XIM Community

[Fortnite] How-To Create Expert Config - *VIDEO TUTORIAL* - *Fix UPDATE*  (Read 2949 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer

Features:
    Ľ Working Build-Mode Sub-Config
    Ľ Custom Sensitivity on Build Mode
    Ľ Optional Keys for: Wall, Floor, Stair, Roof

Requirements:
  • In Game Settings Builder Pro layout
  • Turbo Build On,
  • Reset Build Choice On
* NO EXTRA HARDWARE REQUIRED *

Customize the CONFIG Layout - set your key binds
This Config Layout has set specific binds to work properly. If you set your preferred key binds, make sure the changes you make follow the next instructions.

INSTRUCTIONS *IMPORTANT*.
  • Build Mode Sub-Config use an Activation key, must be same key of build button from HIP
  • Build Mode Sub-Config use a Deactivation key, must be same key of Harvest Tool from HIP
VERY IMPORTANT:
  • In the Build Mode Sub-Config: Smooth Aim Transition must be Disabled

• Inventory Sub-Config use an Activation key, must be same key of Inventory from HIP
  • Inventory Sub-Config has a Deactivation key, must be same key of build button from HIP
NOTICE:
-> On Build Mode Sub-Config key binds, build button must be set to NONE
-> On Inventory Sub-Config key binds, Inventory button must be set to NONE

Custom Build Keys for Wall, Floor, Stair and Roof
While you are on Build Mode, you can use the default mappings for your builds (Left Mouse Button = Wall, Right Mouse Button for Stair, etc) but if you want to use an optional set of keys for Wall, Floor, Stair, Roof.
Open the Secondary set and assign the keys you want for:
Fire (Wall), Next Weapon(Floor), ADS(Stair), Prev Weapon(Roof).

I recommend let the Left Mouse Button set on Fire in the Primary, so you can edit your builds by left clicking.

Heads up: Avoid duplicate key binds on your Primary,.
e.g. E for Next Weapon on Primary and E as ADS (stairs on the Secondary).

Custom Sensitivity for Building
Having a Build Mode Sub-Config allows you to set different XIM sensitivity while on this mode, for faster movement and turns.

OPTIONAL: Building Curve
I use a Ballistic Curve, to do full 360 turns in a short swipe, great for create a four wall box with a single movement.

Ballistic Curve 360 Turn for XIM4
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANgAwADQAMAA1ABMnOk5kfqPIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Ballistic Curve 360 Turn for XIM APEX
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAABfAL4BH4GDgeeCRkKlgwcDawPPBD0EqwUjBaUGJwbgB5kIUgkLCcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<
If you find the curve too aggressive, lower your Build Mode Sub-Config sensitivity or try a different curve.
My build mode sensitivity is 35% less than HIP when I use this curve.

If you are asking: Why is a Inventory Sub-Config?
is for exit inventory by pressing the build button, otherwise can mess things up (enter Build Mode sub-config, instead of get back to HIP controls).

And that's all folks.

Enjoy, I know that you will ;)

UPDATE Video Tutorial Added. I recommend to follow the tutorial and create your Expert Config from zero.
« Last Edit: 11:20 PM - 06/17/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX
PS4 ProASUS VG245H 24"Astro A40 TR MixAmpRazer OrbweaverTt Ventus RHyper XL
[Fortnite] XIM+TitanTwo: Turbo InstantBuild ScriptPC Build like Hotkeys Script

Offline Leger

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Leger
Just letting you know the XIM4 and XIM Apex codes at the top are in the wrong order!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Fixed, thanks for the heads up :)
XIM APEX

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
Great work, PTF.
 ;)

Online Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87
Great work! Appreciate all the effort.

I tried a building aux before and it always got messy.

My question, you build with holding keys on the keyboard? Instead of holding mouse buttons?
You find it convenient losing one movement finger in the heat of a build fight?
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300

Offline Cyanic

• View Profile
You use f1 f2 f3 f4 to build? By holding those keys down?
Sounds a lot more inconvenient compared to left/right mouse buttons

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
It says you can change the keybinds for F1-F4 as you like.

I will give this a try when I get home and see how it goes! Nothing to lose.

Very nice guide/tutorial and fancy forum formatting.

