XIM Community

Logitech g403 - DPI button not working  (Read 100 times)

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Pvt_gitsome
Logitech g403 - DPI button not working
« on: 07:01 AM - 05/08/18 »
It seems like the default dpi cycling button on my wired G403 just stopped working (The button on top under the scroll wheel). I canít assign the button to do anything.  Iíve tried assigning right and left mouse click to the button. The mouse is only a few months old.  This isnít a XIM issue, but thought maybe someone could help since itís a popular XIM mouse.  What the heck?  Did I get a faulty mouse?

Edit: should have probably put this in support, maybe a mod can move it.
« Last Edit: 08:41 AM - 05/08/18 by Lineater »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Logitech g503 - DPI button not working
« Reply #1 on: 07:35 AM - 05/08/18 »
The button immediately under the scroll wheel changes the wheel from free scrolling to click scrolling. There is a profile button under that button that changes profiles on the mouse. If you want to reassign this button you can connect the mouse to a PC, run LGS, select onboard memory, then assign the button to a keyboard key that is normally not used in your config like: o p [ ] j k l ;
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
Re: Logitech g503 - DPI button not working
« Reply #2 on: 08:18 AM - 05/08/18 »
Ah ok, thanks mist.  For some reason I thought the button cycled DPI when I first set it up. My memory was playing tricks on me. Glad my new mouse isn't on the fritz.

So If I'm understanding you right, it's impossible to assign that particular button to cycle DPI?  I have to assign cycle DPI to a different mouse button? Because it seems like I can't assign that button to do anything at all. Now I'm still confused.  If I assign that button to a key (like 0), and press the mouse button, nothing happens. Generic assignments and custom assignments aren't working.  Also when I run a heat map test and press all the buttons, that button does not light up.

edit:also this is a G403 mouse, not G503

edit2: also noticed the "generic" assignment for this button is DPI Cycling.
« Last Edit: 08:50 AM - 05/08/18 by Lineater »

Offline Crushtaculer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Crushtaculer
Re: Logitech g403 - DPI button not working
« Reply #3 on: 09:07 AM - 05/08/18 »
I have the g403 as well, that button does default to cycle dpi if set to default should cycle dpi when plugged in to the xim.  Mine works that way, using the xim apex with the latest firmware. If your trying to use the button for something else then change it to a keystroke in the Logitech software, then you can bind it to a controller button via the xim software.

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:29 AM - 05/08/18 »
I connected with Logitech chat support and they are sending me a replacement mouse. I think the button just stopped working.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:22 AM - 05/09/18 »
It looks like you wrote G503 originally in your title and post. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you meant the G502.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Lineater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:28 AM - 05/09/18 »
It looks like you wrote G503 originally in your title and post. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you meant the G502.

Yeah, I did. The confusion was my fault. I own both mice, so your answer makes total sense now, since that scroll lock button on the G502 cannot be programmed.