XIM Community

Motorbike controllers for xbox one  (Read 76 times)

Offline Dayglowfroggy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: F00T4U
Motorbike controllers for xbox one
« on: 04:06 PM - 06/08/18 »
Hi had anybody managed to make one  work yet ?
I now have the game i have always wanted tt ride on the edge just need an afordable bike controller now.
There are really nice hs2 custom ones for min 350 don't know if they will run through a xim though.
The easiest to get is the yamaha m-s1 PlayStation 2 one but don't think that would work for xbox though there is a brook converta that makes it work with ps4.
Then the only other option is the thrustmaster one but these are very rare and hard to get hold of ,not been sold new for years they are pc compatable so there is hope there.
I think there is a big gap in the market apearing since bike games have finally started to get realistic.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Motorbike controllers for xbox one
« Reply #1 on: 05:30 PM - 06/08/18 »
Do you know how these devices present themselves over USB? Are they standard, or, do they require special drivers if you plug them into a PC?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Dayglowfroggy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: F00T4U
« Reply #2 on: 01:46 AM - 06/09/18 »
I don't really know much about them but i have found out that brook make a consol to consol swap over thing so ps controllers can work for Xbox ! I think bit could be an expensive mistake to make if it didn't work though.
The yamaha controller seems to be easy to get from America brand new just the usual rip off postage ( hurry up and get out the eu so we can have cheap post from America like we do from china)
The thrustmaster looks like the best bet but they are very rare and highly sort after so not eau to get hold of .

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:45 AM - 06/09/18 »
I wouldn't get the Brooks, there are better and more powerful ways to create cross-platform compatible devices.

What I'd recommend here is a Titan One and its MaxAim DI plugin. Leave the controller connected to PC and feed that through to console via Titan One's Gtuner app and a USB cable connecting the PC to Titan One.

I used to do this to combine G25 pedals with a Driving Force GT wheel via the Leo Bodnar cable by creating a virtual device on Windows, then piping it to my consoles through Titan One.

You may not need to have the PC involved with the Titan One, it'll depend on whether or not the bike controls require dedicated drivers.

Long story short, you can use any PC device on console via Titan One, as long as it supports Direct Input. Titan One also allows macros on Xim devices...two birds, one stone.

Note that Titan Two is the newer product, but does not yet have an API to achieve setups such as the above.