XIM Community

[Q/A] XIM4 on PC not working  (Read 28 times)

Offline Summix

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SummiX
[Q/A] XIM4 on PC not working
« on: 11:00 AM - 06/14/18 »
Yup, another one of these threads. Before we get into it I fully admit i'm a dirty cheater and I want to sh*t on kids and abuse aim assist lol

I also lowkey want to try mouse steering in a few racing games, specifically a bike simulator with super touchy counter steering physics lol :P

I've browsed around the forums for 3 days now and cannot for the life of me figure out why my Microsoft X1 controller isnt passing through my XIM4.

XIM4 Firmware: 20171004

XIM4 Manager: 20160405

Running the manager via bluetooth to my android device.

Alright so here's where i'm at loss -

I connect my X1 controller to my computer and it works fine, windows picks it up and it works in games, but when I connect the controller to my XIM4 and then connect the XIM4 to my pc, windows stops recognizing the X1 controller and input in games is ignored. I should also note that the XIM manager on my android device shows the X1 controller is plugged in, however windows ignores the X1 controller when connected through the XIM4.

I have tried reinstalling the X1 drivers but its a little tricky because windows automatically installs them now, but I have tried older drivers with no luck.

Hopefully someone has some ideas, i'm lost.

« Last Edit: 11:18 AM - 06/14/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 on PC not working
« Reply #1 on: 11:17 AM - 06/14/18 »
PC isn't a supported platform but it does work with XIM by chance. If this is an original controller made by Microsoft and working on your PC direct then it should work with XIM. I would start by attaching XIM4 to other ports on the PC, preferably USB 2.0 ports. If this doesn't help then you may need to test XIM on a supported console to ensure it's working correctly.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Summix

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SummiX
Re: XIM4 on PC not working
« Reply #2 on: 11:26 AM - 06/14/18 »
If this doesn't help then you may need to test XIM on a supported console to ensure it's working correctly.

I actually haven't tried this, it makes sense actually, I haven't used my XIM4 in years, not since my Xbox 360 died. Ill borrow my buddies PS4 and report back, thanks for reply!