XIM Community

Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist  (Read 2667 times)

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
Re: Tutorial - How To Increase & Decrease Aim Assist
« Reply #15 on: 03:26 AM - 05/15/18 »
Hello Odin
Do I understand this in the right manner?
To have a good AA my sampling rate should be 500Hz (with my mouse and the Xim)
And the sync on common and DPI on 4000.
That's exactly how I play:
Razer Basilisk 500Hz 4000Dpi
Xim Apex 500Hz
Sync Common
Hip: 16 / Ads: 13
COD WW2
Are the good conditions that the AA works well?

your basilisk will perform best at 1800DPI or lower. I own one and tested more combos than I would like to admit. I use a g pro now though.

that said there are ways to make low dpi play nicely with xim.

I recommend you test these dpi steps

400 , 450, 800, 1350, 1800. these were my favorite dpi values with the basilisk.

also if you do not know this already you can run the basilisk at 1,000Hz without Synapse but only by setting your profile via synapse. whatever settings you had active with synapse before disconnecting from PC will be auto-stored on the white profile. that is the only profile that will properly run Hzb other than 500. note that the basilisk will falsely report 1,000Hz to Xim Manager after a few min when not actually running 1,000Hz on other user stored profiles.

lastly, if you turn the tension wheel so that the scroll wheel has the least resistance it will feel more balanced in the hand and glide a bit better especially for vertical swipes.

just wanted to pass this info to a fellow Basilisk owner.

like I said the G PRO is my main mouse now and it's the best imo

if you are struggling with breaking the aim assist bubble in cod you should first consider  using a straight ballistic to boost your movements by setting a steep straight curve to 100% at the 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 mark on the ballistic editor. be sure to adjust your sens by multiplying your vanilla sens x .02 , .04, .06, .08,. .1 or .12 depending on which you choose. 

100% ballistic from firsy notch 2.00 is the steepest and is fantastic for just about everything in ww2.

from the 3rd notch 6.00 is a great one for snipes.

you could also just use smoothing around 5 to 8 works pretty well but the ballistic basically does the same thing without creating any additional delay or extra play in the aim which is why I prefer the ballistic approach.
« Last Edit: 03:34 AM - 05/15/18 by mjfame »
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline nax

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01:48 PM - 05/15/18 »
So odin you say that we should use a mouse refresh rate
between 125 and 500 inclusive right? But isnt it right
that you have at 1000hz less input lag?

And a question to Smoothing. Should we always use
an value between 7 and 15 to increase aim assist etc?

Offline Mazen al shami

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:02 PM - 05/15/18 »
apex hz 125 ... mouse hz 125 .... synz commen ...... dpi 3000 ..... use smoothiness ... did every thing video said .... aim assist not better or stronger .... why  is that and the game is bf1 btw

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02:27 PM - 05/15/18 »
So odin you say that we should use a mouse refresh rate
between 125 and 500 inclusive right? But isnt it right
that you have at 1000hz less input lag?

And a question to Smoothing. Should we always use
an value between 7 and 15 to increase aim assist etc?

the difference between 500hz and 1000hz is just one millisecond, you will not really feel an additional millisecond delay :)
as for smoothing id recommend to start at around 3 and then slowly increase it, at one point youll notice the smoothing in a negative way so dont go any further than that then

apex hz 125 ... mouse hz 125 .... synz commen ...... dpi 3000 ..... use smoothiness ... did every thing video said .... aim assist not better or stronger .... why  is that and the game is bf1 btw

it could be that one of your devices is affecting the aim assist by stutter or other things, or your previous settings already had a lot of aim assist and you can hardly notice the difference
then there are also aim assist differences between classes/weapons in bf1 and also both aim assist options need to be active in the bf1 game settings

i would check your base config and see how the mouse behaves and if you can identify something that might cause an issue for the aim assist
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Mazen al shami

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:52 PM - 05/15/18 »
setting is all as recomended ... aa and slowdown both on ..... but what did you mean that one of my devices is effecting the aa ... all i have is xim apex and mouse naga 2012  and ps4 ..... but i notice as i get the ads sens higher .. ?  the aa is little bit better

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:29 AM - 05/16/18 »
for instance your mouse could cause micro stutter, this will reduce the aim assist
potential reasons are
- polling rate is too high, eg the mouse has no onboard memory and falls back to 125hz without the pc driver running in the back
- sensor is very old, eg native dpi is 1600 and anything above that is upscaled

i would recommend you to test a different game too
bf1 has a lot of aim assist differences between weapons, eg the amoung you zoom in also changes it
in a different game you might be able to see an aim assist increase or decreaste difference more easily, which should help you to understand if your adjustments are working or if a certain device might interfere
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11:48 AM - 05/16/18 »
Anybody tested this in fortnite?

