XIM Community

[XIM Community] Just a moment of your time, please. [G502-3366]  (Read 502 times)

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
  • "Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1
    • View Profile
    • BF1 Kolibri King aka the BabyPistolPro: #1 in the world. (Semi-Retired)
  • Gamertag: MJ FAME (Active)
  • PSN ID: MJ-FAME (Retired)
I will begin by stating that any previous insight that I have contributed (no matter how unconventional) was shared for educational purposes. It was shared because of the time and effort that I had poured into R&D and some of the discoveries made were interesting. This in no way means that my way is THE way because I believe that we all will agree that every individual's preference is their own and for the most part their setup is unique.

Those days are over because I am now the proud owner of the Logitech G502 and I understand why it is highly preferred by the XIM community. This brief recommendation is for anyone who does not own this magnificent gem.

Prior to 2018.04.15 I used a Razer Deathadder Elite and a Razer Basilisk which both sport a PMW3389 sensor which if I'm not mistaken is a derivative of the PMW3366 that is used in select Logitech devices. The Razer PMW3389 sensor tops out at 16kDPI with additional smoothing (dropped frames & latency). The Logitech 3366 sensor produces 12kDPI resolution in the purest form available with the bare minimum 2frames of smoothing at any DPI value.

This makes a huge difference in performance when paired with your XIM.

Naturally, I spent the entire first day testing a wide variety of DPI and polling rates on Windows Paint , PC Games and XIM APEX (Mostly with XIM). I will say that on PC the Logitech running at 12k didn't seem special to me from the limited amount of testing. 800DPI felt the best to me in this environment but this isn't why I made this purchase.

I'm just going to make this short and sweet because after 24hrs of ownership I feel that the G502's performance speaks for itself and should be experienced by every XIM user.

The G502 and the XIM are a match made in heaven.

Disregard the fact that the G502 scroll wheel is a bit loose and that it is a bit on the heavier side. I can't stress this enough. These two issues postponed my purchase but these became irrelevant after a few minutes of use due to how well it performs.

The mouse feels better in the hand than it looks in the photos. It's ergonomic form-factor and quite similar to the shape of the Basilisk. So many buttons and they're all within reach.

On-board memory can store everything on up to 3 seperate profiles with multiple DPI-steps on each profile. Every button is reprogrammable. Macros can be stored to memory. Polling rate can be set to 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1,000Hz. Lighting stored on-board if that interests you.

Basically, if you seek a better XIM experience it's as simple as:

1. Purchase Logitech G502.

2. Configure G502 for 12kDPI @1,000Hz and store to on-board memory.

3. Enjoy.

Seriously, it's that simple and makes that much of a difference. Since completing my R&D period and determining that it actually is best to set for maximum DPI & polling rate I have eased right into every game I have played with nothing fancy by setting a sensitivity and just playing. Vanilla STs no ballistics no smoothing. Performance is unrivaled based on previous devices used with XIM and Titan over the years. It's great..

If you don't own a Logitech mouse with a 3366 sensor and aren't completely comfortable with your XIM configs and their performance.. Spending more time tinkering than actually enjoying your gaming sessions, then rest assured this is your answer. No snake-oil here. Just a device that is more pure and highly tunable to the on-board memory.

THANKS LOGITECH, You got me playing again!

@#$% you MJ!!! I've been on the fence for a few weeks now about purchasing this mouse. Just pulled the trigger on Amazon. I feel like I really love the Razer Naga Hex V2 and don't know what all the fuss is about but reading this forum will give you a RAZER inferiority complex. You convinced me to give it a go. That and my good buddy swears by the @#$% G502. I'm excited to give it a go.

lolollll at your comment..

seriously  i'm so hyper-sensitive to timing inaccuracies and latency and that's a major reason why i seem to spend more time tinkering than i do actually gaming these days.. the 3366 sensor in Logitech's G502 and a few other Logitech mice has been a godsend for me. I did spend the entire first day tinkering to get a good read on the behavior of how it performed under different conditions but it only took one session to ultimately use the 12kDPI 1kHz that it was supposedly the best at handling for XIM. And that's 12k 1kHz on a cloth pad, btw which is impressive imh. And as I said since completing that test run I haven't done anything but set sensitivity once and close app then GAAAAAAAME   no adjustments whatsoever not even smoothing. it's like my XIM is on easy-mode now lol.. the thing really is the champ when it comes to handling console x-over. you're going to love it. I mean the bossman uses it and i would bet about half of the active members are using a 3366 sensor also due to its popularity around here. might as well strike a deal with Logitech and just bundle the XIM with the 3366 Gs. i'm just sorry i waited so long but definitely felt the need to shout it out for people like me who have been gaming on other devices.

just set it for 12k and 1000hz no smoothing and lower your sens until micro movements don't feel choppy..

for reference i'm currently running Beta20180402fw + Vanilla ST and no ballistic , 60fps games on common sync and my sens has been at 4.8hip and around 3ads. Halo 3 (mcc) is 85% of that so that's 4.08..  30fps games on slow sync.

let me know what you think.

