XIM Community

Pls post your Fortnite settings  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Freshkicks7

• View Profile
Re: Pls post your Fortnite settings
« Reply #15 on: 08:24 PM - 06/07/18 »
3200 dpi
500hz
sync common
hip 4,0
ads 3,0

no other advanced settings :)
(latest Fortnite Translator ofc)

I had similar settings to this with only the hz @1000... my question to you is if you feel a strong aim assist because I could.

Offline Rambo IIII

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rambo IIII
  • PSN ID: Ntruder
« Reply #16 on: 08:37 PM - 06/07/18 »
5 hip
3.5 ads
syn: common
 no curve or smoothing
Logitech g305
1000hz both xim and mouse
12k dpi
 my channel just in case you are interested in watching some gameplays

https://www.youtube.com/user/thecuban1997

Aim assist on or off? 

Offline Rambo IIII

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:57 PM - 06/07/18 »
Been changing alot since patch but on this atm.

3200 dpi
500 hrtz and polling
Common
14.25 hip
No ads profile
0.80 ads in game

Got 3 games back to back of 16 to 18 kills this morning so it feels quite smooth.

https://youtu.be/R1b1biC9XUs

Not sure what I'm missing here...  I just tried this exact setup and the turn speed is so fast that I don't see how it's possible for this to be viable.  I'm using a G502.  I lowered it down to about 8-9 and that felt more comparable to what I play at on PC (800dpi and .07).  This is what Ninja plays on, arguably one of the best shooters in the game.  14.25 seemed about twice as fast as that.

Furthermore, when I watched your gameplay, it seemed drastically lower (aim speed) than it did on my game.  Not sure what I'm missing.

Also, are you using aim assist?  I find it to be a major hindrance, but I can't seem to find a groove without AA

Offline HypeR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12:08 AM - 06/08/18 »
43 hip , 30 ads
45 ms delay
800 dpi
G403

What is ur sync and Hz?

Offline dis123456

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: d1sable
« Reply #19 on: 03:03 AM - 06/08/18 »

3200 dpi
500 hrtz and polling
Common
14.25 hip
No ads profile
0.80 ads in game

Got 3 games back to back of 16 to 18 kills this morning so it feels quite smooth.

Not sure what I'm missing here...  I just tried this exact setup and the turn speed is so fast that I don't see how it's possible for this to be viable.  I'm using a G502.  I lowered it down to about 8-9 and that felt more comparable to what I play at on PC (800dpi and .07).  This is what Ninja plays on, arguably one of the best shooters in the game.  14.25 seemed about twice as fast as that.

Furthermore, when I watched your gameplay, it seemed drastically lower (aim speed) than it did on my game.  Not sure what I'm missing.

Also, are you using aim assist?  I find it to be a major hindrance, but I can't seem to find a groove without AA

Are you sure you copied it correctly. I 360 in roughly half my mouse mat around 15 cms.

Offline MitchDDon

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MitchDDon
« Reply #20 on: 09:50 AM - 06/08/18 »

3200 dpi
500 hrtz and polling
Common
14.25 hip
No ads profile
0.80 ads in game

Are you sure you copied it correctly. I 360 in roughly half my mouse mat around 15
Maybe hes on the beta firmware? I had to turn the sensitivity up on the hip myself i am currently .on 16.2. I must say tho dis whilst ARs feel super nice, shotgunning is abit floaty and im struggling to hit.my shots. Any advice.

Offline Rambo IIII

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:16 AM - 06/08/18 »

3200 dpi
500 hrtz and polling
Common
14.25 hip
No ads profile
0.80 ads in game

Are you sure you copied it correctly. I 360 in roughly half my mouse mat around 15 cms.

Yeah I definitely copied it the same.  What you're telling me is not jiving with what I'm seeing in your gameplay.  Your movement is slower and more deliberate than mine at 8 or 9 sensitivity with those same settings.  Which means that maybe you're just a surgeon with a mouse and I'm garbage.  I guess it's possible, but I've been using computers since before mice existed and I've been playing Xbox games with a Xim for years so it's not like I don't have enough practice with a mouse. 

