XIM Community

Fortnite sniping micro movements.  (Read 463 times)

Offline Iconnics

• View Profile
Fortnite sniping micro movements.
« on: 12:16 PM - 05/15/18 »
Hi all. I recently was running 12k dpi with the g502 at 1000hz polling and the XIM at 1000hz as well. I was also running a common sync with no smoothing. I was getting a notchy/stuttering feeling on my precise movements while using a sniper which made me super inaccurate. I changed to 4K dpi and 500hz polling and 500hz on the XIM as of today. This helped significantly. Iím still running. Zero smoothing and I was basically wondering if this is the best settings for reducing that micro movement notchiness when sniping long range and making small movements. Iím running 12hip and 6.50 ads. In game sens maxed out except sniper. Itís at .85...should I change that? I thought lowering it might help.

Anyway, finally getting my settings down really well. This feels best for me for anyone who is struggling with my same issues. If I can make it better by adding smoothing or changing my in game scope sens lemme know. For now this feels miles better.

Have a great day.

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
Re: Fortnite sniping micro movements.
« Reply #1 on: 01:53 PM - 05/15/18 »
the g502 on common sync shouldnt be doing that. i dont think its jitter or pixel skipping but acually the super strong fortnite aim assist making your movement feel like its pixel skipping maybe. does it do it when youre scoping in on a far target thats not another player?

but yea people say 3200 or 4k dpi makes the the mouse movement more analog stick like and makes it cut in and out of the aa slow down bubble better without your aim getting pulled around as much
« Last Edit: 02:00 PM - 05/15/18 by BeastModeJ »

Offline bouwman

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sjaakieJ
« Reply #2 on: 02:39 PM - 05/15/18 »
are you still using common sync?

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
« Reply #3 on: 05:03 PM - 05/15/18 »
yep, that's why we veteran XIM users use 3200 - 4000dpi at 500Hz response rate.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L
[Fortnite] XIM4/APEX + T2 | TurboBuild Script

Offline Iconnics

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:30 PM - 05/15/18 »
the g502 on common sync shouldnt be doing that. i dont think its jitter or pixel skipping but acually the super strong fortnite aim assist making your movement feel like its pixel skipping maybe. does it do it when youre scoping in on a far target thats not another player?

but yea people say 3200 or 4k dpi makes the the mouse movement more analog stick like and makes it cut in and out of the aa slow down bubble better without your aim getting pulled around as much

It still does it on targets that arenít other players and does it with aim assist disabled as well. Lowering dpi and polling rates definitely helped significantly. Thinking of trying out a little bit of smoothing but I think for now I got it to be as good as I can!

Offline Iconnics

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:31 PM - 05/15/18 »
are you still using common sync?

Yes that variable didnít change. Iíve tried other sync options and this one feels most natural to me as far as a 60fps game like fortnite.

Offline Iconnics

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:32 PM - 05/15/18 »

Yeah I was seeing this everywhere and Iím glad I went with it. Made everything smoother and easier to track!

Offline Nate36

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:43 PM - 05/15/18 »

Yeah I was seeing this everywhere and Iím glad I went with it. Made everything smoother and easier to track!
is that 500hz for mouse and xim manager?

Offline Iconnics

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:53 AM - 05/16/18 »

I personally have tried 500hz on the mouse and 500hz on the manager but I think I like 1000hz on the mouse and 500hz on the manager.

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
« Reply #9 on: 03:43 PM - 05/16/18 »

I personally have tried 500hz on the mouse and 500hz on the manager but I think I like 1000hz on the mouse and 500hz on the manager.
it does the same.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L
[Fortnite] XIM4/APEX + T2 | TurboBuild Script

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:47 PM - 05/16/18 »
The Xim will filter the 1000Hz input polling down to 500Hz output to the console. As alan said, it should be the same, however if the mouse has problems holding 1000Hz or you experience jitter on the mouse, you're better off switching it to 500Hz.

Online thediscobiscuits

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #11 on: 01:48 PM - 05/17/18 »
For some reason I can't really feel AA when I'm scoped in with a sniper rifle, even though I just headshotted 3 people on my own lol... are you supposed to feel the AA with it scoped in? I'm on 3200 dpi 1000 hz (not changing that lol).

My sniper scope sens in fortnite settings is maxed to 1 like everything else. Should I lower the sens or will that not do anything?
Never had a home like this and the prophets said be careful what you wish. Never had to think twice always knew my home was in paradise.

Xim Apex - PC i7-4790k w/ Win7 - PS4 Pro - Zowie EC2-B @ 3200 DPI 1000Hz - Zowie G-SR Mousepad - Zowie Camade Mouse Bungee - BenQ XL2411Z Monitor - Audio Technica ATH-AD700X w/ Antlion ModMic - Turtle Beach DSS2

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:01 PM - 05/17/18 »
I don't think AA applies to sniping due to bullet drop. We need to be able to lead the target and that's very difficult with AA.

I changed my sniper sens to 0.75 for better micro-movement control.

Online thediscobiscuits

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #13 on: 09:50 PM - 05/17/18 »
I don't think AA applies to sniping due to bullet drop. We need to be able to lead the target and that's very difficult with AA.

Cool. I have all my sens maxed in settings. sniper sens doesnt have to be though right?

I headshotted like 3 kids with a gold snipe regardless it was pretty fun lol
Never had a home like this and the prophets said be careful what you wish. Never had to think twice always knew my home was in paradise.

Xim Apex - PC i7-4790k w/ Win7 - PS4 Pro - Zowie EC2-B @ 3200 DPI 1000Hz - Zowie G-SR Mousepad - Zowie Camade Mouse Bungee - BenQ XL2411Z Monitor - Audio Technica ATH-AD700X w/ Antlion ModMic - Turtle Beach DSS2

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:53 AM - 05/18/18 »

I also have my sniper ADS at 0.76. It feels excellent - great tracking and not too much AA.