XIM Community

[bug report] XIM APEX BETA Manager 20180501 for Android  (Read 215 times)

Offline David Hwang

• View Profile
I made a factory reset to my tablet and install the beta XIM APEX Manager. It won't connect to XIM APEX. After a few hours of trying  >:(, I've found this version doesn't ask permission to bluetooh at the installation.  I need to download gold version via Google Play which will ask bluetooth permission, then upgrade the beta version. Please fix the beta version, or other users might have bluetooth connection problem if they install the beta version without old version installed.

Offline David Hwang

• View Profile
Re: [bug report] XIM APEX BETA Manager 20180501 for Android
« Reply #1 on: 09:22 AM - 05/10/18 »
I still got connection problem after last post. Then I've found I turned "Location" off in the setting. Turn it on and I can connect to XIM APEX. Turn it off, connect failure. So I am sure "Location" needs to be on. Please notice the users at the connect screen.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 09:29 AM - 05/10/18 »
I don't believe that's related. I never have Location enabled on any of my Android phone/tables and test with 8 of them which vary in brand and Android version.

What type of phone do you have?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mjfame

• "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #3 on: 07:50 PM - 05/10/18 »
I still got connection problem after last post. Then I've found I turned "Location" off in the setting. Turn it on and I can connect to XIM APEX. Turn it off, connect failure. So I am sure "Location" needs to be on. Please notice the users at the connect screen.

the solution is typical to one that would work for burping radios after flashing phone with  unstable homebrew firmware

are you running a custom Rom on your phone?

if so which Rom and version number?
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT) // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline David Hwang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:44 PM - 05/10/18 »
the solution is typical to one that would work for burping radios after flashing phone with  unstable homebrew firmware

are you running a custom Rom on your phone?

No. I just bought it so I don't want to lose the warranty. After I keep "Location" to on, I have no problem connecting XIM Apex. I think it is the culprit, case closed. Hope this will help those who have connecting problem.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 10:21 AM - 05/11/18 »
What type of phone is it? Also, do you have any issues with other Bluetooth devices if you don't keep Location on?

Offline David Hwang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:21 AM - 05/11/18 »
I don't believe that's related. I never have Location enabled on any of my Android phone/tables and test with 8 of them which vary in brand and Android version.

What type of phone do you have?

It is a tablet (https://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_984305.html). Android version is 6.0.

I test again and the result is the same. Location on, ok. Location off, connect failure. I don't know why you can connect with location off, but I can't. I guess there are many causes of connect failure. I was lucky to find the one for me.

Quote from: OBsIV

What type of phone is it? Also, do you have any issues with other Bluetooth devices if you don't keep Location on?

I test with location off, It won't show my BT earphone (not paired before), but show XIM Apex. With location on, it will show both.
« Last Edit: 11:27 AM - 05/11/18 by David Hwang »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11:54 AM - 05/11/18 »
So with Location off, your earphones won't show up in the list?

Also, to verify, you aren't pairing to your XIM APEX through Android's Bluetooth devices list, correct?

Offline David Hwang

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:44 PM - 05/11/18 »
So with Location off, your earphones won't show up in the list?

Also, to verify, you aren't pairing to your XIM APEX through Android's Bluetooth devices list, correct?

Correct! I've been thinking why you can connect XIM Apex with location off and I can't. Did you root your phone? If you did, I have a theory that might explain it ...