XIM Community

Still having issues with connectivity XIM Apex  (Read 147 times)

Offline Richie9210

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AllxDayxSavage
Still having issues with connectivity XIM Apex
« on: 09:51 PM - 05/26/18 »
I updated to the latest software and I'm still having issues to where the xim doest connect to the app nor does it read my mouse, keyboard, or xbox. I have to unplug it 3/4 times in order for it to read.

Xbox one

any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Still having issues with connectivity XIM Apex
« Reply #1 on: 08:28 AM - 05/27/18 »
About your connection issue with the console, Let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.

-

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue?

phone:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: third party hub, switch, extended cables, titan, cronus?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Richie9210

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:01 AM - 05/27/18 »
About your connection issue with the console, Let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.

-

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue?

phone:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: third party hub, switch, extended cables, titan, cronus?

Phone: IOS
Mouse: G502
Keyboard: Corsair
Hub: Apex hub

I have tried the hard reset without removing the plug and that didnt work, I will try the hard reset with removing the power plug. Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:33 AM - 05/27/18 »
About your issues with Manager, since the iOS 11 update users have had success by toggling bluetooth and airplane mode off and on again in both action center and phone settings. I recommend closing Manager and unplugging APEX before you attempt this again.

About your stability issue with the console, if your corsair keyboard has LEDs and a second cable attach the second cable to a power source that is not XIM like the console or a USB charger. If you still experience stability issues you may benefit from adding a powered hub or using a low power keyboard. APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)

Offline Richie9210

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:49 PM - 05/27/18 »
Alright, so Ive done the hard reset and unplugged the console...Still have the issue where the xim isn't reading the m&k, nor the controller. I have to hard reset the console every time in order for it to read.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:26 AM - 05/28/18 »
This could still be power related. You could try starting APEX with only the controller attached, then after startup add the mouse, then add the keyboard. If this doesn't help then see my post above for a potential solution.