I currently own the following mice (not returning any of them either because I like having variety, who cares right)?

Logitech G403 Wired and Wireless
Zowie EC2-A
Zowie EC2-B
SteelSeries Rival 600
SteelSeries Rival 700

After testing them all. I would say I enjoy the Zowie mice the most. Using the ec2a and b the most. Especially for PC gaming. Unfortunately they max out at 3200 DPI. It is nice to have a mouse that can hit 12k, just for mental stability lmao even though 3200 is fine.

Something about the G502 makes me wonder why everybody uses it. Who knows. Maybe it is "the mouse for the XIM". or it's just all preference.

But after reading your post... I ordered one on sale on Amazon. Thanks. Lol. Like I needed anymore gaming mice. But... When the hype is real, the hype is real.

Ain't nothing wrong with collecting mice   i aspire to pull the trigger on a Zowie FK2 one of these days because the DA Elite is currently the lightest mouse that i own and would love to have a nice finger-tipper. RocketJumpNinja loves that thing and that's good enough for me. i was under the assumption that any 3366 mouse from Logitech would offer the same level of performance as the G502.. your g403 has the same sensor but i've read reports of it feeling less consistent and laggier so i wonder..

at this point, i do believe that it's the mouse to own for x-over gaming in general and ya i'm hyping it up but i'm not easy to please it deserves all the praise in the world for actually getting me back to gaming thanks to my satisfaction with its performance  lol. might as well paint it red and stamp the word easy on it :D

Very first Halo CE match on Derelict with the G502. Been a long time since I scored a perfection or even felt comfortable enough to do so with a mouse instead of a controller.

After day 2 I feel that 12kDPI / 1000Hz best suits sync-free configs while 800DPI / 1000Hz performs nicely with Default, Common, Slow sync.
« Last Edit: 01:40 AM - 04/17/18 by mjfame »
"Kolibri King" | Global Rank #1

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

XIM APEX @1kHz // BETA : 20180402

Logitech G502 // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite: Currently using Eight-Hundred DPI @1kHz + Framerate Sync // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Offline thediscobiscuits

• barber shreds
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ricko229
I currently own the following mice (not returning any of them either because I like having variety, who cares right)?

Zowie EC2-A
Zowie EC2-B
SteelSeries Rival 600
SteelSeries Rival 700

After testing them all. I would say I enjoy the Zowie mice the most. Using the ec2a and b the most. Especially for PC gaming. Unfortunately they max out at 3200 DPI. It is nice to have a mouse that can hit 12k, just for mental stability lmao even though 3200 is fine.

Something about the G502 makes me wonder why everybody uses it. Who knows. Maybe it is "the mouse for the XIM". or it's just all preference.

But after reading your post... I ordered one on sale on Amazon. Thanks. Lol. Like I needed anymore gaming mice. But... When the hype is real, the hype is real.
PS4 Pro / PC / i7-4790k GTX 970

XIM Apex

Mouse: Zowie EC2-B | Mousepad: Zowie G-SR | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ducky One TKL Blue LED Cherry MX Reds with O-Rings | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700x / AntLion ModMic / Turtle Beach DSS2

Offline TedRoc07

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TedRoc07
@#$% you MJ!!! I've been on the fence for a few weeks now about purchasing this mouse. Just pulled the trigger on Amazon. I feel like I really love the Razer Naga Hex V2 and don't know what all the fuss is about but reading this forum will give you a RAZER inferiority complex. You convinced me to give it a go. That and my good buddy swears by the @#$% G502. I'm excited to give it a go.

