XIM Community

Some questions about 1000Hz configuration  (Read 461 times)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MssAmanda
Some questions about 1000Hz configuration
« on: 04:59 PM - 05/13/18 »
Hi :)

I was using the XIM4 for over a year now and I loved it, so I upgraded to APEX yesterday ;D I mostly play CoD WWII, so my preferred sensitivities for this game are 12 hip, 5 ads. These are the values I had on XIM4, so did on APEX during the initial setup. Then I noticed in advanced settings that 125Hz polling rate was selected. In order to take full advantage of my Logitech G Pro mouse (12k dpi, 1000Hz), I changed the polling rate to 1000Hz via the android app, then I restarted my PS4 console as advised (full power off/on cycle, so APEX led went off, then on again).

After that, the 1000Hz indication appears on the mobile app home page. Here's my question:
The exact same sensitivity values (12 hip, 5 ads) still work flawlessly for me at 1000Hz. However, all people on this forum say that when you change the polling rate from 125 to 1000Hz, you must bump up your sensitivities accordingly (multiply x8 in this case). How is this even possible the exact same values to work for both polling rates (125 and 1000Hz) without me noticing any difference on the mouse?

Am I missing something? My mouse functions at 1000Hz, I checked it inside the Logitech app. I use the latest APEX firmware and have the mobile app updated to the latest build. Could the new firmware auto scale the sensitivity values, so no more manual multiplications needed when switching polling rate? How do I know that I am actually playing on 1000Hz? I mean, I feel the smoothness on my aim and the app does display 1000Hz, but I'm not sure at all, could this be a false indication??

I attach some screenshots form the android app as well, these may be helpful.

« Last Edit: 06:20 PM - 05/13/18 by mist4fun »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about 1000Hz configuration
« Reply #1 on: 06:21 PM - 05/13/18 »
In the latest firmware sensitivity scale isn't bound to response rate. What you've read was true in previous builds. Sensitivity scale is now bound to synchronize on each page of your config.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MssAmanda
« Reply #2 on: 04:20 AM - 05/14/18 »
Thank you :) So I suppose I'm good to go and I am actually playing on 1000Hz now? I mean, I do feel the smoothness on the mouse, just want to be 100% sure that there is nothing wrong with my settings.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:25 AM - 05/14/18 »
Sync could be adjusted, you may have more responsive results using some of the other sync settings. I recommend trying others to see what works for you in this game. If after changing sync you find that movement is more responsive but a slight jitter with small movement is introduced then add smoothing in increments of 1 as needed. Less is more with smoothing, use just enough to eliminate the jitter.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:27 PM - 05/15/18 »
thanks for the thread. so just to be clear, the hz rating on the apex and the mouse have no effect on sensitivity now right?

Offline Razortechrs

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xW 4 R L 1 K 3
« Reply #5 on: 05:11 AM - 05/16/18 »
Sync could be adjusted, you may have more responsive results using some of the other sync settings. I recommend trying others to see what works for you in this game. If after changing sync you find that movement is more responsive but a slight jitter with small movement is introduced then add smoothing in increments of 1 as needed. Less is more with smoothing, use just enough to eliminate the jitter.

Donít mean to be off topic. But you said bump smoothing up by 1 until itís gone. What if itís never gone? I seem to have jitter regardless of smoothing/ synchro setting. Even at 500hz

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:40 AM - 05/16/18 »
In this case then jitter may not be due to the sync setting you're using, it could be game, curve, or mouse related. Go down this troubleshoot list to solve.

- Set APEX response rate to 125hz and restart APEX for the change to take effect
- Create a new config for your game and give it another name. Do not make expert settings or change sync from default.
- Check your mouse sensor and pad for dirt or debris
- Verify your in-game settings match: http://xim.tech/settings
- Try lowering your XIM sensitivity
- Test another mouse

Once you've found and fixed your jitter you can then start introducing extra's like a higher response rate or expert settings.

thanks for the thread. so just to be clear, the hz rating on the apex and the mouse have no effect on sensitivity now right?

Correct. Adjusting sync will affect sensitivity scale.

Offline Razortechrs

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xW 4 R L 1 K 3
« Reply #7 on: 04:03 PM - 05/16/18 »
In this case then jitter may not be due to the sync setting you're using, it could be game, curve, or mouse related. Go down this troubleshoot list to solve.

- Set APEX response rate to 125hz and restart APEX for the change to take effect
- Create a new config for your game and give it another name. Do not make expert settings or change sync from default.
- Check your mouse sensor and pad for dirt or debris
- Verify your in-game settings match: http://xim.tech/settings
- Try lowering your XIM sensitivity
- Test another mouse

Once you've found and fixed your jitter you can then start introducing extra's like a higher response rate or expert settings.

Correct. Adjusting sync will affect sensitivity scale.

Thanks Iíll give some of those things a try. I had better performance in game before the new firmware came out. But Iím trying to narrow it down today. I also switched from 12k dpi to 3500 dpi. Hopefully that will help and upgraded to a hard Logitech pad👍