XIM Community

Is it possible to only use a mouse with the XIM Apex?  (Read 138 times)

Offline KillerTrickyFox

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KillerTrickyFox
I have been looking into buying a XIM Apex for the past couple of days and I keep seeing the same problem with Fortnite. When switching weapons the isn't just a one button press. I have seen where people combine a XIM Apex and an Titan 2 to combat this but I don't want to get both. I play on the Xbox one and I have noticed with Fortnite that the keyboard is supported but the mouse isn't. I was just wondering If I could only plug the mouse into the XIM for aiming then I can use the keybinds for the keyboard that they already have.

Offline Pick-Six

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to only use a mouse with the XIM Apex?
« Reply #1 on: 11:40 AM - 05/16/18 »
Consoles think the xim is a controller. I have never seen a game where you use a native keyboard and controller simulateously. I guess you could test it by plugging in your keyboard and controller into Xbox and try to use controller stick for movement and keyboard for buttons at same time  but I really doubt that works.
« Last Edit: 11:45 AM - 05/16/18 by Pick-Six »

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
Re: Is it possible to only use a mouse with the XIM Apex?
« Reply #2 on: 03:09 PM - 05/16/18 »
For PS4, doesn't work.

I mean, yes you can use the mouse only with XIM, no problem (console detect it like a regular controller) and the native keyboard, but when you move the controller (mouse via XIM) you can't use the keyboard simultaneously when you press any key on the keyboard there is a switch on input, a very strong delay 5 or more seconds, where controller stops working because the native keyboard takes over.

I don't know if is the same case on Xbox.

In all honesty, Builder Pro is amazing to use with XIM only if you are very used to PC controls, getting a XIM link, or T2 will be worth it but not necessary.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L
[Fortnite] XIM4/APEX + T2 | TurboBuild Script