XIM Community

Poll

Do you play Fornite with Aim Assist ON or OFF?

ON
22 (91.7%)
OFF
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: 02:49 PM - 06/15/18

Fortnite Aim Assist ON/OFF  (Read 219 times)

Offline Cassidy

• View Profile
Fortnite Aim Assist ON/OFF
« on: 02:49 PM - 05/16/18 »
Created this poll to see how many people play console Fortnite with aim assist on or off.

What do you think is better?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite Aim Assist ON/OFF
« Reply #1 on: 02:53 PM - 05/16/18 »
there is no better, its all personal preference

some people have an incredible aim, the aim assist might annoy or hinder them
other people dont, they will be better with aim assist
then there are people who like to have the middle of the two, or those that in general want the closest pc feeling that you can get (so no aim assist)

you should really try both and see what works best for you
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline BiggABennE

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BiggABennE
Re: Fortnite Aim Assist ON/OFF
« Reply #2 on: 03:41 PM - 05/16/18 »
I had it off at first because it would cause my cursor to go away from targets within the 1 foot range. Felt like a magnet opposing force when i tried to precision aim.

Then i got fed up with getting killed by people in ridiculous situations where they had their back to me (could not believe there were thousands of people wkth amazing controller aim or even m and kb) so i turned it back on and now its working well for me and im getting a lot of kills. The one thing i notice is after an enemy is eliminated and their textures dissapear there is a small moment when the aim assist keeps aiming at their loot.

When aim assist was fighting my aim movements i was on an older firmware than the current official firmware.   

I also noticed aim mechanics in rainbow 6 siege improved a lot where before i could not do fast long mouse sweeps/flicks due to sensitivity/acceleration loss compared to small fast movements.  No other settings were changed when comparing these aims/firmwares.  Original firmware i used was the EX0 beta now im on the 4122018 i think it is.