XIM Community

Wooting one Keyboard  (Read 1968 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Wooting one Keyboard
« Reply #45 on: 03:34 AM - 05/16/18 »
The curiosity is killing me: why are you using a keyboard to play a tennis game?
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
« Reply #46 on: 11:31 AM - 05/16/18 »
The curiosity is killing me: why are you using a keyboard to play a tennis game?

:) Your not the first to ask me that just a habit and it is tricky but i adjusted and been so since the early top spin days i find i get better angle shots with A&D and more precision top and back spin by holding down W&S many pc players tried out the first xbox controller and prefered. I tried controller but didn't feel i was getting better placement with thumb stick just preference.

With wooting i'm hoping with pressure sens keys i get more control shots ie the further you press down the more power or less you press down angle and control and still get the digital direction should be interesting to see if wooting will work can't see why not if it has full pad support.

Offline jd1boo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07:08 PM - 05/30/18 »
Have been using Wooting One for about a week after reading this thread and have been quite pleased.  The muscle memory takes a little getting used to, but for fps games at least (particularly Overwatch) there is definitely better aim assist with analogue WASD vs. normal keyboards and greater control. 

The control is not as precise as the sony nav, but you gain the benefit of instantaneous A-D strafing by bottoming out the keys, as well as the availability of a normal keyboard layout.  Would highly recommend if anyone is considering this.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08:27 AM - 05/31/18 »
Wooting Two Kickstarter campaign is underway. Get in quick if you want the early bird pricing, it's currently 25 Euro cheaper than the Wooting One. I've backed it thanks to the confirmation from other gents in this thread that it's working with Apex.

Wooting Two is a full-sized kb, that's pretty much the only difference. That works for me as a lefty as I far prefer the ortholinear numpad to the offset alphanumeric keys.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11:12 AM - 05/31/18 »
oh nice, thanks for the headsup
will look into the kickstarter campaign later!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05:25 PM - 05/31/18 »
All of the early bird 115 EU pledges have gone. 125 EU pledges are available for the duration of the campaign.

On public release, the price will go to 160 to 170 EU, so it's a steal at the current price.

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08:50 AM - 06/03/18 »
Have been using Wooting One for about a week after reading this thread and have been quite pleased.  The muscle memory takes a little getting used to, but for fps games at least (particularly Overwatch) there is definitely better aim assist with analogue WASD vs. normal keyboards and greater control. 

The control is not as precise as the sony nav, but you gain the benefit of instantaneous A-D strafing by bottoming out the keys, as well as the availability of a normal keyboard layout.  Would highly recommend if anyone is considering this.

I have also noticed more aim assist with analogue i thought it was placebo to begin with, but yep there is definitely some more aim assist playing fps on console which i can notice from switching to digital to analogue.

I would also add after trying all the analogue settings and some tinkering slow seems to the best option for console with highest actuation point i have mainly noticed this for driving playing H1Z1 on ps4 seems to give a bit more control.

All preference in the end but so far my findings more to come....H1Z1 on ps4 is a good start for getting a feel for this keyboard  8)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08:58 AM - 06/03/18 »
I have also noticed more aim assist with analogue i thought it was placebo to begin with, but yep there is definitely some more aim assist playing fps on console which i can notice from switching to digital to analogue.
We've suspected this for some time in discussions of kb (digital) vs Nav (analog).

I wrote a mod for Titan Two a year ago that interpolates kb strafing via adjustable horizontal min and max speeds over XXXms to better emulate analog movement. It's not the same as true analog, but there is a noticeable difference in aim assist.

Offline EconomyLobster

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EconomyLobster
« Reply #53 on: 01:50 PM - 07/17/18 »
I haven't had as much time as i would like today to give the wooting a good grind out but can confirm with the latest firmware (20180501) the wooting works only with that firmware digitally and analogue although analogue will only work with directinput only,  xinput was a non runner for apex but as said not much time for a proper test grind.

Early day's but this will need some muscle memory adjustment and steady fingers for wasd pressure sens and a lot of tinkering for you'r right curve settings.

Here is a short vid in ww2 headquarters with analogue profile 1 default directinput changed from xininput to see what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bv8HkkhOI&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully get some time in for the wooting vid guides later on in the week.

Promising so far but a lot of tinkering to get the right feel after years of just pressing down WASD.

Ps.. once wooting is disconnected from PC the keyboard will go back into digital mode save your set up in onboard memory and hit the mode switch to get the right profile for when it's connected to Xim Apex.

Just got my wooting one and I'm excited to experiment with this. Would you mind sharing your wooting profile for fps games? Not sure how to setup directinput for movement so its pressure sensitive. 

Offline sncjez

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10:53 AM - 07/18/18 »
I haven't had as much time as i would like today to give the wooting a good grind out but can confirm with the latest firmware (20180501) the wooting works only with that firmware digitally and analogue although analogue will only work with directinput only,  xinput was a non runner for apex but as said not much time for a proper test grind.

Early day's but this will need some muscle memory adjustment and steady fingers for wasd pressure sens and a lot of tinkering for you'r right curve settings.

Here is a short vid in ww2 headquarters with analogue profile 1 default directinput changed from xininput to see what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bv8HkkhOI&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully get some time in for the wooting vid guides later on in the week.

Promising so far but a lot of tinkering to get the right feel after years of just pressing down WASD.

Ps.. once wooting is disconnected from PC the keyboard will go back into digital mode save your set up in onboard memory and hit the mode switch to get the right profile for when it's connected to Xim Apex.

Just got my wooting one and I'm excited to experiment with this. Would you mind sharing your wooting profile for fps games? Not sure how to setup directinput for movement so its pressure sensitive.

yo have a look at this thread a forum member is or was having issues i posted some help and my settings and a pic in that thread.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=68049.0

If you want to get as close to controller pressure with wooting, linear curve and actuation point set to 3.6 or else load an empty map play around with wooting curve.

i find that to much actuation adds a bit  to much aim assist for my liking aggressive or linear curve set between 2.5 or 3.0 is my preference.