Thanks.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
You use f1 f2 f3 f4 to build? By holding those keys down?
Sounds a lot more inconvenient compared to left/right mouse buttons

My question, you build with holding keys on the keyboard? Instead of holding mouse buttons?
You find it convenient losing one movement finger in the heat of a build fight?

It says you can change the keybinds for F1-F4 as you like.
That's right, the F1-F4 keys are preset on the Config as a template, are not fixed you can change it for whatever keys  you want, those are the defaults on PC. Some players prefer use the ZXCT (Myth) or QEFC, etc.

I'm advocate the movement fingers must be on WASD keys as much as possible, for mobility. That's why I love the Orbweaver

I like the default buttons, I find more comfortable and intuitive to press the two main mouse buttons this is my current setup on Console
KeypadMouse
Forgot:
Middle button for Inventory

Ventus Z DPI buttons (two buttons next to Left Mouse Button) have a edge and its activation is by sliding the finger not pressing unlike G502 or G402.
« Last Edit: 11:30 AM - 06/05/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX

Offline masskiller19

• View Profile
Hi alan honestly great work on this loved reading it just wanted to ask is it possible to create a custom sensitivity for the building mode whilst not creating a build su config since i like to have the original button mappings for the apex so theres no need to change that - but sensitivity when building could certainly be increased to help

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ripk0n
Looking forward to trying this when i get off work. So to change the sensitivity of HIP is still under HIP and ADS sens is under ADS?
XBOX ONE X | PC | i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: Logitech G502 | DPI: 12000 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Plantronics RIG 400LX

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hi alan honestly great work on this loved reading it just wanted to ask is it possible to create a custom sensitivity for the building mode whilst not creating a build su config since i like to have the original button mappings for the apex so theres no need to change that - but sensitivity when building could certainly be increased to help

Thanks man.

Yeah that is pretty much there. The F1-F4 keys or custom keys are completely optional from the get-go build mode works with the default keybinds (left mouse button for wall, right mouse button, for stair etc). The custom keys are on the Secondary set of key binds... you can remove those if you want. I put F1, F2, F3, F4 on for an example and on purpose (nobody use those, and can't disrupt your controls) so you can use the original button mappiins if you want... I think those are the better, true power of Builder Pro.

I run this config for the ability of have a custom sensitivity on Build Mode ... help me a lot because I'm low sensitivity player and building a box of 4 walls is not that easy due the turn limit, and that curve makes wonders for me.
« Last Edit: 12:08 PM - 06/05/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX

Offline Torderro

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Buxsadme
Whoa. Great work on this post!! Iíve only tested out this before once trying my own ideas and stuff. Lol didnít work out for me too well, but now that youíve created this great tutorial / config Iím definitely gonna try it. Because who wouldnít want more sensitivity while building.
Bad sad Christmas.

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ripk0n
Forgot to ask. I have to enter build mode before selecting the piece? can you do one button building with this setup?
XBOX ONE X | PC | i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: Logitech G502 | DPI: 12000 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Plantronics RIG 400LX

Offline masskiller19

• View Profile

Thanks man.

Yeah that is pretty much there. The F1-F4 keys or custom keys are completely optional from the get-go build mode works with the default keybinds (left mouse button for wall, right mouse button, for stair etc). The custom keys are on the Secondary set of key binds... you can remove those if you want. I put F1, F2, F3, F4 on for an example and on purpose (nobody use those, and can't disrupt your controls) so you can use the original button mappiins if you want... I think those are the better, true power of Builder Pro.

I run this config for the ability of have a custom sensitivity on Build Mode ... help me a lot because I'm low sensitivity player and building a box of 4 walls is not that easy due the turn limit, and that curve makes wonders for me.

thanks bro :) right now caught up with exams but once im done im keeping that config saved and will test it out..peace :)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Forgot to ask. I have to enter build mode before selecting the piece? can you do one button building with this setup?
Nop just normal toggle build mode building... for one button building, you "need" scripts.

This only a offers you an optional mapping for your builds keys with XIM Manager and custom sensitivity while on build mode.

I said "need" because with Builder Pro you really don't. At least if you are PC player
« Last Edit: 02:48 PM - 06/05/18 by alanmcgregor »
XIM APEX