XIM Community

best mice to use with him apex? (on board memory)  (Read 314 times)

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jamie G AFC
hi guys

what is the best multi button mouse with ON BOARD MEMORY
When I say best I mean it's no good having 10 buttons but a trash laser ect
I'm noob and do not no what I'm looking for in terms of mechanical buttons and lasers ect
I'm new to using a mouse, I've never played on pc so using a keyboard is impossible for me to learn..
I'm on Xbox 1

so I bought the apex because I can use the ps3 nav controller along with a mouse.. perfect.

But I have run into some problems ....
because I use the nav controller I need a mouse with a lot of buttons which is no problem really as I've got used to it.
I'm currently using a RAZER NAGA HEX, it has 7 thumb buttons which is really good for me but the problem I'm having is IT HAS NO ONBOARD MEMORY!!!!
so I have absolutely no choice but to play on max dpi 16000 because even tho I can program it on synapse and set 5 diff dpi settings and map macros like double pump to specific buttons, once I unplug it from my pc and use it on my xbox it's all gone..
so instead of playing on 3-4k dpi with around 40 apex sensitivity I'm on 16000 dpi and like 7-8 apex sensitivity but in small movements the mouse can feel jittery
I would also love to use macros ect

please could anyone recommend really good mice with on board memory and some decent amount of buttons on the side...
I want the best I'm not scared of the price...
im looking at Logitech g600 but I'm worried I'll press all the buttons while moving the mouse?  I love my naga hex I'm gutted i can't use it's potential..
I really don't want risk paying for another mistake

thanx in advance and sorry for the long winded essay

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: best mice to use with him apex? (on board memory)
« Reply #1 on: 12:25 PM - 05/08/18 »
If price doesnít scare you: Swiftpoint Z. Best mouse Iíve ever owned.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:30 PM - 05/08/18 »
if you want a decent sensor, onboard memory and great build quality you should consider the latest product line of logitech
they come in all kinds of shapes, weights and button layouts (and amount of buttons)
g203, g303, g403, g502, g603, g703, g903 and gpro for instance

on most mousepads a dpi value of above 4000 with cause jitter, especially on clothmouse pads
(see this explanation topic: http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65749.0)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:27 AM - 05/09/18 »
wow...
thanks a lot guys .. really helped

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
« Reply #4 on: 08:54 AM - 05/09/18 »
I'm enjoying the G502 and it was only $45 and has one of the better sensors.

Also, My Naga Hex V2 had onboard memory for DPI settings and RGB. Which version do you own?
« Last Edit: 09:03 AM - 05/09/18 by TedRoc07 »

Offline Edawsiwel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:57 AM - 05/09/18 »
hi guys

I'm noob and do not no what I'm looking for in terms of mechanical buttons and lasers ect
I'm new to using a mouse, I've never played on pc so using a keyboard is impossible for me to learn..
I'm on Xbox 1

so I bought the apex because I can use the ps3 nav controller along with a mouse.. perfect.

because I use the nav controller I need a mouse with a lot of buttons which is no problem really as I've got used to it.
I'm currently using a RAZER NAGA HEX, it has 7 thumb buttons which is really good for me but the problem I'm having is IT HAS NO ONBOARD MEMORY!!!!
so I have absolutely no choice but to play on max dpi 16000 because even tho I can program it on synapse and set 5 diff dpi settings and map macros like double pump to specific buttons, once I unplug it from my pc and use it on my xbox it's all gone..
so instead of playing on 3-4k dpi with around 40 apex sensitivity I'm on 16000 dpi and like 7-8 apex sensitivity but in small movements the mouse can feel jittery

please could anyone recommend really good mice with on board memory and some decent amount of buttons on the side...
im looking at Logitech g600 but I'm worried I'll press all the buttons while moving the mouse?  I love my naga hex I'm gutted i can't use it's potential..

which hex are you using, the v2?
I have the naga Trinity and the onboard memory works, but Iím with Odin, 4000 dpi

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
« Reply #6 on: 09:47 AM - 05/09/18 »
Yeah I don't get it either, how you are running 16000 on Naga Hex V1 if only gets up to 5600 dpi, V2 up to 8200.

