XIM Community

hold off on purchasing those frag pedals folks  (Read 184 times)

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline Grarrg

• View Profile
Re: hold off on purchasing those frag pedals folks
« Reply #1 on: 10:01 AM - 05/17/18 »
I see what you are saying but that isn't a pedal.
The video showed a pedal and it actually looked like a Scythe pedal.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #2 on: 03:34 PM - 05/17/18 »
I see what you are saying but that isn't a pedal.
The video showed a pedal and it actually looked like a Scythe pedal.

honestly i wasn't actually referring to the pedal shown in vid though but rather the  expandability of that controller. looks like all sorts of different types of joysticks trigger buttons etc will be supported.

could prove to be amazing for players who prefer to use keyboard alternatives plus mouse.

who knows maybe those frag pedals will be supported by that controller.
« Last Edit: 03:41 PM - 05/17/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:52 PM - 05/17/18 »
J2K is adding a HID configuration to Titan Two specifically for the Fragpedals to fix the incorrect range of movement when it's connected to a non-PC device. That'll be done in a couple of weeks.

I've had my Fradpedals for a few weeks now and these are the first "pedals" that I've actually used and enjoyed. I've owned the Stinky Board for years, but it's clunky and noisy...just not a good user experience. Fragpedals are essentially small clicky buttons for your foot, not dissimilar to a kb key or controller button tucked in below a foot ramp, so they're responsive and quiet.

If you check the Titan forums you'll find the code I'm using to correct the Fragpedal input. The downside is it interferes with get_actual requests in other mods, but otherwise it works really well. I'm using the Frags for one-click and turbo building in Fortnite and as a mod killswitch when held. It has equal application for things like reload, sprint, d-pad and toggles.

Overall, I'm happy with the buy and use the Fragpedals all the time. The only issue is they're not robust and will slide around, so I've used velcro tape to stick them to a floor protector.

On-topic, this is a great move by Microsoft, the disabled gamer community is huge. This may also help devices like Xim and Titans to be more acceptable in the broader gaming community and help wash away the 'cheating' stigma. Sure, there are those among us who use them to gain an advantage, but many people can't game on console without them.
« Last Edit: 03:58 PM - 05/17/18 by antithesis »