XIM Community

apex unparing using beta  (Read 132 times)

Offline atnot

• View Profile
apex unparing using beta
« on: 07:25 PM - 06/04/18 »
I recently upgraded to xim apex from xim4. My phone (Galaxy S8) no longer remains paired with the Apex. Every new time I want to connect to the Apex I have to do a factory reset on the Apex and a re-installation of the app from the Google Play Store. I am using firmware version 20180402 for PC.

If I don't reinstall everything, my phone receives instructions for pairing to the Apex for the first time as if it has never connected to it. Pressing the button on the Apex doesn't allow me to connect to it. If I scan for nearby bluetooth devices and press the Apex button, it doesn't show up.

Thanks in advanced
Atnot
« Last Edit: 08:39 AM - 06/09/18 by mist4fun »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: apex unparing
« Reply #1 on: 08:04 AM - 06/05/18 »
I would try removing other pairings on the phone, if it's connecting to another bluetooth device you may have this issue. If this doesn't help then you may want to try the latest beta firmware and Manager, both can be downloaded from the link below.

You can find the latest beta build below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline atnot

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] apex unparing
« Reply #2 on: 08:14 AM - 06/08/18 »
The beta manager seems to have resolved my issue. I did not change the firmware though. Should I do both?

Thanks for the support!

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] apex unparing
« Reply #3 on: 08:20 AM - 06/08/18 »
There are hardware compatibility improvements in the firmware, the bluetooth improvements are in Manager. Of course we always appreciate it when people are able to test both and leave feedback good or bad. :)

Offline atnot

• View Profile
Re:apex unparing
« Reply #4 on: 08:17 AM - 06/09/18 »
I guess I 'spoke' too soon. The Apex communicates correctly a few times then stops. I have removed every other bluetooth setting from my phone. I have also shut off my smart TV's bluetooth so no bluetooth devices are in range from my phone other than the Apex.

I am using the beta firmware and manager on my PC, my phone and the Apex.

I cannot connect to the APEX via my PC or my phone after a few connections.

If connecting via PC the error I get is Failure Writing Xim Apex [6], via my phone it says Read failure (timeout)

« Last Edit: 08:25 AM - 06/09/18 by atnot »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: apex unparing using beta
« Reply #5 on: 08:40 AM - 06/09/18 »
The next time it fails could you try using this scanner?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.macdom.ble.blescanner&hl=en

Let us know if APEX shows in the scanner and it's signal strength. Also check if you're able to connect to APEX using the scanner.