XIM Community

Looking for a new mouse  (Read 438 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
  • Bad hombre.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a new mouse
« Reply #15 on: 05:18 PM - 05/15/18 »
Zowie EC1-A or EC1-B best for large hands and palm griper.

If you can find a G402 will be awesome. Large palm griper, lighter than G502, similar layout (buttons) and same precision.
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt esports Ventus R - Hyper XL

Offline juxtaposn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:14 PM - 05/15/18 »
everybody except one has mentioned logitech -- is that because of any special synergy with xim, or is razer considered @#$%/of poorer quality or something?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #17 on: 02:45 AM - 05/16/18 »
everybody except one has mentioned logitech -- is that because of any special synergy with xim, or is razer considered @#$%/of poorer quality or something?
Modern Logitech (and modern SteelSeries and even modern Razer) mice use variations of Pixart's PMW 3360 sensor. That optical sensor is considered the best currently available, not just for XIM, but for gaming in general.

The problem with Razer mice, is that up 'til recently, they used inferior sensors, usually laser, and they didn't have onboard memory. The latter isn't usually a problem if the mouse is hooked up to a PC, but it won't retain any customised settings when unplugged and attached to the XIM: big problem for XIMmers.

You can find some excellent non-Logitech mice, but there's also many poor gaming mice out there, so you need to know what you're looking for (check out RocketJumpNinja's reviews and opinions on YT).

Fact is, Logitech mice are easy to recommend as the XIM plays very well with them .
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:34 AM - 05/16/18 »
I actually have a razer deathadder elite (one of the latest razer mice) honestly itís a good mouse. The only reason I stopped using it is because it was too big and I didnít particularly like the shape. After that I got 2 different mice the Logitech g pro and the Logitech g903 and both are fantastic mice, top notch quality. Logitech is just one of the best PC gaming peripheral manufacturers if not the best, so it makes sense that their products work great with a XIM as well.
« Last Edit: 07:45 AM - 05/16/18 by MercyOneTrick »
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition
Roccat Alumic mouse pad (black speed side)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #19 on: 08:19 AM - 05/16/18 »

I think Logitech's are too hyped up here. They are great quality and they are indeed top quality products,  but they are just the easy way out to recommend something because they are so safe - meanwhile people on here are missing out on trying some mice that may be better shaped for their hands and grip which is also very important. In the last few months I have tested out:

G502, Corsair M65 Pro, Corsair Glaive, Rival 600, G403, Nixeus Revel, Kone Aimo, Kone XTD, Rival 310, FinalMouse Ultralight Pro, Cougar Revenger and EC2-B and I have a Fnatic Flick 2 on the way.

Not one performed poorly with the Apex. As far as tracking goes they were all the same to me really. Of course they are all running a version of the 3360 sensor, so as you see Logitech is not the only game out there.

The reasons one or the other got returned or sold was due to size, shape, build quality or button performance.

I am keeping the Rival 600, Finalmouse Ultralight Pro and maybe the Kone Aimo.
« Last Edit: 08:36 AM - 05/16/18 by PixelSquish »

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:28 PM - 05/16/18 »
I think Logitech's are too hyped up here. They are great quality and they are indeed top quality products,  but they are just the easy way out to recommend something because they are so safe - meanwhile people on here are missing out on trying some mice that may be better shaped for their hands and grip which is also very important. In the last few months I have tested out:

G502, Corsair M65 Pro, Corsair Glaive, Rival 600, G403, Nixeus Revel, Kone Aimo, Kone XTD, Rival 310, FinalMouse Ultralight Pro, Cougar Revenger and EC2-B and I have a Fnatic Flick 2 on the way.

Not one performed poorly with the Apex. As far as tracking goes they were all the same to me really. Of course they are all running a version of the 3360 sensor, so as you see Logitech is not the only game out there.

The reasons one or the other got returned or sold was due to size, shape, build quality or button performance.

I am keeping the Rival 600, Finalmouse Ultralight Pro and maybe the Kone Aimo.
I mean, Logitech mice certainly arenít the end all be all for XIM. You can absolutely go with another brand (such as Zowie, Corsair, Razer, SteelSeries, finalmouse etc.) and still have a great experience. I actually have a razer deathadder which I used with my xim4 for a while and it worked great. Only reason I stopped using it was because it was a little too big for my tastes and I didnít really like the shape but it was still a good mouse. Most quality brands of mice will work great with XIM, I just think thereís a lot of Logitech mice fans on here (Iím one of em lol) and for good reason.
« Last Edit: 01:34 PM - 05/16/18 by MercyOneTrick »
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition
Roccat Alumic mouse pad (black speed side)