XIM Community

Powered Hub = unresponsive KB&M  (Read 206 times)

Offline norcal3737

• View Profile
Powered Hub = unresponsive KB&M
« on: 11:10 AM - 05/17/18 »
So I just purchased a powered USB hub in preparations of possibly needing one once my Titan Two comes in.

I hooked it up last night, and all 3 controller inputs were unresponsive.  The PS Nav controller was blinking red any time it was plugged into the powered hub.

PS Nav, G502 mouse, and Xbox controller.

I basically removed the 3 inputs from the XIM hub, plugged them into the powered USB hub, and plugged the powered hub into the APEX module.

So controllers > Powered USB Hub > APEX > Xbox.

Do I still need to retain the XIM hub?  So the setup would be controllers > XIM Hub > Powered USB Hub > APEX > Xbox?

My friend mentioned that the xim hub may have importance to the functionality of everything working, and would still need to be used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to the hub I purchased:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQQDYQZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
G305, PS Nav
PUBG - Top 20 duo TPP, Top 100 duo FPP

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Powered Hub = unresponsive KB&M
« Reply #1 on: 11:36 AM - 05/17/18 »
Unfortunately USB3 hubs aren't guaranteed compatible with your XIM APEX.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline norcal3737

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:39 AM - 05/17/18 »
Unfortunately USB3 hubs aren't guaranteed compatible with your XIM APEX.

Ah ok.  Do you have a particular brand/model powered hub that you know for sure works?  I'd rather buy one if there's a particular proven model, so that I don't have to second guess.

TY for the headsup.
G305, PS Nav

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:45 AM - 05/17/18 »
Any USB2 hub will work (meaning, we don't have any reports of a USB2 not working). But, hopefully someone can give you a recommendation.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:22 PM - 05/17/18 »
There are numerous ways to add power to your setup without a second USB hub.

1. Apex has a power port for a wall wart.
2. Titan Two has a power port for a wall wart.
3. Titan Two has a PROG port that can be used as a USB power supply when connected to PC or Mac.
4. A USB switch can be added to your setup to swap m/kb from PC to Xim. IOGear / Aten USB switches have an optional 5V USB power port on the front.

Also, from memory the controller and Nav may need to be plugged into specific USB ports. The port numbers will vary depending on the hub. So try moving them around on the USB hub.

Offline norcal3737

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:58 AM - 05/21/18 »
I tried plugging the 5V/3A wall power adapter into the XIM hub.  Everything seemed 'fine', but after about 3-4 hours of game play my PS Nav started to blink red lights (never done that before).  I'd reset the APEX (shut all devices off and pull the apex out of the console), and still get the issue.

Ended up being the battery lost its charge.  Like somehow the power source didn't provide any power to the NAV in any manner.  I had to unplug the power adapter and keep it off.  The Nav was back to normal after re-charging.

When the Titan arrives this week I'll try plugging the power into the Titan.
G305, PS Nav