XIM Community

Should I increase smoothing or decrease polling rate for more Aim Assist?  (Read 435 times)

Offline ItzRaz

• View Profile

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.2k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
find what works best for you i use 1000 polling rate and 3 smoothing but the less aim assit the better in my eyes.

Offline ItzRaz

• View Profile
That's exactly what I use, with common sync.

What sync do you use?

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
Title ^^

if you are seeking the heavier on-rails sort of feel then decrease polling down to native of the console or even double console native for greater aim assist.

native for x1 = 125Hz.  ps4 = 250Hz
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
polling rate has less influence on aim assist than smoothing, so id go 500hz and then play around with the smoothing
the increased delay from lower pollings is not worth the relatively small gain in aim assist compared to smoothing
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
I personally wouldn't change either polling rate or smoothing, unless you get jitter. Reduce DPI instead.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
polling rate has less influence on aim assist than smoothing, so id go 500hz and then play around with the smoothing
the increased delay from lower pollings is not worth the relatively small gain in aim assist compared to smoothing
I cant figure out what smoothing does, at 1000Hz polling with 16000 DPI I cant tell the difference with 0 or 20 smoothing in cod ww2. so my question is which is better? I notice no jitter at  all either way. are ther trade offs in if so what are they? THANKS Ob1n

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
Neither, reducing DPI will have more impact on AA
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L
[Fortnite] XIM4/APEX + T2 | TurboBuild Script

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
I cant figure out what smoothing does, at 1000Hz polling with 16000 DPI I cant tell the difference with 0 or 20 smoothing in cod ww2. so my question is which is better? I notice no jitter at  all either way. are ther trade offs in if so what are they? THANKS Ob1n
Your aim should feel floaty with Smoothing on. The higher the Smoothing, the more delayed it'll feel. Avoid if at all possible, Sync is a better solution for jitter.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
Your aim should feel floaty with Smoothing on. The higher the Smoothing, the more delayed it'll feel. Avoid if at all possible, Sync is a better solution for jitter.
thank you

Offline ItzRaz

• View Profile
But on Odin's video he said increasing smoothing increases aim assist due to the movements being more similar to controller than without smoothing.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
But on Odin's video he said increasing smoothing increases aim assist due to the movements being more similar to controller than without smoothing.
Smoothing can manipulate AA to a small degree, but it comes at the cost of less responsive aim.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

yes it does, but by going closer to an analogstick you will always lose a bit of accuracy
analogsticks are less accurate than mouse movements

the four best ways to increase aim assist are the following as they dont really affect your mouse accuracy at all
- dpi
- polling rate
- analogstick for walking/moving
- synchronization

ballistic curve and smoothing are things i would consider to add if the 4 above dont give you the results you are looking for
smoothing and ballistic curves (acceleration) have the potential to reduce your mouse accuracy quite a lot, in return the aim assist behaviour can be adjusted ofc
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline ItzRaz

• View Profile
I have found that I'm playing better with 7 smoothing than without...

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
if Im understanding smoothing right,  whats the point of Xim?? isn't the whole point precision of the mouse over the dead zone of a controller?