XIM Community

noob need explain and help on mouse dpi for xim4 snsv  (Read 70 times)

Offline yoyosan

• View Profile
hi ..  i saw alot of pc players play on low dpi like between 800-1600  am on ps4 overwatch and my mouse is logitic g 502 i dont know what dpi i should use and the high dpi better or low ? thanks everyone :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: noob need explain and help on mouse dpi for xim4 snsv
« Reply #1 on: 05:36 PM - 04/16/18 »
On Xim, you really want a minimum DPI of 3200 to avoid potential pixel-skipping issues when HIP or ADS sensitivity values exceed 100. 1600 will still work, but it's pushing the limit.

You can go all the way up to 12K DPI on a G502, but then you risk jitter as the sensor will detect every minor surface imperfection or hand-shake. For that reason, it's recommended not to use a cloth pad at high DPI.

There are diminishing returns above 3-4K DPI and if you use a cloth pad, that's a sensible range to use.

Also worth noting is that high DPI and a hard pad tends to handle Aim Assist cut-through into the hitbox better. If you want less AA, go high DPI. If you want stickier AA, go with 3-4K.

Offline yoyosan

• View Profile
Re: noob need explain and help on mouse dpi for xim4 snsv
« Reply #2 on: 06:19 PM - 04/16/18 »
On Xim, you really want a minimum DPI of 3200 to avoid potential pixel-skipping issues when HIP or ADS sensitivity values exceed 100. 1600 will still work, but it's pushing the limit.

You can go all the way up to 12K DPI on a G502, but then you risk jitter as the sensor will detect every minor surface imperfection or hand-shake. For that reason, it's recommended not to use a cloth pad at high DPI.

There are diminishing returns above 3-4K DPI and if you use a cloth pad, that's a sensible range to use.

Also worth noting is that high DPI and a hard pad tends to handle Aim Assist cut-through into the hitbox better. If you want less AA, go high DPI. If you want stickier AA, go with 3-4K.
  sorry am noob so if i put it in 3 or 4k the xim app snsv should be like 40 ? last question i can not steady the aim in exact zone it become little shaky how to fix this ? i have razor rough pad