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile

lolollll at your comment..

seriously  i'm so hyper-sensitive to timing inaccuracies and latency and that's a major reason why i seem to spend more time tinkering than i do actually gaming these days.. the 3366 sensor in Logitech's G502 and a few other Logitech mice has been a godsend for me. I did spend the entire first day tinkering to get a good read on the behavior of how it performed under different conditions but it only took one session to ultimately use the 12kDPI 1kHz that it was supposedly the best at handling for XIM. And that's 12k 1kHz on a cloth pad, btw which is impressive imh. And as I said since completing that test run I haven't done anything but set sensitivity once and close app then GAAAAAAAME   no adjustments whatsoever not even smoothing. it's like my XIM is on easy-mode now lol.. the thing really is the champ when it comes to handling console x-over. you're going to love it. I mean the bossman uses it and i would bet about half of the active members are using a 3366 sensor also due to its popularity around here. might as well strike a deal with Logitech and just bundle the XIM with the 3366 Gs. i'm just sorry i waited so long but definitely felt the need to shout it out for people like me who have been gaming on other devices.

just set it for 12k and 1000hz no smoothing and lower your sens until micro movements don't feel choppy..

for reference i'm currently running Beta20180402fw + Vanilla ST and no ballistic , 60fps games on common sync and my sens has been at 4.8hip and around 3ads. Halo 3 (mcc) is 85% of that so that's 4.08..  30fps games on slow sync.

let me know what you think.

Zowie EC2-A
Zowie EC2-B
SteelSeries Rival 600
SteelSeries Rival 700

Ain't nothing wrong with collecting mice   i aspire to pull the trigger on a Zowie FK2 one of these days because the DA Elite is currently the lightest mouse that i own and would love to have a nice finger-tipper. RocketJumpNinja loves that thing and that's good enough for me. i was under the assumption that any 3366 mouse from Logitech would offer the same level of performance as the G502.. your g403 has the same sensor but i've read reports of it feeling less consistent and laggier so i wonder..

at this point, i do believe that it's the mouse to own for x-over gaming in general and ya i'm hyping it up but i'm not easy to please it deserves all the praise in the world for actually getting me back to gaming thanks to my satisfaction with its performance  lol. might as well paint it red and stamp the word easy on it :D
« Last Edit: 04:42 PM - 04/16/18 by mjfame »

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/weapon/33f9105c-40c7-3980-7982-add4b9f6311a

Logitech G502 // Razer Basilisk // Razer Deathadder Elite: Currently using Eight-Hundred DPI @1kHz + Framerate Sync // Swift-RX XL // XB1X // BenQ RL2455HM (LCD) // Sony GDM-FW900 (CRT)

Online alanmcgregor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: alanmcgamer
Is the perfect companion for Sony Nav. Great mouse, a redefine mice sensors on the market.

Once my favorite, but after playing with nimble mice,
now my arm see it like this
XIM APEX
Д PS4 Pro ASUS VG245H 24"  Astro A40 TR MixAmpщ Razer Orbweaver Tt esports Ventus R modded cable & hyperglide skates HyperX Fury L

Offline Da_Devil

• View Profile
Here's a list of my mice I have tinkered with xim. I

Logitech g502
Zowie fk1
Razer deathadder elite
Logitech gpro

I don't usually post in the forums, but it is interesting to see which mice work best with xim.

I use to use the zowie fk1 and hit master in overwatch. It was a very good mouse and all, very lightweight, one of the better mice I have used.
Once I bought the Logitech gpro, I made my way to rank 138 in the top 500 of overwatch tracer main and rank 16 tracer on ps4, atm I don't play overwatch anymore mainly fortnite.

Just wanted to share, I did not like the Razer deathadder elite at all it did not really feel quite right.

I have used the g502 it's just I find it a bit too heavy for my liking. And I have pretty big hands lol.

For me personally the Logitech gpro feels the best for me on xim and pc, it is very lightweight extremely comfortable even though it's a small mouse and I have big hands. I think if you have a gpro sitting around I would give it a shot definitely the best I've used on xim with the zowie fk1 in second place.

Thanks for your time

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
Here's a list of my mice I have tinkered with xim. I

Logitech g502
Zowie fk1
Razer deathadder elite
Logitech gpro

I don't usually post in the forums, but it is interesting to see which mice work best with xim.

I use to use the zowie fk1 and hit master in overwatch. It was a very good mouse and all, very lightweight, one of the better mice I have used.
Once I bought the Logitech gpro, I made my way to rank 138 in the top 500 of overwatch tracer main and rank 16 tracer on ps4, atm I don't play overwatch anymore mainly fortnite.

Just wanted to share, I did not like the Razer deathadder elite at all it did not really feel quite right.

I have used the g502 it's just I find it a bit too heavy for my liking. And I have pretty big hands lol.

For me personally the Logitech gpro feels the best for me on xim and pc, it is very lightweight extremely comfortable even though it's a small mouse and I have big hands. I think if you have a gpro sitting around I would give it a shot definitely the best I've used on xim with the zowie fk1 in second place.

