XIM Community

Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist  (Read 2673 times)

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
Re: Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist
« Reply #30 on: 10:36 PM - 05/17/18 »
Is there any consensus for 500 Hz polling rate vs. 1000 in Fortnite? I've been running 3200 DPI based on this video's recommendations and been doing a bit better than when I used to run 12k DPI.

i will upload a polling rate tutorial next, here is the short version of it

go on this website and test if your mouse can do steady 1000hz by drawing very fast circles
if it doesnt then go 500hz for both the xim and the mouse

https://zowie.benq.com/en-eu/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

I'm running consistently at 960-980 Hz. Is this okay? Or should I drop down to 500 Hz?

Also, when lowering DPI and thus increasing aim assist, do you recommend adding a curve, such as RML's anti aim assist curve?

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:06 AM - 05/18/18 »
I'm running consistently at 960-980 Hz. Is this okay? Or should I drop down to 500 Hz?

Also, when lowering DPI and thus increasing aim assist, do you recommend adding a curve, such as RML's anti aim assist curve?

Thats what my pretty much all my devices seem to register using the Zowie website, and the mouserate.exe, however, using the Direct Input Mouse Rate application, they all hit over the 1Khz mark consistently.

I'm using my mouse at 500hz in any case on the basis that when it's set to 1Khz, and using the test methods above, unless I am moving my mouse about like a crazy fool, it generally gets nowhere near the 1Khz mark, and when playing games, I don't generally move my mouse in such a manner, so figured it a better option.

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08:35 AM - 05/18/18 »

Thats what my pretty much all my devices seem to register using the Zowie website, and the mouserate.exe, however, using the Direct Input Mouse Rate application, they all hit over the 1Khz mark consistently.

I'm using my mouse at 500hz in any case on the basis that when it's set to 1Khz, and using the test methods above, unless I am moving my mouse about like a crazy fool, it generally gets nowhere near the 1Khz mark, and when playing games, I don't generally move my mouse in such a manner, so figured it a better option.

Awesome explanation, makes perfect sense. I will most likely be using 500 Hz from now on - both mouse configuration and XIM manager. I suppose it also feels more comfortable too.

When I move my mouse around slowly, I am getting 600-800 Hz. It takes a lot of fast movements to get up to 960-990. I am a wrist aimer and tend to move quickly, but micro movements are definitely an exception.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:19 AM - 05/18/18 »
those polling rate tests arent all that accurate but they show a rough result of what the mouse is capable of
most mice arent designed to hit constant 1000hz so usually 500hz is a more reliable polling rate

as for the RML ballistic curve, no i wouldnt use it for now
give it a few games first before you add a curve for your new dpi level, the reason is that curves have a much larger impact on your muscle memory and mouse precision than changing the dpi for a small aim assist adjustment
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline SourWax702

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SourWax702
« Reply #34 on: 09:33 PM - 06/17/18 »
 i have a Perixx MX‑2000 IIB mouse what would be the best polling and dpi for PubG ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07:40 AM - 06/18/18 »
i have a Perixx MX‑2000 IIB mouse what would be the best polling and dpi for PubG ?

DPI probably 3000-4000 and in terms of polling rate you have to test it by your own as every mouse is different
here you can find a tutorial on how to find your best mouse polling rate:

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66646.0;topicseen
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum