XIM Community

Answer this question for me  (Read 273 times)

Offline Godsplan

• View Profile
Answer this question for me
« on: 12:47 PM - 05/11/18 »
I just bought the Logitech g pro mouse and I'm looking for an mouse pad. I play a lot of fps games, call of duty etc and I also play footnote. Whats the best mouse pad for me ? and also wrist rest are they necessary .

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy
Re: Answer this question for me
« Reply #1 on: 03:57 PM - 05/11/18 »
Steel Series has some decent pads, but I prefer ROG, specifically the Sheath, itís like the Steel Series Dex but a lot bigger.

Wrist rest arenít that important unless you find yourself with cramped wrist, or you do a lot of wrist aiming.

I remember Antithesis saying you could get mice & pads off Amazon for a trial and see if you like it or not, then send it back for no extra cost.
| Logitech G Pro | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 3200 DPI |

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #2 on: 02:15 PM - 05/12/18 »
What dpi will you be using?
Are you a high/low sens player?
Do you prefer cloth,hard or hybrid?
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline Godsplan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:10 PM - 05/12/18 »
high dpi and I have no idea just looking for a good mouse pad thats not gonna mess with my mouse and my aim

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #4 on: 10:41 AM - 05/15/18 »
high dpi and I have no idea just looking for a good mouse pad thats not gonna mess with my mouse and my aim
You'll need to know if you're to have the best personal experience.

R3MiX's question is pertinent:

• Hard pads offer less friction which gives you more speed but less control. They're also less comfortable (though not necessarily uncomfortable) and will wear your mousefeet out quicker than cloth.
  • Cloth pads grip your mouse more, giving you better control at the expense of speed. They feel good on your hand but some users dislike the more mushy feeling of the surface.
  • Hybrids are a half-way house.

I use an extended cloth pad as I'm a lower DPI, 'arm swiper', but I'd choose the hybrid SteelSeries Dex over any other mouse mat if only it was available in an XXL version.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, fnatic Boost Speed, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!