However, I think the Trinity will be a nice update or any optical sensor base mouse on that matter.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L
[Fortnite] XIM4/APEX + T2 | TurboBuild Script

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
« Reply #7 on: 09:50 AM - 05/09/18 »
And answering your question:

best mice to use with him apex? (on board memory)

The best mouse to use with XIM Apex with on-board memory is: eSports Tt Ventus R.
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R ó modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L
[Fortnite] XIM4/APEX + T2 | TurboBuild Script

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:19 AM - 05/10/18 »
I'm enjoying the G502 and it was only $45 and has one of the better sensors.

Also, My Naga Hex V2 had onboard memory for DPI settings and RGB. Which version do you own?

I thought I had naga hex v2 tbh lol I'm not sure tho...
all I know is when I set for example 3 dpi settings instead of 5 while I'm on my pc and I press the dpi up/down and it shows in the corner.. it will do the 3 dpi I set like 800 then 400 then 16k but when I'm on my xbox it's doing 5 settings which I guess is the default?
so I guess the max one is 16k so I use that and have really low apex sensitivity...
also any macros I set don't do anything?
if I open notes on my pc and click button 7 I can see it doing all the key inputs but on my xbox it does nothing...

btw I don't know what RGB IS LOL I'm completely knew to all of this I've only just started to use a mouse and xim apex ect
« Last Edit: 03:35 AM - 05/10/18 by JamieDAgoat »

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:47 AM - 05/10/18 »

The best mouse to use with XIM Apex with on-board memory is: eSports Tt Ventus R.

I just looked up the eSports Tt Ventus R... thanks 😁
it doesn't have enough buttons for me..
as I'm using a ps3 nav controller not a keyboard so i need a few more buttons on the side of my mouse..
the naga hex v2 is perfect for me but it's just the memory thing that's letting it down

Offline JamieDAgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:53 AM - 05/10/18 »
hi guys

I'm on Xbox 1

which hex are you using, the v2?
I have the naga Trinity and the onboard memory works, but Iím with Odin, 4000 dpi

really?
isn't the trinity the 3 in 1 mouse?
I was gonna get that lol but I choice the naga hex as it had the 7 thumb buttons... 1-7 in a circle around the thumb grip...
am I doing something wrong maybe?  is there maybe a setting I'm missing that uses the on board memory?
I use synapse, set 3 dpi settings and tried a macro on button 7 but when I go into my xbox I have 5 dpi settings and button 7 does nothing?

Offline Dodge

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #11 on: 05:32 AM - 05/10/18 »

A 3310 with 5000 DPI.I'll look at it.
PS4 Pro & XB1 X |Mon: BenQ RL2455HM | Pad: SS Dex| KB: G910| HS: Sennheiser GSP 350| M: G900 Corepad Skatez DPI: 4000| P: 1000hz | Sync. Off

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
« Reply #12 on: 06:38 AM - 05/17/18 »
hi guys

I'm on Xbox 1

Logitech mice seem to play nicer with the XIM than other brands that I have used and by play nice I am referring to communication compatibility , properly reporting polling rate , etc.. but the obvious 'play nicer' qualifies also.
XIM APEX // BETA : 20180402
Logitech G Pro // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1 | 2017.07.27 (10k)

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #13 on: 07:57 AM - 05/17/18 »
hi guys

I'm on Xbox 1

If your PC is close to your console, try using XIM Link. Your mouse will be connected to your PC and console at the same time, so your mouse's PC-based software will still work.
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:03 AM - 05/17/18 »
G502.  Look no further! Cheap as chips, comfortable to use, and lots of buttons.