Thanks for your time

thanks for sharing i'm considering the gpro
« Last Edit: 08:37 AM - 04/18/18 by mjfame »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
I used Razer mice for over a decade due to the lack of decent ambidextrous and left-handed mice from other providers. None of the Razer mice felt right with multiple generations of Xim and I struggled to keep my aim on-target, despite decades of PC gaming ingrained into muscle memory.

After a year or two of disappointment in the vastly overpriced and underperforming Ouroboros, I finally gave up on Razer and took a punt on the Logitech G303, despite not being able to use the left-hand side-buttons because it's not a true ambidextrous mouse. The difference between the Razer and Logitech sensors was immediate and impactful - I no longer felt like I was fighting for control of the reticle and everything became just so much smoother and simpler. No sensitivity tweaking, no curves, no advanced settings at all, just pure aiming bliss.

I lost my G303 last year to natural attrition, but had a G Pro handy as a backup. It too is a beaut little mouse and it'd be perfect for me, if only it had buttons on both sides. So my quest for the perfect mouse continues, with a dozen or two mice from Mionix, Logitech, Razer, Steelseries, EVGA, G.Skill and Roccat all gathering dust in favour of the little mouse that can. But I'd give a kingdom for just one truly ambidextrous, fingertip mouse with a 336X under the hood...

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
I have 3 x G502's and find the shape and the weight perfect for my needs (I have all the included weights onboard).  I am currently using a cloth mouse mat (either the Roccat Taito Control or the Cooler Master Swift-RX) and neither of them skips a beat with the G502 at 12K and 1000hz.

The only thing I would change on the G502 is for it to have had a more positive Mouse Wheel "click" when you press down on it, other than that, I use the left and right presses on the wheel to activate/deactivate an Auxiliary profile -  to the left to slow my aim down (for those long range controlled shots) and to the right to speed my aim up (for when I am operating a tank gun for example where the default profile doesn't turn the turret fast enough).

Definitely a great mouse at a price that isn't going to break the bank.

Offline ceebs

• Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
I have 3 x G502's

Why do you have 3?  :o
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
None of the Razer mice felt right with multiple generations of Xim and I struggled to keep my aim on-target, despite decades of PC gaming ingrained into muscle memory.

That's how I felt and the reason why i kept my DPI low and what's funny is i'm still using low DPI right now on my G502.. 800DPI @1,000Hz plus framerate sync. i guess that would be a good safe setting for any mouse really. i'm back to bare bones STs now without ballistics or smoothing also.

I have 3 x G502's

yeah why not 4?

Offline mjfame

• RC Tester
    • View Profile
I have 3 x G502's and find the shape and the weight perfect for my needs (I have all the included weights onboard).  I am currently using a cloth mouse mat (either the Roccat Taito Control or the Cooler Master Swift-RX) and neither of them skips a beat with the G502 at 12K and 1000hz.

The only thing I would change on the G502 is for it to have had a more positive Mouse Wheel "click" when you press down on it, other than that, I use the left and right presses on the wheel to activate/deactivate an Auxiliary profile -  to the left to slow my aim down (for those long range controlled shots) and to the right to speed my aim up (for when I am operating a tank gun for example where the default profile doesn't turn the turret fast enough).

Definitely a great mouse at a price that isn't going to break the bank.

i do wish it was a bit lighter and the cable was as well but w/e

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
I have 3 x G502's

I purchased one originally, and then the cable became curled which was bugging me, so purchased another, and then I couldn't resist the Spectrum version, so ended up with 3.  Cheap enough, and you can never have too many of anything!

Offline PixelSquish

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
way too much hype for one mouse IMO. and I used one for 2 years. and liked it quite a bit. but then discovered other mice.

the 30 grams I'm saving by using my G403 or Rival 600 or Rival 310 are making my aim far better than any potential difference in sensor, of which I highly doubt the G502 sensor is a smidgen better than the G403, or even the Rival 600/310's variant of the Pixart 3360 which has been tweaked to have zero smoothing all the way up to 3500 DPI and the bare minimum after that.

Offline Kahun

• Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
Razer mice are known not to work so well with the XIM, some have no on-board memory and 32 steps of smoothing after 2k DPI I believe? Not sure why they would want to add more smoothing than the public version of the 3360.

You're literally better off buying any mouse with 3360 over the 3389. Logitech, SteelSeries are best for XIM. (SS has working macros with XIM which is a very nice extra)
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | CouchMaster Cycon