XIM Community

Fortnite update 4.4 needs a retraining? Y axis tweak.  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Isnipex

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite update 4.4 needs a new training...
« Reply #15 on: 10:18 AM - 06/11/18 »
Just spot checked the ST, it looks like the Y axis has changed a bit. Have controller players noticed the change? With epic mentioning that current sensitivity will be the same I'm hesitant to update support if it's going to be fixed in their next patch.

updates are published every two weeks, if it turns out to be a bigger issue i think a retraining might be better considering the game is currently the most popular shooter out there

ill try it again in a few minutes and will focus on the y axis and the skydiving animation

Thanks Mist you guys are amazing!

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:31 AM - 06/11/18 »
Yeah, I play fortnite a ton. Y sens is definitely way faster than x sens now. Gonna need another new profile. Sorry mist

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:54 AM - 06/11/18 »
Just spot checked the ST, it looks like the Y axis has changed a bit. Have controller players noticed the change? With epic mentioning that current sensitivity will be the same I'm hesitant to update support if it's going to be fixed in their next patch.

Huge kiss for letting me know I'm not crazy.

Several on Reddit noticed it and I assume they are not all playing with MK.

What EPIC has done is to adjust the ratio between X and Y and now by default both will be XY= 1 so normally it shouldn't change.

BUT, like EPIC are @#$% and making bad more and more each update, who knows. But I guess it's OK now, deadzone glitch is fixed on consoles and XY ratio on PC is fixed so it would be good. Fortnite is really popular so they have to be reactive and fix issues, but I hope they have made the job done with aiming mechanics. On Trello no issues about aiming mechanics have to be fixed as far as I can have a look.
« Last Edit: 11:13 AM - 06/11/18 by Mjölnir »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:17 AM - 06/11/18 »
Re training now.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:30 AM - 06/11/18 »
Re training now.

Pretty chill, I just hope they are not going to find something and revert another thing...

Thanks for the work Mist you rock as always.

EDIT: This is what a DEV has answered at someone who was complaining about the sensitivity drop.

"We're investigating. It appears that if you have Aim Assist turned off, controller vertical sensitivity was also 70% of horizontal, which is no longer the case after this patch. Sorry we didn't catch this.

If you prefer to play with reduced vertical sensitivity, you should be able to adjust the Controller Sensitivity Y setting in your options panel."

So they didn't only tweak PC, but I always played with Aim Assist ON and I felt a change, and as you said Mist, Y axis has changed a bit.
« Last Edit: 11:41 AM - 06/11/18 by Mjölnir »

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
« Reply #21 on: 11:41 AM - 06/11/18 »
You know I thought i was going crazy, but I too, also felt that if I move left and right it can go really FAST and I get completely bamboozled. But I just thought it was me being nervous and thinking to myself oh I must have swiped too hard. I noticed this especially whilst ADS trying to track a target from medium to long range.

I bet Mist is tired from all these fortnite changes 😣

Are people even complaining about the aim mechanics?
Like honestly think back when season 3 ended. The game was in a near perfect state. Mid season 4 is a horrendous train wreck as far as all these “fixes” go. I highly doubt any of the controller users felt the lack of Diagonal speed and didn’t feel the Y ratio quite right. I mean come on, dude. This has to be a kick in the @#$% for the mKB users on consoles.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Mjölnir

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11:54 AM - 06/11/18 »
You know I thought i was going crazy, but I too, also felt that if I move left and right it can go really FAST and I get completely bamboozled. But I just thought it was me being nervous and thinking to myself oh I must have swiped too hard. I noticed this especially whilst ADS trying to track a target from medium to long range.

I bet Mist is tired from all these fortnite changes 😣

Are people even complaining about the aim mechanics?
Like honestly think back when season 3 ended. The game was in a near perfect state. Mid season 4 is a horrendous train wreck as far as all these “fixes” go. I highly doubt any of the controller users felt the lack of Diagonal speed and didn’t feel the Y ratio quite right. I mean come on, dude. This has to be a kick in the @#$% for the mKB users on consoles.

Eeeeeh actually left-right movements are X (horizontal) not Y (vertical). Everyone is complaining about Y. Mist said Y axis changed a bit. But when you're trying to track someone you're doing it diagonally so Y axis making your aiming feels off and wrong.

And I'm sure Mist is bored about of all these, we're all.

And I agree, end of season 3 the game with the ST were mostly perfect. Now even by reducing scope sensitivity, snipers feel a bit inaccurate and now with this Y change, the game feels bad. They want to fix something none want to be fixed. 2 mates I'm playing with everyday didn't feel changes fixed by last updates so yea maybe it's to lame MK user on consoles. And every PC player (pro or pleb) are playing with this ratio for years now so why having a look today? Nonsense.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12:54 PM - 06/11/18 »
"We're investigating. It appears that if you have Aim Assist turned off, controller vertical sensitivity was also 70% of horizontal, which is no longer the case after this patch. Sorry we didn't catch this.

If you prefer to play with reduced vertical sensitivity, you should be able to adjust the Controller Sensitivity Y setting in your options panel."

So pretty much their work on aim is not done, going to release another patch with more changes or a fix for this one, right?

Honestly, I don't see the point of retrain the ST if they have not finish.

XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12:57 PM - 06/11/18 »
to me it sounds like they just fixed a bug from the previous patch that had an influence on the aiming mechanic, would necessarily say it means we will see more look mechanic patches incoming
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01:26 PM - 06/11/18 »
Good stuff updating the st!
2 weeks is to long to be using a faulty st . May even be longer then that

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01:36 PM - 06/11/18 »
If they've identified an issue that will be fixed and it sounds like they have, I may hold off on updating support. I'll need to check if current support is broken and to what extent.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01:59 PM - 06/11/18 »
If they've identified an issue that will be fixed and it sounds like they have, I may hold off on updating support. I'll need to check if current support is broken and to what extent.

Yes 2 weeks is to long may even be longer if the st y axis is broken
I haven't tried it yet but people are reporting it's broken

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02:11 PM - 06/11/18 »
I tried, and is no way near broke as the last update.

Changing your Y axis value or lowering the dpi on the Y axis in your mouse is enough IMO, if you really are annoy by it.

It's just my opinion, I do not have any influence here. Think about this: in 24-48 hrs we have a new ST, and Epic launches another patch fixing this issue on Thursday -they already acknowledge the issue, it will be a hotfix as they handle this things- that means you play with a short-life correct ST for 24hrs ish? (3-8 hrs gameplay wise, I envy you if you can do it btw) to then change it again.
« Last Edit: 02:31 PM - 06/11/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02:23 PM - 06/11/18 »
How can i lowering my dpi ony in y axis?

Is it enough to turn down the ingame y axis?