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01:41 PM - 05/16/18 »
Is there any consensus for 500 Hz polling rate vs. 1000 in Fortnite? I've been running 3200 DPI based on this video's recommendations and been doing a bit better than when I used to run 12k DPI.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02:46 PM - 05/16/18 »
Is there any consensus for 500 Hz polling rate vs. 1000 in Fortnite? I've been running 3200 DPI based on this video's recommendations and been doing a bit better than when I used to run 12k DPI.

i will upload a polling rate tutorial next, here is the short version of it

go on this website and test if your mouse can do steady 1000hz by drawing very fast circles
if it doesnt then go 500hz for both the xim and the mouse

https://zowie.benq.com/en-eu/support/mouse-rate-checker.html

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:48 PM - 05/16/18 »
I tested it now 2h in fortnite. For me it dosent change anything

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:51 PM - 05/16/18 »
I tested it now 2h in fortnite. For me it dosent change anything

then try the opposite and you will notice the difference
your current settings might have been pretty close to your old ones in terms of aim assist, therefore you didnt notice much

also fortnite has a major focus on target lock and sticky target, means you will only notice something on slow aim corrections and the moments you try to swtich targets or move your crosshair away from one

Offline MarcTheSmark

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:13 AM - 05/17/18 »
When looking at this video what is the downside of turning both mouse and XIM to 250hz vs 500hz? I am assuming smoothness, but could the added aim assist justify the move? Also using a Logitech G502 with 3200 DPI if that matters.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11:49 AM - 05/17/18 »
the downsize from going from 500hz to 250hz is that you have a 2 millisecond higher delay
500hz has a 2 millisecond delay and 250hz has 4 millisecond delay
some people might notice the difference, others wont

so best is to try both and see what works best for you
i would necessarily recommend to go below 500hz since it doesnt add all that much aim assist anyway, adjusting the sync option and the dpi have much more of an impact to the aim assist than polling
(yet its one of the few options that dont really change your mouse accuracy so should be perfered over using smoothing or ballisitc curves)

Offline said the sky

• 420-710-DABS
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
« Reply #28 on: 12:03 PM - 05/17/18 »
the downsize from going from 500hz to 250hz is that you have a 2 millisecond higher delay
500hz has a 2 millisecond delay and 250hz has 4 millisecond delay
some people might notice the difference, others wont

so best is to try both and see what works best for you
i would necessarily recommend to go below 500hz since it doesnt add all that much aim assist anyway, adjusting the sync option and the dpi have much more of an impact to the aim assist than polling
(yet its one of the few options that dont really change your mouse accuracy so should be perfered over using smoothing or ballisitc curves)

How come you run 1000hz then if you're suggesting 500hz? Or are you not suggesting that? lol. I have the same zowie mouse as you just the B series.. i have the A series as well. Should I just keep my mouse on 1000hz? I do circles on that zowie site and get 1k... and on the dx mouse timer program my average/peak stays at like 1021hz. I'm pretty sure I don't experience any jitter on 3200dpi and 1khz. Plus isn't zowie known for high quality sensors built into their mice?

« Last Edit: 01:07 PM - 05/17/18 by thediscobiscuits »
Zowie EC2-A @ 3200 DPI 500 Hz
Zowie G-SR Mousepad
Zowie Camade Bungee
BenQ XL2411Z Monitor
Ducky One Tenkeyless Blue LED Cherry MX Red Keyboard

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02:31 PM - 05/17/18 »
if your mouse has steady 1000hz then yeah, you can use that
its just that not every mouse has a perfect build quality and a flawless cpu to reach 1000hz, it would make mice too pricey if every mouse has to reach 100%