Have you ever played Fortnite on PC?  Any idea what DPI/sens you'd be at?

When I first "calibrated" my settings for Fortnite, I had Fortnite running on my PC that had another Logitech G502 set to 800dpi and .07 sensitivity, which are Ninja's exact settings and mouse.  I then plugged my XIM into my PC so I had two mice side by side; one of which was connected to the XIM emulating gamepad movement.  I adjusted my sensitivity to match the PC sensitivity as closely as possible, and I got very close.  With the exception of AA slowing down my ADS speed significantly, my turn speed closely matched what Ninja used on PC, and it felt pretty comfortable.  That was on my XIM4.  Plug in your settings into the Xim Apex and the sensitivity needs to be about 8 or 9.  14.25 is drastically faster.

So the reason I'm so skeptical is that when I plug in your settings, it's about 80% faster than Ninja, and yet you're very precise on screen.  360 in 15cm?  That blows my mind considering what I was seeing in your gameplay.    Maybe you're just a legend with small precise mouse movements.

Are you at 10/10 gamepad sens?  Any smoothing? 

Offline Rambo IIII

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:24 AM - 06/08/18 »

Maybe hes on the beta firmware? I had to turn the sensitivity up on the hip myself i am currently .on 16.2. I must say tho dis whilst ARs feel super nice, shotgunning is abit floaty and im struggling to hit.my shots. Any advice.

I'm not positive (and I can't check it because I'm at work) but I think I'm on 20180502 beta firmware.  I just got my XIM Apex like 2 weeks ago and updated to the latest available.

Also FWIW, I am doing all this after the Fortnite ST update.

Offline MitchDDon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:36 AM - 06/08/18 »

i think he's on the stable 402 and not the beta bro

I'm not positive (and I can't check it because I'm at work) but I think I'm on 20180502 beta firmware.  I just got my XIM Apex like 2 weeks ago and updated to the latest available.

Offline MitchDDon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:38 AM - 06/08/18 »

i think he's on the stable 402 and not the beta bro

I think dis is on the stable 402 firmware, the beta is 501, you will habe to check when  your home.

Offline dis123456

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:11 PM - 06/08/18 »
I'm on 402 stable.

I assure you those are my settings and all in game max.

I use my wrist to aim and don't use that much of my pad in truth.

Have been gaming on PC since 13. I'm 34 now.

I used to play on 8cm on PC on UT2004.

It's not advisable like you say, most pros use very low sence

Offline Rambo IIII

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:48 PM - 06/08/18 »
I'm on 402 stable.

I assure you those are my settings and all in game max.

I use my wrist to aim and don't use that much of my pad in truth.

Have been gaming on PC since 13. I'm 34 now.

I used to play on 8cm on PC on UT2004.

It's not advisable like you say, most pros use very low sence

It all makes sense now. I was going to say you must be my age and be a former Quake or UT player if you're that accurate with that high of sensitivity

One last question, do you use AA in fortnite?

Offline dis123456

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:46 PM - 06/08/18 »
Yes I do use AA. Have tried without but ads with smg etc is all over the place if I do, prob coz of the high sense.

Offline Rambo IIII

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04:52 PM - 06/08/18 »
Yes I do use AA. Have tried without but ads with smg etc is all over the place if I do, prob coz of the high sense.

Yeah it's very strange, I can play the game just fine close range on PC, but for some reason, when I turn AA off on console (XIM) I'm out of control in close range fights.

Offline Helvetic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CamStat87
« Reply #29 on: 05:15 PM - 06/08/18 »

3200 dpi
500 hrtz and polling
Common
14.25 hip
No ads profile
0.80 ads in game

Stupid question.....

Any particular reason for not using ADS? I like the idea, but not sure I could do it.