XIM Community

Where are the software packages?  (Read 3938 times)

Offline GameJunky

• View Profile
Where are the software packages?
« on: 09:34 AM - 10/21/10 »
I have to agree with slayersteve. I'm new to XIM 360 and just ordered my first XIM2. I see in the picture it comes with software, but which software packages I don't know. I assume it is just the drivers and the xim software. I see there are several other programs out there that people are using, like XIMTWEAK and DEADZONE. Where you find these takes about 30min to an hour of reading to just locate where they are posted. Then wants you locate them you don't know if they are the most current version. I've read the XIM Bible and it even points to the XIM software from Sept 11 2008. I see there is and update in the downloads that's from May 15, 2009. It would be very nice if you could clicked on the downloads button above and it would list all the software out there and any updates it may have. I know there is probably some bad software out there, but you just need to have the downloads separated by XIM 360 downloads and community downloads. I think most people would know that the community downloads are at your own risk. You could even post a disclaimer on them. I really think most people would agree with this, especially new comers.

Thanks for your time.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Where are the software packages?
« Reply #1 on: 12:17 PM - 10/21/10 »
I have to agree with slayersteve. I'm new to XIM 360 and just ordered my first XIM2. I see in the picture it comes with software, but which software packages I don't know. I assume it is just the drivers and the xim software. I see there are several other programs out there that people are using, like XIMTWEAK and DEADZONE. Where you find these takes about 30min to an hour of reading to just locate where they are posted. Then wants you locate them you don't know if they are the most current version. I've read the XIM Bible and it even points to the XIM software from Sept 11 2008. I see there is and update in the downloads that's from May 15, 2009. It would be very nice if you could clicked on the downloads button above and it would list all the software out there and any updates it may have. I know there is probably some bad software out there, but you just need to have the downloads separated by XIM 360 downloads and community downloads. I think most people would know that the community downloads are at your own risk. You could even post a disclaimer on them. I really think most people would agree with this, especially new comers.

Thanks for your time.

You get all the software you need from this link: http://xim360.com/?page_id=8
There is a link to the Downloads section on every page of the website, it doesn't get much easier than that.

Third party software is not included in that obviously and can be found in the appropriate sections of the forum. When you are new to the XIM you should probably just stick with the 1st party software though.

The extras such as ximtweak are packaged with the software in the downloads section and can be found on your computer after you install in the install directory.

It's all pretty straight forward. People need to realize that the XIM2 is not a commercial for profit product. Its an enthusiast/hobby product and requires a bit of effort from the end user.

Offline GameJunky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:40 PM - 10/21/10 »
Thanks for the info. Point taken on being a enthusiast/hobby product. And take it easy on me. I'm new and it was just a suggestion not a good one, but still just feedback. No disrespect intended.

Offline Stabby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:58 PM - 12/03/10 »
So, that link appears to have died with the site redesign -- http://xim360.com/?page_id=8.   Can anyone point me in the right direction for the software? I'd like to have a backup copy around, just in case.

I haven't posted in over two years, but I never play a shooter without my XIM2 (DIY).  If it were to ever break, I'd go into mourning.  Good to see the XIM project and community is still going strong.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 05:27 PM - 12/03/10 »
I'll follow up with omg to figure out how to get those bits moved over to the new site.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: 06:55 PM - 12/03/10 »
Due to me also needing this.  Here is the newest XIM2 installer.
« Last Edit: 07:05 PM - 12/03/10 by abc123 »

Offline TyS

• View Profile
    • XimHub

Offline pcblaschka

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: realsacksmacker
« Reply #7 on: 10:39 PM - 03/30/13 »
OMG - you read my mind!  I just bought the XIM Edge and don't know what the heck to load on it!  Seriously?  And this is from Bend, OR?  A US company?  WHAT SW DO I USE?  Gawd almighty XIM, it isn't that hard - please post SW specific to the product.  If you need me to do so, let me know and I will help you!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:46 PM - 04/03/13 »
Check the Edge download section. You're in the XIM2 section.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos