XIM Community

4K monitor  (Read 312 times)

Offline chad20

• View Profile
4K monitor
« on: 04:39 AM - 05/15/18 »
My monitor is starting to go out so itís time for an upgrade. I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one x so I would like to get a 4K monitor. Iím just not sure what I should get. I would like to spend around $500-&600 but can spend more if I have to. Thank you.

Offline AoxomoxoA

• View Profile
Re: 4K monitor
« Reply #1 on: 05:00 AM - 05/15/18 »
BenQ/ZOWIE is your best bet, in my opinion, they're expensive but well worth the money. there's a reason all the Cod, Gow, and Halo pros use them. The Acer Predator is a nice alternative if you can't afford a Zowie monitor.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #2 on: 05:01 AM - 05/15/18 »
My monitor is starting to go out so itís time for an upgrade. I have a ps4 pro and a Xbox one x so I would like to get a 4K monitor. Iím just not sure what I should get. I would like to spend around $500-&600 but can spend more if I have to. Thank you.

I just bought this one ( in UK)  its  amazing.  Wish I had been playing on monitor from day 1.

Here is link.  Samsung U28H750UQU 27.9-Inch 4K Ultra HD TN Computer Monitor - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0711S2JHQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf     

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #3 on: 05:21 AM - 05/15/18 »

I just bought this one ( in UK)  its  amazing.  Wish I had been playing on monitor from day 1.

Here is link.  Samsung U28H750UQU 27.9-Inch 4K Ultra HD TN Computer Monitor - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0711S2JHQ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf     

And I have the LG 27UD58: IPS panel with AMD Freesync. Looks amazing, IMO.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:21 AM - 05/15/18 »
Hold off til more Freesync 2 monitors come out then grab one of these. I think at the moment only Acer, BenQ and Samsung have these monitors.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:33 AM - 05/17/18 »
BenQ/ZOWIE is your best bet, in my opinion, they're expensive but well worth the money. there's a reason all the Cod, Gow, and Halo pros use them. The Acer Predator is a nice alternative if you can't afford a Zowie monitor.
BenQ produces very good screens, but never buy anything based on what a pro uses. They're paid to endorse specific products, whether or not they personally believe them to be the best or not. Astro and Razer are perfect examples of trash products with premium pricetags cashing in on the gaming market.

Do some research and spend your money on what you think is the best for you. BenQ, Asus, LG and Samsung are all making great monitors these days.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #8 on: 03:38 PM - 05/17/18 »
BenQ produces very good screens, but never buy anything based on what a pro uses. They're paid to endorse specific products, whether or not they personally believe them to be the best or not. Astro and Razer are perfect examples of trash products with premium pricetags cashing in on the gaming market.

Do some research and spend your money on what you think is the best for you. BenQ, Asus, LG and Samsung are all making great monitors these days.

if only EVERYONE was as sensible as you are.. not being sarcastic.
100% serious m8.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline Catacomb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:47 PM - 05/17/18 »
I have a LG 32UD59 and it looks awesome with the PS4 pro

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:09 PM - 05/21/18 »
And don't make the same mistake I did - saving a buck by buying an older 4k monitor , the ASUS PB287Q , which turned out not to have an HDMI 2.0 input and so was only capable of 4k via DisplayPort, and thus useless for an XBox One X or S.