we're waiting 2 weeks for the next major update, and they found another thing, retrain will be delayed and so on, I know it's a pain in the @#$%, but if we wait, we don't know how many times we are going to play with this broken Y axis, and then be used to and just wreck muscle memory as performing badly.

To me, from now, as deadzone is fixed, XY ratio is fixed, they are just going to smooth all the aiming mechanics, which is if we are trusting them, are just impacting the aiming mechanics only with Aim Assist OFF, but I could be wrong, english not my native language so maybe I misunderstood something and I have the feeling even them don't know exactly...

Finally, and to be honest, after a dozen games, it was less difficult to fight but it's not as accurate as it should be, it's not unplayble, but nor as enjoyable as before. I'm praying every day if only they should revert all trashies fixes they made for 3 weeks now...

What are your actual settings? DPI, Sens (XIM/ingame), Sync?
I can feel it too and think what you said is right, waiting now 2 weeks again isnt that great.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:45 PM - 06/11/18 »
How can i lowering my dpi ony in y axis?

Is it enough to turn down the ingame y axis?

You mouse must support it, Logitech and Zowies don't, but lowering your in-game Y should be more than enough and practical.

Can't do it on my mouse, and I tried to just reduce Y sensitivity from 10 to 9 ingame and it reduces a lot, BUT we can be used to, as we can be used to without changing anything, I finally have less trouble after a dozen games, and I'm going to try to adjust the ratio in XIM APP to see what happens.

Right now it's far to be unplayable as it was with the deadzone update (hopefully), it's playable decently and maybe good with some ingame or XIM APP tweak, and as the update reached today, maybe we can wait, I mean, even if it's worst than before the update, I'm still doing solo or duo or squad top1, it's just not as accurate as before, and maybe they are going to have a look, question is, when it's going to be released?...

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:47 PM - 06/11/18 »
You're right. We don't know when the next fix will come. But for hot fixes they are very proficient to release those as soon as possible.

Based on what the dev said, they are fixing a glitch not revamping the entire look and aiming mechanics, that enterprise should need it a major patch update like a new season or something like that.

Anyways I understand and feel the frustration, specially if this game is your main game.

I'm cool with lowering my Y axis and wait for the fix, couldn't said the same last time.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02:57 PM - 06/11/18 »

I can feel it too and think what you said is right, waiting now 2 weeks again isnt that great.

For now.

Mouse: G502 / 125Hz / 12.000 DPI
XIM: 125Hz / HIP 14.50, Sync OFF, Smoothing 4 / ADS 20, Sync OFF, Smoothing 0
Ingame : X sensitivity 10 / Y sensitivity 10 / ADS sensitivity 1 / Scope sensitivity 0.40

I'm going to try to tweak ingame Y sensitivity, but I tried and even from 10 to 9 it was really reduced by I'm going to give it another shot. If it doesn't work, I'm going to test tweaking in XIM APP X/Y ratio. But to be honest after a dozen games, I was used to and doing great, not as great but great.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:04 PM - 06/11/18 »
You're right. We don't know when the next fix will come. But for hot fixes they are very proficient to release those as soon as possible.

Based on what the dev said, they are fixing a glitch not revamping the entire look and aiming mechanics, that enterprise should need it a major patch update like a new season or something like that.

Anyways I understand and feel the frustration, specially if this game is your main game.

I'm cool with lowering my Y axis and wait for the fix, couldn't said the same last time.

I couldn't agree more. To me, it's playable, not as great as yesterday but playable, a hotfix is possible, I really hope so, I just would like to hear them say "ok the aim mechanic is good now" and then retrain the ST. Maybe with some tweaks, ingame or in XIM APP should be OK.

Yes it's my unique multiplayer game right now, I'm playing it 7+ hours a day only Fornite.

I'll make some tests tonight.

Offline Silktouch

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03:14 PM - 06/11/18 »

For now.

Ingame : X sensitivity 10 / Y sensitivity 10 / ADS sensitivity 1 / Scope sensitivity 0.40

I'm going to try to tweak ingame Y sensitivity, but I tried and even from 10 to 9 it was really reduced by I'm going to give it another shot. If it doesn't work, I'm going to test tweaking in XIM APP X/Y ratio. But to be honest after a dozen games, I was used to and doing great, not as great but great.

Wow, I never saw settings like this (125hz, way higher ADS sens and Sync: off), will give this a shot.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03:24 PM - 06/11/18 »

For now.

Wow, I never saw settings like this (125hz, way higher ADS sens and Sync: off), will give this a shot.

I'm an alien sorry :-[

I'm pretty comfortable with these settings and I admit I never tried tweaking, maybe it's time to test synchronization, but from what I heard sync off reduces aim assist and as fortnite has a huge one..., and I was used to XIM EDGE and XIM4 which were 125Hz so I didn't try to change. And my ADS is higher because I'm really comfortable for hitting this way, I land a lot of shots so why change, in HIP I have no trouble building, tracking nor harvesting with critical hits, and in ADS I land my shots with ease and track easily. I learnt that what is good for one will not be for another so keep a save of your config before trying mine!

Offline d1sable

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #39 on: 05:26 PM - 06/11/18 »
Just got another 20 bomb, honestly can't even tell the axis are off but I guess they must be?

https://youtu.be/LOd2yqtuMLA

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jamesbonebruh
  • PSN ID: Jamesbonebruh
« Reply #40 on: 06:14 PM - 06/11/18 »
Just got another 20 bomb, honestly can't even tell the axis are off but I guess they must be?

https://youtu.be/LOd2yqtuMLA

Nice bro that was satisfying to watch lol

What's your settings I sent you a friend request

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:46 AM - 06/12/18 »
Really want to know what the new retraining says about the changes they made! Then its not about touchy feely but accurate numbers and facts.

Offline Thegr81

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04:07 AM - 06/12/18 »
Fortnite is the MOST important game out right now. I would imagine most people that have a xim are playing Fortnite. Yes even bigger than COD (for now) so it should get an updated ST everytime it needs it. Just because epics are idiots and keep changing stuff doesn't mean we have to wait weeks for you to update. I'm willing to pay money to have an updated Fortnite ST everytime Epic updates.. just tell me where to send the money and it's done. Time = Money and Right now I'm not making any since I can't play Fortnite. I play in UMG events and I can't play like this.

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Enrix79
« Reply #43 on: 07:22 AM - 06/12/18 »
Hey, I just wanted to say that yesterday I played 2 matches after the update, and as soon as I logged in I felt that my aim was different than usual. I did not even read the patch notes or anything, it was just a feeling.
I am not saying that it's unplayable or anything, my aim it's still really good, just saying that there's something different in my opinion, and according to this post it's not just me... (?)
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Steelseries Rival 700 | Steelseries QcK Prism | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Offline BskooL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TRN BskooL
« Reply #44 on: 08:48 AM - 06/12/18 »
@mist4fun any further development or information from epic?