XIM Community

[Fortnite] How-To Create Expert Config - *VIDEO TUTORIAL* - *Fix UPDATE*  (Read 5449 times)

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
Forgot to ask. I have to enter build mode before selecting the piece? can you do one button building with this setup?
Nop just normal toggle build mode building... for one button building, you "need" scripts.

This only a offers you and optional mapping for your builds keys with XIM Manager and custom sensitivity while on build mode.

I said "need" because with Builder Pro are not really don't. At least you are very used to play on PC.

Thank you for letting me know. Im using a script now for one button building, but it gets stuck in build mode and other random problems pretty often. Want to get away from using scripts as it has cost me lots of games / fights.
XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: Logitech G502 | DPI: 12000 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Offline DeezMas

• View Profile
I have a hard time understanding some of the things.

I have Hip, Aim Down Sight, Build mode and Inventory. The keybinds such as next weapon, jump, reload and so on. What do I put those on, on the different modes? The same? or do i click on inherit? Thanks in advance.

Also, the deactivation of build mode is on harvest button. Does this mean that when in a fight, to get the hip sensitivity again, I must grab my harvest tool first? Or else it will still think that i'm in build mode.
Perhaps if I used the build mode button as my deactivation key as well?
« Last Edit: 06:57 PM - 06/05/18 by DeezMas »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
I have a hard time understanding some of the things.
Are you creating a new Config by yourself or are you using the Config I posted?

The one I posted not only has a special binds set in order to work, also has specific delay times set to change between modes and menus.
« Last Edit: 09:35 AM - 06/06/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bouwmaN-
I dont understand.. Why you should do this when you have automatic mapped M1/M2 on wall/stairs (builder pro).

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
I dont understand.. Why you should do this when you have automatic mapped M1/M2 on wall/stairs (builder pro).
Sensitivity when right click slows down stairs when turning very costly.
This reduces the slow sensitivity when using stairs

Edit : tried it bugs out way to often
Open inventory keeps spamming up
« Last Edit: 08:48 AM - 06/06/18 by Cyanic »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Sensitivity when right click slows down stairs when turning very costly.
This reduces the slow sensitivity when using stairs

Edit : tried it bugs out way to often
Open inventory keeps spamming up

There is something wrong with your setup.

Inventory spams because on the Inventory Subconfig key binds, you have a key binded to Inventory button, you have to disabled, remove the key assign to this button (on the Inventory Subconfig), let it on NONE as I mention in the guide.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Also:
+ Fixes the issue of have to disable the ADS Translator or use a secondary keybind for ADS.

+ You can use a ballistic curve to do a full 360 with a short flick, to make boxes. If you are low sensitive player this is a welcome feature.

+ Change Sensitivity on fly

+ Remap buttons on fly. Some players prefer build keys on different buttons, is completely optional

e.g. I use the Orbweaver, its d-pad is my weapon selector on combat mode, on build mode it turns into build piece selector
my movement fingers never leaves its keys hence mobility

If you think it is not useful for you, you do not need it. Maybe you miss out on some additional functionality.

XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bouwmaN-
Also:
+ Fixes the issue of have to disable the ADS Translator or use a secondary keybind for ADS.

+ You can use a ballistic curve to do a full 360 with a short flick, to make boxes. If you are low sensitive player this is a welcome feature.

+ Change Sensitivity on fly

+ Remap buttons on fly. Some players prefer build keys on different buttons, is completely optional

e.g. I use the Orbweaver, its d-pad is my weapon selector on combat mode, on build mode it turns into build piece selector
my movement fingers never leaves its keys hence mobility

If you think it is not useful for you, you do not need it. Maybe you miss out on some additional functionality.

Your work is brilliant and i like it. But for me the "normal builder pro" works excellent. Maybe changing guns like 1,2,3,4,5 would be great.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Your work is brilliant and i like it. But for me the "normal builder pro" works excellent. Maybe changing guns like 1,2,3,4,5 would be great.

Thanky :)

You're right, that will be the best layout ever... unfortunately is out of scope for XIM Manager and not a 100% reliable with scripts.

I wish Epic did same type of toggle for weapons selection, like press down Triangle and D-Pad left will select your first slot, D-Pad  right = Second, D-Pad  up1 = Third, D-Pad  down L1 = Forth, L3 = Fifth or... at minimum, exiting build mode by pressing build button gets you directly to your current slot always. But yeah...
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
Yeah someone asked if we needed to exit build mode by pick ax, then switch to weapon. Is this necessary? Would it be smart to add a small macro that presses Y, and immediately presses weapon swap. Or double taps Y..

Maybe itís not that big of a deal lol Iím just so used to build mode enter and build mode exit on the same button.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Neotralize

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: NEOTRALIZE
I'm still new with the xim and I'm confused as to where do you copy and paste the new configs at exactly. Is this done on the xim manager or do I require my pc? I'm interested on the higher sensitivity config., because I'm also a low sensitivity player.

Thanks in advance.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
I just record a video tutorial. Going to uploaded later, is going to be more easy to setup (I hope)
XIM APEX + Titan Two

Offline MitchDDon

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MitchDDon
I have been using your build curve and i must say it works really well, good work and thank you.

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
I just record a video tutorial. Going to uploaded later, is going to be more easy to setup (I hope)

Something is weird about it
Does editing mess up when using this setup ?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Yeah someone asked if we needed to exit build mode by pick ax, then switch to weapon. Is this necessary? Would it be smart to add a small macro that presses Y, and immediately presses weapon swap. Or double taps Y..

Maybe itís not that big of a deal lol Iím just so used to build mode enter and build mode exit on the same button.
This Config allows you to exit Build Mode with Build mode Button or Pickaxe Button, as usual completely transparent

Build button is our activation key to enter the BUILD MODE SUBCONFIG, and being a Toggle Build Button also is our exit button from the SubConfig. Being Pickaxe and extra Deactivation key is our way to say to XIM Manager that we also can get out of Build Mode by pressing this key.

XIM APEX + Titan Two