XIM Community

Wooting one Keyboard  (Read 1477 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Wooting one Keyboard
« Reply #15 on: 08:50 AM - 05/05/18 »
Does it not work with the new APEX fimrware (Beta)?

I assume they haven't tested it. A bit of a scary proposition for the rest of us...150 pounds to test something that we can't refund!
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:01 AM - 05/05/18 »
It doesn't work on the XIM4

Offline Wootingkb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:03 AM - 05/05/18 »
We don't own a XIM and are severely inexperienced with the application. We'd only know if a end-user gives it a shot. Originally, I thought, it would already be supported as it displays itself as a wireless xbox360 controller and outputs Xinput. Otherwise, it's also possible to change it into an Dinput device.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 10:34 AM - 05/05/18 »
We don't own a XIM and are severely inexperienced with the application. We'd only know if a end-user gives it a shot. Originally, I thought, it would already be supported as it displays itself as a wireless xbox360 controller and outputs Xinput. Otherwise, it's also possible to change it into an Dinput device.

Hi Wooting, I received your PM, but, we can communicate through here as well as the community is always very good in helping figure things out. :)

Our latest Beta firmware for XIM APEX has a hardware compatibility upgrade that may fix the issue (if it doesn't work already). I looked at your website and it looks like you can map to joystick axes which XIM APEX can support since it has analog binding features. As long as your keyboard enumerates as a compound USB device where the devices are a standard class USB joystick and keyboard, then, it should work.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10:36 AM - 05/05/18 »

You should buy a XIM and give it a shot. Some of us here were burned by false promises made when it came to Grifta (I only just offloaded mine on eBay) and personally I'm taking a wait and see approach to new hardware these days.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline Ayekay

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:01 AM - 05/05/18 »

Hi Wooting, I received your PM, but, we can communicate through here as well as the community is always very good in helping figure things out. :)

Our latest Beta firmware for XIM APEX has a hardware compatibility upgrade that may fix the issue (if it doesn't work already). I looked at your website and it looks like you can map to joystick axes which XIM APEX can support since it has analog binding features. As long as your keyboard enumerates as a compound USB device where the devices are a standard class USB joystick and keyboard, then, it should work.

Will the XIM4 firmware be updated to support this feature and be able to take advantage of the Wooting ones analog capabilities?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:08 PM - 05/05/18 »
I'd be more than willing to test the Wooting One on a Xim and assist with the compatibility process.

I'm an alpha tester for Xim and Titan Two (as is piiwii), and love tinkering with hardware. I'm also assisting Fragpedal to get their device working on Xim Apex and Titan Two.

I've balked on the Wooting only because of the analogue input and whether or not that would work with a console m/kb adapter. I'm no longer a PC gamer (was since Win 3.1), have focused on consoles for a decade now and understand and appreciate the benefit of analogue input, particularly for WASD. Dual activation points also have a great deal of potential on console.

If you're interested please PM me, I'll commit as much time as needed to the process. I've kept an eye on and have wanted a Wooting One since the original Kickstarter campaign and Wootility has come on in leaps and bounds. I nearly pulled the trigger when the Wooting One dropped in price recently, but without Xim support, it'd be a glorified analogue Mac keyboard. If there's a way to get your kb working on Xim, I'd love to be involved.

Offline Wootingkb

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:00 AM - 05/06/18 »

The keyboard is a compound USB device, so if I understand correct, if they use Dinput with keys bound to the different analog buttons/sticks, instead of Xinput, it should work just fine.

Let me give it a shot with OP.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:31 AM - 05/06/18 »
The OP is using the older generation Xim4, which from memory doesn't have support for analogue bindings. This is likely something that requires a Xim Apex.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 10:00 AM - 05/06/18 »
That's correct, this will only work with XIM APEX. XIM4 will not be updated to support arbitrary analog mappings (it doesn't have the capacity for any more features).

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
« Reply #25 on: 08:22 PM - 05/06/18 »
I would so love to see this supported on Apex. Obsiv from reading this thread, it looks like you believe it Apex with beta should work??

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:51 AM - 05/07/18 »
i wasnt aware wooting is the company with the analog keyboard input, id love to see it being supported by the xim
in theory it should solve a lot of aim assist issues that mouse users have in console games thanks to the analog key activation, the script antithesis wrote for the titan two and the ahk script w11ce did for xim link showed very well how much potential there is in analog button activations for WASD (buttons activated from 0 to 100% over a fixed time), with the wooting you actually have a "live" control over the activation percentage so it should be even better
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:16 PM - 05/08/18 »
@OBsIV - given all Wooting keys are analogue, do you foresee any issues binding actions other than WASD?

The keys should behave as digital buttons in that case, but I'm just wondering if the analogue switches may prevent the actions from registering. That'll be something else to test.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:09 PM - 05/08/18 »
for those that have tested a wooting keyboard so far, can you calibrate the activation travel distance?
eg when you use o-rings which will reduce the overall travel distance of the switch
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #29 on: 09:59 PM - 05/08/18 »
@OBsIV - given all Wooting keys are analogue, do you foresee any issues binding actions other than WASD?

The keys should behave as digital buttons in that case, but I'm just wondering if the analogue switches may prevent the actions from registering. That'll be something else to test.

I'm fairly certain that digital mappings are done with customizable actuation points per key?