XIM Community

[Fortnite] How-To Create Expert Config - *VIDEO TUTORIAL* - *Fix UPDATE*  (Read 3013 times)

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
I just record a video tutorial. Going to uploaded later, is going to be more easy to setup (I hope)

Something is weird about it
Does editing mess up when using this setup ?
Nop, editing works fine. Seems that you are not using the Config I posted and try it to do your own. The Config I post has a 300ms delay so you can edit your builds without problem, I didn't mention to no confuse you with too much info.
XIM APEX
PS4 ProASUS VG245H 24"Astro A40 TR MixAmpRazer OrbweaverTt Ventus RHyper XL
[Fortnite] XIM+TitanTwo: Turbo InstantBuild ScriptPC Build like Hotkeys Script

Offline babicz92

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RexoK9
It does appear I am also seeing a problem editing builds while in Build mode SUBCONFIG. Aside from this, I'm loving the entirety of the setup.

Edit: I think I figured the issue out. My build button is MWHEEL up, and my HIP secondary Circle is "C". So, since my activate is MWHEEL up, and not "C", I cannot hold it long enough to edit. Is there anyway around this without changing my initial activate?
« Last Edit: 01:06 PM - 06/07/18 by babicz92 »

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
It does appear I am also seeing a problem editing builds while in Build mode SUBCONFIG. Aside from this, I'm loving the entirety of the setup.

Edit: I think I figured the issue out. My build button is MWHEEL up, and my HIP secondary Circle is "C". So, since my activate is MWHEEL up, and not "C", I cannot hold it long enough to edit. Is there anyway around this without changing my initial activate?

I glad you figured out. You have to change your build button for one that you can hold down for editing, that's a game limitation dude shouldn't use the build mode on wheel up. Use C and drop wheel up. Now C must set it as activation key for Build Mode sub-config (make sure build button binds on Build Mode are set to none ) and C as deactivation key for the Inventory Sub-Config

The 300ms delay preset on the Build Mode Sub-config, is precisely to allow you to hold down the build button so you can edit your builds.
XIM APEX

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Fortnite] How-To Create Enhanced Config - *VIDEO TUTORIAL*
« Reply #33 on: 06:28 PM - 06/07/18 »
All right sorry for the delay with the video tutorial, my screen recording software mess up a bit but still watchable.

Take it easy dudes.
XIM APEX

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
I just record a video tutorial. Going to uploaded later, is going to be more easy to setup (I hope)

Nop, editing works fine. Seems that you are not using the Config I posted and try it to do your own. The Config I post has a 300ms delay so you can edit your builds without problem, I didn't mention to no confuse you with too much info.

I've been using deactivation key as build
Which works and swaps straight back to weapon instead of pickaxe that's what I recommend using

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile

Which works and swaps straight back to weapon instead of pickaxe that's what I recommend using
OK once again, I'm not saying that you have to exit build mode by using pickaxe only...

When you set build button as the Activation key (for Build Mode Sub-config) on Toggle mode, build button is an activation key and a deactivation key at the same time due the toggle behavior, meaning press one to enter, press again to exit.

Pickaxe is only a extra deactivation key not the only one, because in game pickaxe also gives you out of build mode, XIM manager must know and recognize that action, on the contrary you press pickaxe: in game you are out of build mode but on XIM Manager you are in Build Mode Sub-Config, and that's not right. I hope that is clear.
« Last Edit: 11:42 PM - 06/07/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX

Offline Wallis31

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: GranMechanRonar
Re: [Fortnite] How-To Create Expert Config - *VIDEO TUTORIAL*
« Reply #36 on: 12:44 AM - 06/08/18 »
Hello !

I'm using xim4 since last year and got the xim APEX on release date.
I Play Fortnite most of the time on Xbox One and I was using the script made by MrRog with Xim Link until... Yesterday !  ;)

I started to use your config and I must say it's perfect !

So thanks a lot Sir !

You made my games feeling smoother, very intuitive and finally funny as I expected !  8)
Now it's amazing and I feel more confident so I can focus on the Real Game instead of struggling with stuff like scripts, config, keybindings or dpi/Hz etc...every day again and again...

Note that I've also followed your posts to find the exact parameters you're using with Xim Apex and I must thank you again !

Great Work !!! Big fan lol  ;D
« Last Edit: 02:37 AM - 06/08/18 by Wallis31 »

Offline pepo2805

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pepo2805
« Reply #37 on: 03:32 AM - 06/08/18 »
Ive noticed when i go into build mode and then get out of it, my sense takes a while to go back to hip sense, is this because of the delay?

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile

OK once again, I'm not saying that you have to exit build mode by using pickaxe only...

When you set build button as the Activation key (for Build Mode Sub-config) on Toggle mode, build button is an activation key and a deactivation key at the same time due the toggle behavior, meaning press one to enter, press again to exit.

Pickaxe is only a extra deactivation key not the only one, because in game pickaxe also gives you out of build mode, XIM manager must know and recognize that action, on the contrary you press pickaxe: in game you are out of build mode but on XIM Manager you are in Build Mode Sub-Config, and that's not right. I hope that is clear.

Uh I see my bad mate

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LnZane HD
« Reply #39 on: 09:23 AM - 06/08/18 »
Love the new settings!
 Feel free to add med on Xbox GT: LnZane HD wins: about 150

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Uh I see my bad mate
Is OK man, is not that I'm that savvy... I've been wrong so many times messing with this thing, that figured out how make it work took me a while.  ;)

Quote from: InZaneHD
Love the new settings!
 Feel free to add med on Xbox GT: LnZane HD wins: about 150
I appreciated.
XIM APEX

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:04 AM - 06/08/18 »
Ive noticed when i go into build mode and then get out of it, my sense takes a while to go back to hip sense, is this because of the delay?
That's right, I forgot to mention to fix  >:( this uncheck: Smooth Aim Transition
XIM APEX

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:24 AM - 06/08/18 »
Hello !

I'm using xim4 since last year and got the xim APEX on release date.
I Play Fortnite most of the time on Xbox One and I was using the script made by MrRog with Xim Link until... Yesterday !  ;)

I started to use your config and I must say it's perfect !

So thanks a lot Sir !

You made my games feeling smoother, very intuitive and finally funny as I expected !  8)
Now it's amazing and I feel more confident so I can focus on the Real Game instead of struggling with stuff like scripts, config, keybindings or dpi/Hz etc...every day again and again...

Note that I've also followed your posts to find the exact parameters you're using with Xim Apex and I must thank you again !

Great Work !!! Big fan lol  ;D

Much obliged!, I appreciated your comments.

Glad that you are having great time with XIM, me too. I love to thinker with it, if I like share if I find something useful for the XIM community.

My settings are in constant change (for Fortnite), my mappings not so much but...
the aiming, still not quite where I want.

Now I trying:
Mouse: 12K dpi, 1000Hz pr,
XIM: HIP 4.5 | ADS 2 | Sync Common | 1000Hz rr
In-game Settings:
Controller Sensitivity X: 10
Controller Sensitivity Y: 9
Scope Sensitivity: 0.85
ADS Sensitivity: 0.85

This gives me the closest aim "feeling" to pre-patch, and snappier as PC.

XIM APEX

Offline moniray

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04:04 PM - 06/08/18 »
Thank you alanmcgregor this video helped alot!

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04:30 PM - 06/08/18 »
Thank you alanmcgregor this video helped alot!

Your'e welcome dude. I know, months ago we were struggling with this. Finally we got the solution, after much tinkering.
XIM APEX