XIM Community

12k DPI Not working after restarting Xbox  (Read 132 times)

Offline Beefhammer

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Beef Hammer54
12k DPI Not working after restarting Xbox
« on: 12:31 PM - 05/16/18 »
Hi guys Iím new here and yesterday was my first day with the xim apex, I had perfect settings last night for pub G with 12k DPI at 1000hz. I turn on my Xbox today and queue up in a game and my mouse sens is extremely low to the point of being unusable. Is this a widely known issue that when you restart your Xbox the dpi settings from the xim donít carry over to next play session? I had to factory reset my apex to get 12k dpi to function again. Please someone help!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 12k DPI Not working after restarting Xbox
« Reply #1 on: 12:36 PM - 05/16/18 »
Welcome to the community. XIM has no control over you mouse DPI. You may need to press the DPI + button a few times each time your mouse is powered on.

If your mouse is set to the maximum DPI then you may have not restarted your XIM after adjusting the response rate. You could also be using an older firmware. I recommend updating to this build if you're not on it already, set your APEX response rate, then restart APEX for the change to take effect. You shouldn't experience this issue if you follow these directions.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Beefhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:41 PM - 05/16/18 »
Welcome to the community. XIM has no control over you mouse DPI. You may need to press the DPI + button a few times each time your mouse is powered on.

If your mouse is set to the maximum DPI then you may have not restarted your XIM after adjusting the response rate. You could also be using an older firmware. I recommend updating to this build if you're not on it already, set your APEX response rate, then restart APEX for the change to take effect. You shouldn't experience this issue if you follow these directions.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

Ok so like I said Iím still a noob when it comes to all this stuff. So essentially it should work the same after each time I restart my xbox? Thatís the problem Iím having. I have my settings perfect but when I turn off Xbox and turn off itís like my Mouses sensitivity is drastically lower. Can you explain to me where I access response rate and how I go about resetting the apex? I am on the latest firmware as well!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:48 PM - 05/16/18 »
Some mice require that you adjust the DPI using the DPI + and - buttons each time they are turned on.

On older APEX firmware no, you must restart APEX after changing it's response rate for the change to take effect. This can could affect sensitivity on older builds. On current builds the synchronization setting can affect sensitivity.

I assumed you had adjusted response rate in menu-global settings. If you haven't then you don'tn need to worry about this.

Offline Beefhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:52 PM - 05/16/18 »
If it makes a difference Iím using Logitech g502 with only 1 active profile on it and the only dpi setting I have on it is 12000. I removed all other dpi shift settings. But I did a factory reset on xim and now it works again. Just hoping I donít need to do this every time! Thank you for the feedback by the way itís much appreciated from someone who is extremely new to the m&k scene

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:25 PM - 05/16/18 »
Thanks for clarifying, if you only have one profile and one DPI on the mouse then I can only think of three reasons that you experienced this.

1) The wrong config was loaded. XIM loads the first config in the config list, not the last active config. This can confuse some new users.
2) APEX was using an outdated firmware and the response rate was changed but APEX wasn't restarted. This would cause your issue of dialing in your sensitivity one night, turning everything off, then the sensitivity is very low the next time APEX is started. This is because the response rate change doesn't take effect until APEX is restarted.
3) You may have changed the synchronize setting in the aim section of your config between the two sessions. Changing this setting will adjust sensitivity scale.

Let us know if anything else comes up. :)

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:07 PM - 05/16/18 »
Thanks for clarifying, if you only have one profile and one DPI on the mouse then I can only think of three reasons that you experienced this.

1) The wrong config was loaded. XIM loads the first config in the config list, not the last active config. This can confuse some new users.

Number 1 caught me out on a number of occasions!  Now I just remember what colours are what on the Xim!

Offline Beefhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:20 PM - 05/16/18 »
Well I just reset my Xbox again, I only have 1 config set up, 1 profile on my mouse with only 12k dpi on the profile and still having the slow sensitivity. I have to reset my xims firmware every time for it to be able to use my dpi. Itís extremely frustrating I donít know what Iím doing wrong.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:58 PM - 05/17/18 »
Are you changing the Apex's response rate from 125Hz to 1000Hz in Global Settings, then not unplugging / replugging the Apex for the change to take effect? If not, the next time you shut down and boot up the console, your sensitivity values will be very slow, if using older Apex firmware.

Alternately, check your default DPI in Logitech Gaming Software. I had slow aim yesterday and later realised my G Pro was set to 800 DPI by default instead of 3200.